Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 554347 times)

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1995 on: May 07, 2011, 05:28:11 AM »
XII looks that way because the sprites are zoomed in a bit. They look even worse when the screen zooms in. XIII looks amazing on every HD set I've hooked it to. I can't say the same for XII.

Kusanagi-Style

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: May 07, 2011, 08:43:06 AM »
Any news on XIII console release yet? I've been out of the loop for awhile been just playing MMO's for the past 3 months.
KOF XIII: Iori/King/Yuri

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: May 07, 2011, 04:23:22 PM »
I liked the Clash in 12. Secretly i also liked charging CD's

This is becoming a I liked XII thread but it's general enough and there's no real point in opening a new thread.  I liked the unblockable charge CD too. 

Honestly, I still feel that the Judgement Indicator from XI was an excellent idea and it discouraged turtling and winning with time.

this was probably one of the few things that i did like about 12 & 11. clash system sucked imo.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1998 on: May 09, 2011, 04:43:47 AM »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: May 09, 2011, 01:23:26 PM »
Yes, nice to hear it. But more "is coming" talk and any announce appearing... Tired of this. And Frionel comments about Mai were really discouraging  :(
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: May 09, 2011, 03:32:56 PM »
Any news on XIII console release yet? I've been out of the loop for awhile been just playing MMO's for the past 3 months.

Afraid not. The rumor is that it will be available in Japan sometime between late summer and the end of the year.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: May 09, 2011, 04:45:49 PM »
Anyone heard this yet? http://orochinagi.com/2011/05/the-on-show-5-ppv

Yeah I heard it yesterday night, Friono didn't say anything groundbreaking, but brought up some interesting bits.

1. SNKP KOFXIII Console version development started right after the Arcade Release

2. The people doing the Console Version are the same Team who did the Arcade version.

3. The fear of SNKP closing the gaming division is real, all thanks to the new management. If KOF13 and their other gaming products don't sell, then they might really close the gaming division. But that said, the people who are in the gaming division aren't going to leave without a fight, since everybody that is in the gaming division is there because they are SNK fans or something along those lines he said.

4. He keeps talking about SNKP might not try to rebalance KOF13 for consoles, because they want to keep in good terms with Arcade Owners. I think they will rebalance the game, it's not like it's impossible for them to do so. Besides wasn't KOF13 made with possible patches in mind? And who knows, maybe they will release the new version on NESICaXLive Arcades.

5. He talks that the online will be great, because KOF13 was made with Lag in mind, that is why the game has latency in the inputs offline (I don't know, since I haven't played it, but for some of the people impressions in here, I know it's true). So what they are doing is canceling the offline latency to help the game run smooth. And that KOF13 team is really proud of the netcode. I can understand the idea, but I don't think it's the best solution, but we will know until it's out.

6. He comments on the Japanese fans Drama, he saids that SNKP sees the overseas market more importantly for their success, so that is the reason for that. Doesn't really make sense, but whatever (on this day and age, no matter where the info comes from almost everybody who is a fan will know about it thanks to the internet).

7. He also mentions that SNKP plans to have a international release, but he is unaware if SNKP has a US/EU publisher yet. if they got a publisher then the international release will happen, if not then the game will be release in Japan first and then the in other regions, but their plan is for International release. IIRC Atlus Forums someone hinted that they are the ones who will bring KOF13 over, but who knows if it's true.

That's about it for what I remember of the interview, I just woke up so I might had miss something. Also you can see Friono play in the finals of Slugfest and answering lots of SNKP trivia in the end. There was a question about Robert father in the end which was interesting.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2002 on: May 09, 2011, 04:48:34 PM »
And Frionel comments about Mai were really discouraging  :(

I'd like to think it just makes her a high candidate for possible improvements in the console release, if a mass of vocal gamers are also feeling that way.

I do have to agree with Gunsmith's point that she has a lot of "air game" that appears to be under-used by most players. But in a game with THIS version of K' and Raiden... yeah, she could use more tools!

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: May 09, 2011, 05:09:17 PM »
I wasn't able to hear all of the interview, as the player kept dying in the first thirty minutes.

But what I heard reinforced my suspicion that Friono does not actually know any of the stuff he's been saying. He may believe it very strongly, and may have a Japanese friend who believes something similar, but he doesn't know what SNK will do any more than we do.

That said, I do think he's right. SNK has released SNK Classics Volume 0 on PSP and Trouble Witches on XBLA.  Golden Week is over. The only thing left for them to do is announce a new game.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: May 09, 2011, 05:35:12 PM »
I feel like I've heard everything this Frionel guys said on this forums before. I don't really see the big deal.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: May 09, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »
Seriously, those comments seem a lot like something that anybody here would come out with it, even the troll that poster ere at some point sounded more credible lol

Waifu Material

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: May 09, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
But what I heard reinforced my suspicion that Friono does not actually know any of the stuff he's been saying. He may believe it very strongly, and may have a Japanese friend who believes something similar, but he doesn't know what SNK will do any more than we do.

Like he said, if the things he said come true then he is not a liar, if not he will be label as a liar.
But we can't deny that his news/rumors are helping keeping the community active for now, which is what SNKP really needs to keep fans hyped for KOFXIII on consoles.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: May 09, 2011, 06:01:50 PM »
I'd like to think it just makes her a high candidate for possible improvements in the console release, if a mass of vocal gamers are also feeling that way.

This won't happen. People just don't pick up her and that's all. There is no any "vocal mass" for such demand. Is not K' case, or Kula... Everybody is complaining about Terry being low tier, even if Terry is far better than Mai.
She's in the game and her tits bounce, right? Then Mai it's OK  >:(

About Frionel. Well, as The Answer says, he just repeat what he told, nothing more. But I still belive in him, I only hope SNKP didn't change the plans about console version that Frionel knew.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: May 09, 2011, 06:02:44 PM »

This won't happen. People just don't pick up her and that's all. There is no any "vocal mass" for such demand. Is not K' case, or Kula, is just Mai... Everybody is complaining about Terry, not Mai, even if Terry is far better than Mai.
She's in the game and her tits bounce, right? Then Mai it's OK  >:(

About Frionel. Well, as The Answer says, he just repeat what he told, nothing more. But I still belive in him, I only hope SNKP didn't change the plans about console version that Frionel knew.

What did he say about mai and why worries you?

If they will not made changes on the arcade, I don't get it

Waifu Material

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: May 09, 2011, 06:11:24 PM »
What did he say about mai and why worries you?
In other words, he said she's really bad in that game. Bah, don't worry, isn't something new. I don't know why it caught me.