Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 553941 times)

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2025 on: May 11, 2011, 12:15:06 AM »
Man... with me not being able to try out this game, I'll gladly take any information about this game.

I would like to know if there's a web page with the team stories for XIII translated into English. That should keep me busy for about 20 minutes xD

Yes, iirc all the team stories were translated. Though with different quality of how good it is. Most of them are done very well though. CX has a lot of stuff on there like prologue, several team stories, character blog info, and the team dialogues from the pre-release countdown. They are not all there though. For the others you'll have to hunt through places like srk's KOFXIII forum.

http://cyberfanatix.com/forums/index.php/topic,964.0.html
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:17:20 AM by Gravelneed »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #2026 on: May 11, 2011, 05:32:21 AM »
man we have over 1,000 members now. Hopefully when XIII hits consoles we can help turn all those people into competent players

I hope so too, but to be honest, maybe half of those members are inactive or spam bots. :(
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: May 11, 2011, 05:51:53 AM »
Yeah the numbers don't really matter when none of them have really posted or are most likely spam bots.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: May 11, 2011, 10:03:14 AM »
I kinda like small community. Everybody knows and are friendly to each other (most of the time). But on the other hand, it would be nice to see some new faces.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: May 11, 2011, 04:29:40 PM »
I kinda like small community. Everybody knows and are friendly to each other (most of the time). But on the other hand, it would be nice to see some new faces.

Both points have their advantages. I'm up for anyone wanting to learn the game, new or old.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: May 11, 2011, 05:48:09 PM »
the real good point about these forums is that everybody here is actually interrested in kof or snk games. kinda wish we could have something where people from asia could post in, but that doesnt seem possible. im really interrested in what people from jpn, korea, china and other asian countries think about the game/s and snk games in general. sharing info with them would have been a nice plus. problem is wed need to google translate everything all the time. but they also probably have their own communities and such.

also, is the new lay out finished?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: May 11, 2011, 08:39:36 PM »
So lately I've been using Kyo and noticed how quick he can charge his HD meter, pretty much towards the end of every single round (even round 1) a properly used Kyo can have a full HD even after taking some damage. In my opinion you should not based your game strategy around saving meter and landing big HD combos, however in Kyo's case given on how fast he builds HD meter this HD combos should be something to really incorporate in your strategy.

Any other characters you guys think might share this same concept?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

GoldenGlove

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: May 11, 2011, 10:09:24 PM »
Can't Ash do like 90% with full HD and a single stock? He also doesn't seem to have much use for normal drive cancels. Just going from videos, I feel like HD combos are a great value proposition with Ash, knowing you'll still have plenty of damage potential with your remaining characters.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: May 11, 2011, 11:13:58 PM »
Can't Ash do like 90% with full HD and a single stock? He also doesn't seem to have much use for normal drive cancels. Just going from videos, I feel like HD combos are a great value proposition with Ash, knowing you'll still have plenty of damage potential with your remaining characters.

Not exactly he can do as much damage as many other characters ONCE his got the drive which is not that easy to build with him as you will see in 90% of the videos he is placed in 2nd or 3rd position so that he can use the meter that was carried over from previous characters. What I'm referring to is about Kyo's properties to build fast HD meter allowing you to really incorporate HD combos in your strategy.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: May 11, 2011, 11:48:48 PM »
So lately I've been using Kyo and noticed how quick he can charge his HD meter, pretty much towards the end of every single round (even round 1) a properly used Kyo can have a full HD even after taking some damage. In my opinion you should not based your game strategy around saving meter and landing big HD combos, however in Kyo's case given on how fast he builds HD meter this HD combos should be something to really incorporate in your strategy.

Kyo can build up meter quickly through that running grab if (connected) I'm saying if i block all day with Andy and not get hit by that running grab Kyo won't build drive meter. Where in other areas Andy can generate more drive meter through pokes better than Kyo! I know this much is true. Kim generates super meter through whiffed hcb k (B) far screen. Every character has different points in advantages. The importance of the game is to fully abuse the advantages or at least understand everyones movement and utilize the characters strong points in counter picking certain characters.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: May 12, 2011, 12:20:57 AM »

Kyo can build up meter quickly through that running grab if (connected) I'm saying if i block all day with Andy and not get hit by that running grab Kyo won't build drive meter. Where in other areas Andy can generate more drive meter through pokes better than Kyo! I know this much is true. Kim generates super meter through whiffed hcb k (B) far screen. Every character has different points in advantages. The importance of the game is to fully abuse the advantages or at least understand everyones movement and utilize the characters strong points in counter picking certain characters.

Yeah I used to pick my order/characters based on meter management, but lately have been trying to do it based on character match ups (guessing the opponent's order). I seem to be doing a bit better this way.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: May 12, 2011, 07:12:40 PM »

That is true, but you are missing my point here and actually supporting I'm pretty sure everybody knows that every characters has different strong points and characteristics that need to be abused. But like I said in my previous post Kyo is one of the few characters that can incorporate HD into it's game strategy from round one.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: May 16, 2011, 01:10:26 AM »
I didn't really know where to post this, but today I stumble upon a show in The Escapist about Game developing and while I was watching the earlier episodes some of them really made me think about KOF and SNKP.

I strongly recommend to check this series, is really good, but for the sake of talking about KOF13 and how to bring the game to new audiences. I think this video says some things that could make KOF13 easier for people to jump to it with out sacrificing Depth.

Check it out: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/2454-Easy-Games

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: May 16, 2011, 04:11:37 AM »
well, isnt that basically something every knowledgable gamer knows but most devs dont? i think you should post that at square-enix/capcom/namco sites and such, i know, you know, we know, do they know? it might be harder to make a good game, but once they do they can milk it for at least 2 or more sequels and make more monay. some companies really changed in that aspect, square was a company i had a lot of respect for during the snes era, i cant stand them since the ps2 era.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: May 16, 2011, 04:17:23 AM »
I didn't really know where to post this, but today I stumble upon a show in The Escapist about Game developing and while I was watching the earlier episodes some of them really made me think about KOF and SNKP.

I strongly recommend to check this series, is really good, but for the sake of talking about KOF13 and how to bring the game to new audiences. I think this video says some things that could make KOF13 easier for people to jump to it with out sacrificing Depth.

Check it out: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/2454-Easy-Games

Good link DarKaoZ. I think XIII hits a lot of the points that what the article says "makes a good, accessible game." Easy, probably not so much, but it's not always SNK boss hard. A few things the video mentioned about tutorial is probably where the game might fall short. But it's points like this where I think the community can fill in the blank. Similar to Dandy J's SF-to-KOF tutorial vids, and even the Technical References for XIII, there's a lot that can be done from the fan end of things to show (or showcase) the game and all the possibilities.

There's also an article here about SF4 that's worth a look (not bashing because of the game, but a little because of the community).
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1167033p1.html
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995