Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547645 times)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2145 on: May 30, 2011, 05:26:01 AM »
It's just a fan talking about what he wants in the console version. Six new characters, fully-voiced movies, color edit mode, more classic alts, and an LE version. Basically, the same kind of fan wishes/speculations we make here, but presented in a "coming soon!" way.

One of the responses is "I think he went crazy from the complete lack of information on the console version." I think we can all relate.  :(

The survey was posted by a guy who just said that he finally finished making it, and that he'd appreciate people filling it out. Probably not official.  The results are still interesting.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 05:35:02 AM by Rex Dart »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #2146 on: May 30, 2011, 07:48:02 AM »
LOL, I agree, the lack of information and the anxiety is making people go a little stir crazy...making them believe anything they find.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: May 30, 2011, 10:50:27 AM »
Glad you finally played it, what are your impressions Shiranui_ninja?  Btw, do live in Europe?

Yes, i do. I'm catalan (spain). And I travelled to France to play the game. Arcade Street's owner was shocked when we told him we came from spain to play KOF XIII :D

You can read my impressions about Mai in her own thread. About the game, the impressions are terribly POSITIVE. I think it's a great game. When you just enter into an arcade local the game really takes your attention, with all its colorness, their smooth sprites... I think if I didn't know this game probably it catched my attention anyway since minute 1. We were playing all the day, just against CPU to see the game, and get some practice (too many years without playing KOF...). Then a group of 10-15 people come to play the game (I think one of them was France champion, but not sure) and they played very well. Very different gameplay of yours. Not so much HD combos, more DMs and NeoMax. Very nice to watch. Kim, Clark, Joe, Terry, Leona, Kula, Iori and Shen the most played characters.

About the gameplay, I think the game is PERFECT. I love its speed, fast but not too much, with fast jumps and runs. Drive Cancels are more strict than what I thought, what is good I think. I feared the game was too broken, because all this HD combos and K', and Raiden, etc. But I didn't get this impression, and I think it's quite balanced. All characters have their good combos and tools and if you play in a good way I think all characters are competitive. But is true that some character are really dangerous, like Shen and Iori (man, Iori is a beast!) I fought one K' and it wasn't a problem and I saw one Raiden and it was meh. The game feels A LOT like an old KOF for me, but with some 2002 touch. I just LOVE IT. What I loved too is that you have the feeling that there a lot of things to do, you can play in different ways, more SF (I mean, zoning, cross up, DM, etc) or more in damaging HD combing, which needs training and some talent :D

Other things I liked besides gameplay: intro dialogues and winquotes (great scripting work and great sense of humor from SNKP), color palettes (BEATIFUL!), NeoMAX, Saiki's background (well, all backgrounds are stunning), story mini movies, character portraits and artworks.

Probably I'm forgetting things, but these are more or less my first impressions in my first experience with the game. Now the only thing I want is have this game at home...It was frustating to leave Paris without knowing when I will play again the game....  :(

(Sorry my english, it's early morning :P)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:55:49 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #2148 on: May 30, 2011, 11:53:07 AM »
Oh you're from Catalan? Haha! If you knew my friend, I'd have asked him to join you just to play the game. xD

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: May 30, 2011, 12:07:10 PM »
Oh you're from Catalan? Haha! If you knew my friend, I'd have asked him to join you just to play the game. xD
Catalonia, yes :)  do you have a catalan friend who likes kof? cool, you can give to him my PSN if you want, and maybe we can play KOF XIII when comes out :D

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: May 30, 2011, 02:58:57 PM »
About the gameplay, I think the game is PERFECT.
I think you hit the nail on the head. There's certainly room for tweaks, or maybe additions, but XIII's system is the most fun KOF has ever been.

Just over a hundred people have taken that poll, so I feel like drawing attention to some of the results. Both these questions allowed multiple answers, which is why the percents don't add up to 100. (Just in case case that wasn't clear.)

Which KOF do you like?
65.7% KOF 2002 UM
62.7% KOF 98
62.7% KOF XIII
56.9% KOF 98 UM
54.9% KOF XI

Which KOF (gameplay) system do you like?
52.9% KOF 98
52.9% KOF XIII
49% KOF 2002 UM
48% KOF XI
48% KOF 98 UM

While the sample size is obviously pretty small, I still think it pretty amazing that XIII is tied with KOF '98 in two separate categories. Considering that KOF '98 has been the gold standard for KOF since forever AND it has nostalgia helping it, the fans have clearly embraced XIII by and large. (It's also interesting to note that fans have a harder time agreeing on the best KOF gameplay than on the games themselves.)

------------------

I checked the latest issue of Arcadia today. SNK's regular two page spread was devoted to their newest KOF cell phone game and Trouble Witches DLC. No offense to those two games, but bleegh. Real news please!

The rankings were interesting. XIII is hanging in there around 8th place (I think), but was surprised to see 2002UM for Nesica jump up to around 5th place. It almost overtook SSF4:AE! Clearly, the Nesica version has really helped the game's popularity, and I hope an XIII upgrade (the console version??) gets ported to Nesica in the future.

(Also, Kyo and Iori are guest summons in the latest Lord of Vermilion game. For those who don't know, the new LoV games are arcade card-battling games developed by Square-Enix.)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: May 30, 2011, 03:38:12 PM »
im hoping next month we get to see some more info about kof XIII with e3 being around the corner and all

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: May 30, 2011, 03:53:08 PM »
About the gameplay, I think the game is PERFECT.

The rankings were interesting. XIII is hanging in there around 8th place (I think), but was surprised to see 2002UM for Nesica jump up to around 5th place. It almost overtook SSF4:AE! Clearly, the Nesica version has really helped the game's popularity, and I hope an XIII upgrade (the console version??) gets ported to Nesica in the future.

(Also, Kyo and Iori are guest summons in the latest Lord of Vermilion game. For those who don't know, the new LoV games are arcade card-battling games developed by Square-Enix.)
Hope there will be kof in tougeki 2011 second season.

im hoping next month we get to see some more info about kof XIII with e3 being around the corner and all
+1

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: May 30, 2011, 05:51:59 PM »
so shiranui, im thinking your happy as hell with barca? (spanish champion, championsleauge winner).

also i wouldnt expect kof 13 in e3, isnt something like this obvious?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: May 30, 2011, 06:19:53 PM »

A man can dream. (Not to assume too much but women probably can too)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: May 30, 2011, 07:15:42 PM »
so shiranui, im thinking your happy as hell with barca? (spanish champion, championsleauge winner).

yeah i know chances are slim to none but do you have to shit on my parade :(

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: May 30, 2011, 07:24:11 PM »

Absolutely. Barça is making happy everybody here, even if you are not a football follower, like me :P

I think you hit the nail on the head.

I don't get the meaning of this :P do you mean I was exagerated on that afirmation? Yes, probably, but I was talking from a very subjective point of view. I was not trying to say is a perfect game, I was expressing that I personally love this game's concept of gameplay. As you said I think it has a very funny gameplay, varied and deep. Combo system, EX attacks and neomax adds some kind of complexity that KOF doesn't have it before. This and its speed, wich I personally loved, makes me think is the better kof gameplay I played.

On a side note. I contacted with someone that could be working in KOF XIII console version (freelance). I can not prove that he really works on it, and I'm not going to revel in what is he working because I don't want to prejudice him. He can't talk too much because all what he knows is confidential, but he give us some hints. There will be "several" number of extra characters (I'm not really sure what several means for him.. 4,5,6?less?more?) and it will be released for both systems (360 and ps3). I know is not anything super important (well, about "several" number of extras I'm pretty hyped) but the important thing, for me, is that I really belive him. I have a strong feeling that this guy is not trolling (well, is not a feeling, I investigate a little about him and looks like he is what he says he is). So, I can't prove anything and I won't, and I wouldn't like be lying me/you, but I'm confident that console version is coming, and probably all this time is because SNKP is putting all their efforts on that. Let's be patient and see if what this guy told us comes true and what Luther Blisset said becomes shit :)  

I think we are not going to see anything related to KOFXIII in E3, but the official announce could come after E3.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 07:28:21 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: May 30, 2011, 07:27:47 PM »
I think you hit the nail on the head.

I don't get the meaning of this :P
Sorry. "Hit the nail on the head" means "is exactly/perfectly correct."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:57:30 AM by Rex Dart »

samirerre

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: May 31, 2011, 03:27:18 AM »
hello dc folks
i have a question
do think kof xiii will be profitable for snk?
i know this is little retarded but still ..

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #2159 on: May 31, 2011, 05:39:59 AM »
You should ask playmore.Soon this game will be 1 year old and we have no info  about a console port only rumors and people running amok :)) (and usually they used to port the arcade games in max 6 months on console).it seems that no and personally i don't think so because no one cares about kof -> lack of publicity and a good game in years, they had a chance with XII but they blew it.Hope it gets released so i can play it or i will have to steal some organs to buy the board