Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 553912 times)

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1215 on: January 03, 2011, 08:51:04 PM »
Because I would hate to see a noob friedly 6 button KOF game just to cater to the Capcom fans. In other words for KOF to sell it's soul to the devil to make a buck.

I hate SF's gameplay in so many levels but I prefer that instead of SNK not publishing XIII at all.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 03, 2011, 09:48:26 PM »
good fighting game companies that i would like to succeed, snkp, crapcom, arcsys.

what i haten the most about sf is the characters hardly ever change (yeah, mp becomes 1 frame slower, 1 active frame more and all that bs i couldnt give a fuck about). no new moves, sf system in genral sucks. the reason zoning and footsies work soo good in sf is the characters dont have other ways to go around shit. no super jumps, no real dashes, no hops etc. shit just sucks being soo limited.

imo the ulitmate fighting game would be one that has a great system like kof where all characters have huge mobility, but at the same time many normal moves all used for different situations to make it have more of a capcom feel, but at the same time many specials and supers to give it that snk look. there is still no such game though, shame as ive been waiting on 1 since at least 15 years ago.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 03, 2011, 10:07:08 PM »
@JohnCrawley: Not me man I'll rather them just have a Jap/Asia version and import it here.

@Musolini: I agree with the SF system, IMO they are just trying to keep it noob friendly. One of the first "PRO-TIPS" you will get from any PRO SF players is "Don't jump in" lol I'm sure this is very well know already. Also I think that's why characters with a DIVE KICK are so good in SF (ej Rufus, YUN).
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 03, 2011, 11:27:22 PM »
Well he left in September, and lots of thing happened in this time frame (New President if I'm not wrong)

It's not like those tweets were from october, november and december
this programmer was wokring on XII,not XIII

or the last part is about XIII?...if so....

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ARE THEY FUCKING PORT THE GAME IN....A FUCKING HOUSE?

Its like I tought...all those months without ANY news means that snkp is fucked up(prolly because of a bad financial situation)..and so the game is going to be release in late 2011 just for japan....... without a good netcode and...god even the training mode will be fucked up

fuck.

Lol reading comprension, in house means that SNKP is devolping their own game, SNKP is famous por hire third party studios to make their games

And also, lol, I can't see any logic, CVS 3 is impossible, KOF XIII too, because I can't see them releasing it unless they do it in decemeber of 2011

Waifu Material

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: January 04, 2011, 12:01:01 AM »
Ok I didn't know about third party studios,anyway I dont understand all this wait without any infos

say something snkp.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: January 04, 2011, 12:06:40 AM »
@JohnCrawley: Not me man I'll rather them just have a Jap/Asia version and import it here.

@Musolini: I agree with the SF system, IMO they are just trying to keep it noob friendly. One of the first "PRO-TIPS" you will get from any PRO SF players is "Don't jump in" lol I'm sure this is very well know already. Also I think that's why characters with a DIVE KICK are so good in SF (ej Rufus, YUN).

Is not that a little selfish or at least very fanboyish?

I just want to play the game, I can't care less who publishes the game, and isn't like they will ''capcomized'' the game, hell, if the game is a jap version there is a big change than the game will not be region free on the 360 (yeah, maybe you had PS3, but people who support the 360 because SNKP releases their games there deserve something)

Waifu Material

Cronopio

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: January 04, 2011, 12:23:16 AM »
Because I would hate to see a noob friedly 6 button KOF game just to cater to the Capcom fans. In other words for KOF to sell it's soul to the devil to make a buck.

Yeah six buttons are noob friendlier than four buttons lol

Nobody here is good at Street Fighter, dunno why people keep talking about shit they don't know.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: January 04, 2011, 12:54:59 AM »
man i used to own in sf, all the sf2 games before st (ww, hf, super). im still prett decent at sf4 considering i only play like once a month or something along those lines. i still beat scrubs that play the game way more often than i do all because of my sf2 expertise. you actually have to be pretty good to beat me or turtle all day. if sf4 was more fun for me i actually might have invested the time in the game and gotten my game up to tourney level. shit just wasnt worth it for me, my lil bros felt the same way about the game like i did (theyre 26 now and have been into this shit almost as long as me, since 92)

and lol cronopio, do you really find sf hard to understand? if you have played the sf2 series competetivelly you are in a position to talk about sf related shit. sf4 especially, because its the most like sf2 imo. sf3 series and ts, now thats a totally different beast and i give those players way more respect that any sf4 player. ive never been high level at the 3 series but i still understand everything about it and can deduct evething about it. i know there are people who dont have a firm grasp at fighters, but if youve been all about fighters from the start i dont get how you could not get it if you actually played it?

now for sf, imo in sf you battle the character and not the system. all characters can dash and jump, but all theirs works differently (like in all games, but in sf its really hugely different and character specific). meaning if you main a certain character your gonna have trouble against some and an advantage against others. its all character specific, mainly cause thats how the sf system works (sf2 and 4, and to a degree alpha series). you have to work with your character against the other character with the system having only a small role to play in it.

kof on the other hand has the same character specific match ups with some being harder and some being easier. the BIG difference is that every character has ways to move and go in unlike sf. the system allows for all characters to be that way, some more than others (thats normal for foghters) but it goes for all. in short if your good at kof you can become good with most characters. yes there are special characters that play completely different from others (yamazaki, geese, chin, anhel, gai etc) but you can still manage 1 way or the other if you have a firm grasp of the system and baller execution. it doesnt mean you dont have to learn the characters and character specific shit, it just means your way less bound to those rules as theres ways around it. its called evolution.

sf is way too character specific to be fun imo, because of the system it becomes such a shitty boring turtle fest (unless you got a divekick, cammys air thingy or safe rekkas like fei). i mean how could it not? in all thee\se limited ways to get in your basically stuck to your position, which happens to be b/db, now you have 1 button to poke and zone with, another for an aa and perheps a cr mk/etc that can be cancelled into a special for chip and damage.

in short this was the exact reason i quit sf2 back in the day when i was actually good. there was no real good way to advance and it was all about poking and countering with turtling (and throwing, you had to have a great throw game back in the sf2 series, mines was tops, like the rest of my sf2 game back then). the first GREAT game that changed all this and finally gave offensive players ways to get in and shit was the og and the 1 and only kof 97, which imo is still one of the best kofs ever and perhaps my most played kof ever. the shit was huge back in 97. it was a revolution (maybe the vs from capcom did this as well, but i personally never really cared for the superhero fighters and couldnt stand the air combos and dashes).

my 2 cents.

last, 6 buttons can be way noob friendlier than 4 when these buttons replace all other actions. you could never play rog or guile the same way in kof. they have 6 way noob friendlier buttons than most koffers. in kof, there are no characters that can just db jab, or rh or fierce and keep you at bay. you have to work way harder when you only have 4 buttons of which none are nppb friendly (unless your goro in 98, ahum). but it still needs way more work.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:59:35 AM by MUSOLINI »

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: January 04, 2011, 02:16:53 AM »
well VS is a whole different entity. that game never had any stigma against it, and people generally like the game. just, at the time, it was vastly overshadowed. not to keep beating the same drum but, it's capcom and this is america (fans eat capcom for breakfast, lunch, and dinner). let's face it, KOF/SNK and its fans have a very large stigma. if you've tried introducing these games outside of anyone besides your friends, i'm sure you've see the reactions. the fanbase is viewed as "illiterate" and "fobs" and the gameplay is often mocked as "derivative" since its gameplay is really different. there have already been great discussions at length as to why attempts are so unsuccessful. mind you, that people are definitely trying. i really don't think it's lack of effort, it's the lack of openmindedness. tone from norcal pushes KOF pretty heavy sometimes and always wants to play, but he never has any luck. when i used to hold regular sessions i got people to play and learn a bit but they didn't stick with it. even at EVO '10 there were setups and supposed sidetourneys that never happened cause no one cared. i think it was summed up best at socal regionals during grand finals when an onlooker said "KOF XIII is probably a really good game, but i just don't have any interest in it at all." you can't win against people who choose to stay ignorant. that's why so many people have given up on trying to create scenes and pushing the games. but, if you keep playing the games and keep the passion alive, people will take notice. that's about all you can really do. you can't force people to like the games. it might be overlapping with what was said in the EVO 2011 thread, but just because more people see the game doesn't mean they'll embrace it.
Same shit has been said about Melty and it got into EVO, despite all the ridicule and shittalking they kept showing up to tournaments, even if they were just side status. They kept trying build something up. I admit KoF has a bit more stigma than MB due to it's reutation here in the states, but that's not gonna hold it back that much. Seriously, this year at EVO I'm going to try my best to get some stuff happening, and everyone here that wants XIII to be successful should try to.

i somewhat hate how melty is getting used more and more as an EVO reference, to be honest. most people quote but don't really understand the melty movement. the effort that was getting put into MB was phenomenal. you'd often have one or two guys hauling 2 or 3 TVs each with stream equipment to get MB seen online; this was just for sessions. EC blew this game up with the Team Spooky streams. Events like NEC and West Toast/Norcal Install had MB as main events, not side tourneys. Weekly sessions, though with low attendance, happened throughout the country on a regular basis. people were seeing a game they never knew existed, and it looked fun. the community brought it up to SRK heads time and time again. they bulldozed for things to happen. A WHOLE COMMUNITY DID.

KOF had already been established during the CAPCOM/SNK 90s rivalry. people know what to expect, they just don't care anymore. if you ask most people, Capcom won the war. just like reincumbents, people usually don't like to vote for losers.

you can't simply say, melty did it, so can X or Y game. you have to look at the scene as a whole and analyze how the overall fighting game community views it. that's the only way you're going to effectively bring about change. i don't mean just getting KOF to EVO. i mean getting people to embrace KOF all over again. it's always easier to show someone something new (MB) rather than change their mind (KOF). i'm all up for supporting KOF moving forward, but think about the time and effort that's necessary instead of flippantly saying that you're going to help KOF make a comeback. i have not seen anyone attempt to move the scene for KOF quite as hard as MB did for MBAA. even Dark Geese himself has stated discouragement on growing the american scene. in that sense, i can somewhat understand him focusing his efforts elsewhere even if i don't wholly agree with it. don't take this rant personally, i just think KOF fans in the US have a lot of bark and no bite. i've been hearing about a KOF revival since 99.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 04, 2011, 03:05:02 AM »
well who cares what the US is thinking. they was never good in kof, never will be. people in asian countries find sf boring and dont like to play it. same applies to people in the US with kof, cept that its too hard to grasp for them instead of being too boring or easy.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 04, 2011, 03:16:44 AM »
well who cares what the US is thinking. they was never good in kof, never will be. people in asian countries find sf boring and dont like to play it. same applies to people in the US with kof, cept that its too hard to grasp for them instead of being too boring or easy.

Couldn't the same argument be used by northamericans saying that people in asia don't know shit about videogames and that they found Street Fighter hard to play so they need to KOF? hell, in japan SF IV is way more popular and mainstream than any kof. They are Idiots too? And super turbo is a game till this day I respect for being very technician, Street Fighter is way more than just 3-3 that is the game that ''elite players'' want to remark

We must stop to be fucking scrubs and nerds who had the fucking need to mention SF every fucking moment just to throw trash, people like this are not better than the idiots of shoryuken who ride on capcom dicks, we snk and kof fans need to step up our game, care only about fucking KOF and grow up an scene, no sound like bitter idiots who need to trash anything that is related to Capcom

For the record, I respect a lot SF IV, people  who took their time to learn it are really in another league than me, hell at the moment SF IV seems way more deep than XIII imo, which still has lots of stupid errors. I personally will not had problems learning the game if weren't because bores me to hell

I don't get why a game being noob friendly instantly means that is crap, 33 is a game which is not hard to pick, but is way more hard to learn than lots of other games less  'noob friendly''

With that attitude of snobberish SNK and KOF will not go anywhere if we keep being so mind closed
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:18:28 AM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 04, 2011, 04:10:07 AM »
I'll never understand why people love to compare SF and KOF. To tell the truth, I don't even bother to ever talk about SSF4 or any other SF when playing or talking KOF cause to be honest, I've yet to play any incarnation of SF4 and I doubt I ever will. Not because I don't want to, it's just that I have no interest in it. And quite frankly, if people keep saying SF is better than KOF, I really wouldn't care. It's not gonna have any effect on me when it comes to playing KOF. But yeah, we seriously need to get away from the whole KOF/SF comparison because let's be honest, I think the US is the only country who even cares about that stuff.

But what I'm I talking about, comparing happens in all facets of life.

krazykone123

« Reply #1227 on: January 04, 2011, 05:40:59 AM »
i just think KOF fans in the US have a lot of bark and no bite. i've been hearing about a KOF revival since 99.

True but I still agree with Zabel, if you guys wanna get this shit going yall gotta bust a move like... now, waiting for SNKP to do it for you ain't gonna happen especially with XIII, need to focus more on what you need to do rather than what everyone else is doing.

Couldn't the same argument be used by northamericans saying that people in asia don't know shit about videogames and that they found Street Fighter hard to play so they need to KOF? hell, in japan SF IV is way more popular and mainstream than any kof. They are Idiots too? And super turbo is a game till this day I respect for being very technician, Street Fighter is way more than just 3-3 that is the game that ''elite players'' want to remark

We must stop to be fucking scrubs and nerds who had the fucking need to mention SF every fucking moment just to throw trash, people like this are not better than the idiots of shoryuken who ride on capcom dicks, we snk and kof fans need to step up our game, care only about fucking KOF and grow up an scene, no sound like bitter idiots who need to trash anything that is related to Capcom

For the record, I respect a lot SF IV, people  who took their time to learn it are really in another league than me, hell at the moment SF IV seems way more deep than XIII imo, which still has lots of stupid errors. I personally will not had problems learning the game if weren't because bores me to hell

I don't get why a game being noob friendly instantly means that is crap, 33 is a game which is not hard to pick, but is way more hard to learn than lots of other games less  'noob friendly''

With that attitude of snobberish SNK and KOF will not go anywhere if we keep being so mind closed

Nicely done.

Beelzemon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: January 04, 2011, 06:44:24 AM »
People are just too hopeful that SNKP will go the way of capcom and do all these big things like having a community manager for the US or constantly updating fans on their latest game development.  That all pretty much went out the window when they lost Ignition as a publisher.  It's best to just get in the mindset that SNKP are just like any obscure fighting game developer.  Meaning you're going to have to do the work if you want their games to get recognized.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 06:46:58 AM by Mecha-Shiva »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: January 04, 2011, 11:55:46 AM »
I totally hate SSFIV. Can't wait to have KOFXIII in my hands to stop playing that creepy game.

Simply its gameplay doesn't fit with me.

I respect Capcom, SF and its players, but I think is a very overestimated game.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:58:01 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature