Author Topic: Skull Girls  (Read 38363 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Skull Girls
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2012, 01:13:14 AM »
Well it's not the typical game.  It's a Visual Novel, not something that's easy to market at all.  If there's one sticking point against the AA franchise, it's replayability, or a lack thereof.  Can't play them more than once really.  It's a hard sell to those who haven't played the franchise already or don't understand VNs. 

It's not "common" knowledge per say, it's just yeah, the basics are simple enough to understand.  I THINK Mike Z or Ravi put up some specific numbers on the increases and such on SRK or Dustloop but I can't remember when or the specific numbers themselves.

And I wouldn't worry about it.  I think it will come out around that area, maybe a bit earlier.  It's like Mike Z says, due to how PSN/XBLA games are approved, you usually don't hear about the release date until a week or two before release outside of rereleases.  I'd expect to eventually hear about it in the next two weeks at the most, if not earlier.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2012, 01:19:53 AM »
I really wouldn't call it a visual novel, since I've played those. It's really like a Point-and-Click adventure title of old and they never really advertised it as such, or even advertised it to non-gamers. It was a huge hit in Japan for just about everyone and they should've been smarter about their marketing, but the thing is that they only know how to market to core gamers and are baffled by niche releases. I got my dad into it by telling him how crazy the trials get and he loved it. Hell, there's a pretty hefty base of fans that are females that love it. I just hope the iOS release gets some traction.

I get it, it's just that I don't like how both Sony and Microsoft play favorites with their download services and how weak they are with their release schedules.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2012, 01:27:00 AM »
Well it can be annoying to sell to niche gamers in the US because...well it's the US.  Just have to make the intentions known that it deserves the attention.  Getting a healthy word out, Nick being in UMvC3 (no matter how...awful he is in the game, though Cornered hits and the crowd gets hype), the iOS releases, the tag team with Professor Layton which can drag over some of those fans, I think it should be fine for the future.

And yeah, it sucks but I'm numb to Microsoft and their crap.  If I wasn't, i would've chucked my 360 out the window already.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2012, 06:23:17 AM »
My only issue is that Atlus, XSEED and NIS America have turned this into a science with much less resources.

I forgive MS because party chat and better online. Also PS3's XMB is balls.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2012, 06:29:10 AM »
True enough, true enough.  Either way, I'm just saying Capcom has done a lot worse with other games and series.  If advertisement and the lack of localization of one game who's predecessor didn't do that well over here are the only black marks...meh, I'll take it.

And...well I can't completely forgive them but meh, I have their system, what can I do?  I'm not paying for a PS3.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2012, 06:31:19 AM »
I'm caving in to get it once it drops once more, I still have a weakness for Yakuza unfortunately.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2012, 06:43:19 AM »
I don't...never got the hype around Yakuza.

Anyway, uh Skullgirls...yeah honestly, nothing much to say about it until we get a release date.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2012, 07:00:47 AM »
You gotta play it for yourself. It isn't the best thing around, but if you liked Shenmue or any brawler really. It's basically the next evolution to that. Also the narratives to the games are pretty amazing for a brawler. 3 definitely had me by the balls for sure.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2012, 07:04:07 AM »
I have Yakuza 1 actually, and I've beaten most of the game but...yeah, I was never THAT into it.  Would've beaten it, but it had that requirement that you had to have a shitton of money at a certain part of the game...and I was like...fuck that.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2012, 07:23:56 AM »
If you get a PS3, you should really give 3 a shot. It's a damn fine game and it really adds a lot to the game. There's a lot of crazy beatdowns, crazy boss fights and fun side quests.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2012, 04:56:55 AM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/friday-night-skullgirls/728226

All I have to say is...Official...Peacock...Pressure.

And I guess I can look into it or something, my dad has a PS3...

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2012, 05:05:31 AM »
Got dat Looney Tunes pressure yo.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2012, 07:40:09 PM »

SG action starts at 2 hours, but I'd skip ahead to 3 hours for some real good matches.  Everyone gets good representation (except Valentine surprisingly enough), and Dacidbro showing the power of the Sentinel Successor.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2012, 03:57:10 AM »
Double post for a reason...

RELEASE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/11/12 Mark your damn calendars, that day shall be the end of the world as you know it.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2012, 03:38:39 AM »
I looked over the Wiki. Why is every special a QCF or QCB move? And why are the supers EX motions? That kinda' turns me off. I like the look of Painwheel though. But the aesthetics and now shallow controls turn me off.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.