Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1037431 times)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1365 on: June 03, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »
I was not comparing gameplay or weakness between Shen and Liz, but exposure. I mean, I have the feeling that Liz, the third most used character along with K' and Raiden, has been substituted for shen in many teams. Just a thought, nothing more :P

How about some new French footage.

I was expecting more from Friono :P  Aah, that was the cabinet I played a week ago... How I miss it!  :(

I'm sure you do, I hope they start uploading more vids. It's good to see high level from around the world.

On the Shen-Liz topic I'm taking it to the general discussion since I have a few things to say.

@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: June 03, 2011, 05:36:21 PM »
I'm sure you do, I hope they start uploading more vids. It's good to see high level from around the world.

Your wishes are orders sir xD  Such a bad quality

And one more KCE

PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: June 03, 2011, 06:11:02 PM »
Here's the rest of KCE vids this morning:

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:42:20 PM by Kane317 »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1368 on: June 04, 2011, 01:00:45 AM »

This video has my most-liked recent Kula. Know why? Because she was a great anchor to keep the guys AWESOME ATHENA in play! ;) Really, It was great to finally see another Athena use HD mode, effective run away/zoning, and solid use of her swift, high-priority normals. I think you could even see the Athena-inspired playstyle coming through in the player's Kula, as they tended to use normals and solid zoning tools more than the average Kula player. His Kyo wasn't a slouch either; I doubt we've ever seen a XIII player use the ;dn ;b , ;c link/trap/pressure so effectively. ALso really good at maintaining lockdown with Kyo's jumping ;c ;d .

Watching Athena VS Kim begin in such a cautions manner; They both acted as if the other was K' or Raiden! Like they knew one slip-up could spell the end. It was great to see the talents of lesser-seen characters respected like that. Really gave off the feeling that anyone in the game is a serious threat when used right.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: June 04, 2011, 04:21:04 PM »
Not sure if this vid is old. It's Stunfest XI KOF XIII finals. You can see that famous Frionel, fighting Salim.

PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
New VS Videos
« Reply #1370 on: June 05, 2011, 02:43:35 PM »

&

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1371 on: June 05, 2011, 06:01:16 PM »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: June 05, 2011, 11:35:18 PM »
I have a Question, I have seen many people use Leona now, she is awesome in XIII, but I have notice something. Why people don't use her 2nd DM? Is it really useless? You can't combo to it or it's the damage output that is not good? I would like to know, since I think that DM is really cool.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1373 on: June 06, 2011, 03:24:27 AM »
On contrary, it's pretty good. It's quick and Max Cancelable. It's just that V-Slasher is much better, coming from the air and allowing her to dive in ridiculously few frames, has high priority vs. air attacks, combos from vertical jump D (instant overhead) and f+B (ground combo overhead), and deals decent damage.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: June 06, 2011, 04:27:36 AM »
[spoiler]damn and i was rooting for kaoru. [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 06:01:55 AM by Kane317 »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1375 on: June 06, 2011, 06:31:46 AM »
[spoiler]damn and i was rooting for kaoru. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Haha, well I wasn't. I'm mildly disappointed that it was K'/Raiden who beat Kaoru but it's refreshing to see him lose. xD[/spoiler]

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: June 06, 2011, 01:08:28 PM »
[spoiler] Glad to see No. 17's team, Kyoto, take the victory!  Congrats![/spoiler]

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1377 on: June 06, 2011, 02:35:25 PM »
[spoiler]Kaoru might have won though if he followed his dropkick with the EX tackles and killed off the other Raiden. I wonder why he wasn't able to.[/spoiler]

Also, to be honest, I don't seem to mind Raiden's drop kicks anymore (well, not as much anyway). What I'm really worried about is his A. Whether it's crouching or standing, it seems to be really high priority and has a fairly big hitbox.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 02:41:48 PM by Aenthin »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 06, 2011, 04:53:50 PM »
[spoiler]Kaoru might have won though if he followed his dropkick with the EX tackles and killed off the other Raiden. I wonder why he wasn't able to.[/spoiler]

Also, to be honest, I don't seem to mind Raiden's drop kicks anymore (well, not as much anyway). What I'm really worried about is his A. Whether it's crouching or standing, it seems to be really high priority and has a fairly big hitbox.

indeed, he shou;d have went for the finish with those DK's.

and his A? nah man, nothinbg wrong with it.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 06, 2011, 06:51:52 PM »

Yeah Raiden's normals in general are a little undervalued at times IMO by people due to the dropkicks, guy has a great set of them.

Off-topic but that LB banner is nice