Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1037679 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1545 on: June 26, 2011, 05:58:49 AM »

don't mean to rain on your parade but a couple of those 100% combos used more than 5 gauges. namely andy and terry(mr kof is the only dude that i know of who knows a 100% terry combo to date). shen's wasn't too kosher either. but a great vid nonetheless.

yeah i noticed that too.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: June 26, 2011, 06:11:32 AM »
Anyone see this video from DDTC yet:
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #1547 on: June 26, 2011, 06:22:39 AM »
Five-orochinagi was posted a while ago. :3
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: June 26, 2011, 06:56:09 AM »
you know besides those few 6 and 7 bars combos on that cool soul vid, there was something that caught my eye and i really liked. they showed more links for character like terry and others like clark/ralph. with terry something like  ;dn ;b;a;c should be able to link. this is actually really nice to know and some really great stuff in the vid besides this. the only part thats a lil shady is the more than 5 super bar combos, but there where only 2 or 3 of them in the whole vid, so its ok.

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: June 26, 2011, 03:56:06 PM »
don't mean to rain on your parade but a couple of those 100% combos used more than 5 gauges. namely andy and terry(mr kof is the only dude that i know of who knows a 100% terry combo to date). shen's wasn't too kosher either. but a great vid nonetheless.

you know besides those few 6 and 7 bars combos on that cool soul vid, there was something that caught my eye and i really liked. they showed more links for character like terry and others like clark/ralph. with terry something like  ;dn ;b;a;c should be able to link. this is actually really nice to know and some really great stuff in the vid besides this. the only part thats a lil shady is the more than 5 super bar combos, but there where only 2 or 3 of them in the whole vid, so its ok.

Combo videos aren't always about practicality y'know.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: June 26, 2011, 05:46:31 PM »
i dont get your point? are you talking about those 6 and 7 bar combos? i was actually praising the combo maker for his use of links.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1551 on: June 26, 2011, 11:29:06 PM »
Lots of KoF vids show completly useless situations, lol. "Let me throw a projectile, and then run after you, towards the corner! YEAH! This'll happen every round!"

I did enjoy the practical stuff, however. Expecially seeing Ralf and Clark use their normal and EX moves to show K'-and-Kula-like juggles. I also love how teleports and quick movements recover fast enough to allow stronger mid-screen combos for a variety of characters.

And man, do I wish more people used Ryo's EX Zanretsuken!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: June 27, 2011, 04:23:41 AM »
i also find that a good move, but its not really fast or safe. great for combos though.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: June 27, 2011, 07:32:59 AM »
the reason they don't do it is because EX hcb +K does more damage and essentially has the exact same function of a free juggle, in HD combo's the EX Zanrestuken keeps the combo going extra long, In DC's there are better options than that move
" you fight well in the old style"

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: June 27, 2011, 03:57:50 PM »

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1555 on: June 27, 2011, 04:43:40 PM »
the reason they don't do it is because EX hcb +K does more damage and essentially has the exact same function of a free juggle, in HD combo's the EX Zanrestuken keeps the combo going extra long, In DC's there are better options than that move

Looking at the damage values on the Wiki, does EX Hien really do more damage? Does scaling kick in from all the hits or something? Damage on the Wiki makes it sound like a mini-DM.

While good reasons, it's always a shame to see moves (especially moves with as many animation variations) go totally unused by a majority of the players. In one breath, they complain about wanting moves back... and then in play, they don't use all the moves their characters have, lol.

Even the K' players vary between using a (Crow bites -> Blackout -> Crowbites), {Crow -> EX Minute Spikes/Narrow Spikes -> Crow), and (Full air Crow -> EX Air Minute Spikes -> Crow), or some variation that occassionally uses EX Crow Bites (which is basically XI's Heaven's Drive DM).

Ahh well, to quote Mr. KOF from the Robert Forum:

I'd rather try 20 + variations of combos including making use of all his move sets into one combo than going for the most damaging. If i didn't care about style i'd just perform super/drive cancels all day and forget about HD cancels...but you know what? " If I do not glow, it's not the time for you to go"! This is the way i play KOF!

* Is it sad that I rememberd this quote from November of last year? LoL.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: June 27, 2011, 07:38:10 PM »
DC combos including ones using EX or with just EX moves > HD combos imo.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: June 27, 2011, 10:12:36 PM »

By now, I think everyone knows that you prefer that =).

Back to the combo video, I did play around with the timing and I find out that you can in fact combo Clark's s.A/s.B into s.C/s.D outside the corner, so thanks to the video I'm aware of those links.  There were quite a bit of them, could have sworn I saw a d.A --> s.C for King (Duo Lon had a s.A --> s.C link) etc... 

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: June 27, 2011, 11:48:47 PM »

By now, I think everyone knows that you prefer that =).

Back to the combo video, I did play around with the timing and I find out that you can in fact combo Clark's s.A/s.B into s.C/s.D outside the corner, so thanks to the video I'm aware of those links.  There were quite a bit of them, could have sworn I saw a d.A --> s.C for King (Duo Lon had a s.A --> s.C link) etc... 

lol yeah, pretty much.

and thats the part i really liked about the vid. most of the people here thought the game only had 2 or maybe tops 3 characters with links. its awesome theres more. and i saw that king link as well, really nice. makes me wonder just how many characters are able to link like in older kofs? like kyo going from  ;dn ;b to  ;c and other links. ill try some links in the next few days, who knows what more is possible?

Mr. Grando

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: June 28, 2011, 06:14:33 AM »