Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1035895 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #2805 on: February 03, 2012, 07:17:08 PM »
Thanks for the clark tips clark is really annoying for Shen. So i'll hit the lab and try learning to handle that move. do you think Shen St. C would beat it since it has armor?

It was an accident I tend to get unnerved when fighting characters I don't normally fight, because I don't know what's safe and what isn't. So I think I was holding forward when I pushed hp and it became a throw. I should have left my stick in neutral and then attacked.

Yes it would beat it but its too risky since the move comes out very fast, its better to punish it after blocking since its unsafe on block. Make the dummy do the move over and over and block and then see how to consistently punish it.  

Yeah, happens a lot. You can try punishing by starting your combo with a cr.C or light attacks instead to avoid throwing.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:25:39 PM by Diavle »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: February 03, 2012, 08:38:03 PM »
Professor of MMCafe did some translation of that tips and tricks video SNKP put out.

- When you cancel into HD mode from a normal, you’ll automatically dash if it’s done as a buffer or during hitstop. But if you do it after the hitstop, a normal B or C attack will come out depending on which button you pressed early when doing B+C. If you pressed it perfectly together, a C will always come out. Same rule applies when doing it in the air.

- Your hurtbox/guardbox during a block is larger than your neutral pose. You can whiff the opponent’s attack at times by crouching without blocking, wheras if you block it’ll hit.

- If you finish off an HD combo by doing an HD cancel, there’s a penalty time where the drive meter doesn’t build up. If it naturally depletes at the end, the penalty time doesn’t apply.

- Alternate blocking is covered by the video (switch between standing and crouching while you’re in block, and you can extend the blocking time).

- The hurtbox during hitback motion is the same for all characters. Other damage motions (like in the air) are different by characters, so it doesn’t mean that there’s no character-dependent combos in the game.

- Some Neomax gain anywhere juggle property when Maxcanceled. This also means that you can whiff the super and kara Maxcancel it to give the Neomax an anywhere juggle property.

- The early frames in crumple motion is susceptible to throws.

A decent amount we know, but there's some things here that might be new to you.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

ApocryphicV

• New Challenger
  • A-Visions
    • View Profile
    • Apocryphic Visions
« Reply #2807 on: February 03, 2012, 09:01:03 PM »
I love how comprehensive SNK is. I for one was very surprised to see how you can throw during the early frames of a crumple stun and that Kula combo at the end was :-0

Fade702

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel.
« Reply #2808 on: February 04, 2012, 09:04:40 PM »
hey guys. first time posting here. just want to share what the vegas KoF Scene has been working on. here are some of the casuals matches that i have recorded over the course of a few weeks:

here is my main channel which is updated every week with new casuals.http://www.youtube.com/user/sneakz

thanks.

Semi-retired Tekken Player, Part-time KoFer

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: February 07, 2012, 05:38:59 AM »
^nice, will have to check these out.

Heh, saw this posted on gaf, real life terry and real life power wave rofl:

Fade702

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel.
« Reply #2810 on: February 07, 2012, 06:15:40 AM »
^nice, will have to check these out.

thanks!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:23:21 AM by Fade702 »
Semi-retired Tekken Player, Part-time KoFer

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #2811 on: February 11, 2012, 05:39:58 AM »
KOFXIII CLimax Loke Test in Akihabara:

http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #2812 on: February 12, 2012, 08:56:57 AM »
That is a nice showing of Ash, especially at the end.

General Skirmish

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: February 14, 2012, 06:38:32 AM »
Playlist of top 4 of KOFXIII Ultimate clash 12 xtreme KOFXIII tournament Featuring some well known names in the uk fighting scene and had a appearence by LDA the answer

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDCCE84E682B510CB&feature=view_all

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: February 14, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »
Playlist of top 4 of KOFXIII Ultimate clash 12 xtreme KOFXIII tournament Featuring some well known names in the uk fighting scene and had a appearence by LDA the answer

Its weird seeing Ryan Hart getting owned, I remember watching him play 98 and he was owning everybody.. I guess he need to play the game more..
great final by LDA.. ^^

No Limitz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: February 14, 2012, 06:38:10 PM »
Are there any decent and consistent youtube channels that upload KoFXIII vids?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: February 14, 2012, 06:50:46 PM »
Are there any decent and consistent youtube channels that upload KoFXIII vids?

Allow me to redirect you to this thread:

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1995.0

(The first channel I mentioned doesn't have that much KOF XIII, but if you're a fan of all things SNK, you'll love that channel)

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: February 14, 2012, 08:05:11 PM »

Its weird seeing Ryan Hart getting owned, I remember watching him play 98 and he was owning everybody.. I guess he need to play the game more..
great final by LDA.. ^^

Yeah i think he hasn't had enough experience with 13. There was some hectic moments in those matches. I luv the answer's EX Kyo combo , brilliant. He abuses those j, d+C like nobodies business. It's a shame there wasnt more footage of his Yuri though. She looks like BEAST, i thoguht she was only good in the corner but after that combo its clear she owns the whole screen. I also noticed that she doesnt really have problems getting in , her mixup game is superb. He did stB, dp+D, df+B, got him in on that Beni NP. I need more of this.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: February 14, 2012, 08:30:07 PM »
Oh yeah, Yuri can do whatever the hell she wants from anywhere as long as she has the drive for it.  Being midscreen though just reminds you her normals aren't terribly good.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

General Skirmish

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: February 15, 2012, 06:05:48 AM »

great final by LDA.. ^^

lol yea i know what you mean, in the uk at least in London KoF was actually bigger than SF in the late 90's. But ryan being sponsored and all. Yea kof13 ish't quite on top of his priority.