Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027631 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #345 on: October 01, 2010, 11:57:38 PM »
^Kudos.

There has been a few Mature players that have shown us her potential, besides the infinite. We're seen the DP move used to cross up, and decent use of Ebony Tears shenanigans.

I can see how you can feel that a "meter-build, Infinite using" Mature is not "legitimate" Diavle, but many of them have brought glimpses of her "real" gameplay to the table, as well. Any use of the infinite does kinda poison the feel of any team she's in though, since the huge amount of HD/DM meter building not only affects her, but also gives her team-mates a good advantage, if she doesn't burn them all herself.

I admit, I kinda view players who use "cheats and exploits" like people view the "Heels" in wrestling. No matter what they bring to the table... you're prone to dislike them & their style, because they use dirty tricks. If you really want to see their quality, however, you have to look past that.

But that's not easy for everyone to do!

Oh, and I don't see Chin being a real Anti-K. K' can DP his overhead, Trigger stops his attack roll, K' has much longer limbs, and overall... I think it's more dependent on the players. A Chin will really have to get into the K' players head.

Not like I haven't seen that dive move used before, I was making a general statement about her. It was refreshing to watch her duke it out fair and square without the other player having to constantly worry about avoiding being hit by the infinite.

As for Chin, in the vids I saw he nailed him during his trigger, which meant a combo and we all know what Chin can do with that. Again watch the vids and see the tools he has and what he can do. And notice how I said "for now", not like this stuff is written in stone. Its just the impression I got. Not sure whats so surprising, Chin is really good in this one.

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 02, 2010, 01:18:43 AM »
I just want to know what happened to Terry.  Dude looked like he had potential.  I know there are some good Terry's that don't make it to video though.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 02, 2010, 01:34:45 AM »
I just want to know what happened to Terry.  Dude looked like he had potential.  I know there are some good Terry's that don't make it to video though.

he still looks pretty solid, i think. it's just that he's a pretty straightforward character and i don't think he has any tricks or something gimmicky going for him. that's just my opinion on really limited knowledge though.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:05:47 AM by fiol »

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

krazykone123

« Reply #349 on: October 02, 2010, 10:26:30 AM »
was some kind of tourney or just casuals? ^^

Casuals I'm sure, they might have just got the cab in that area

new kce videos

Sisters crew vs the KCE crew again

the special ruleset for these set of videos is that K', Mature, and Raiden are banned

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #350 on: October 02, 2010, 11:21:27 AM »
Good on the KCE/Sisters crew for showing some variety. I always find it slightly funny how Goro and Takuma's bugs don't seem to both anymore much... people seem less bothered by those bugs, than K' general existence!

I'm really enjoying all the random Leona play. Really lookin' forward to playing her in XIII...

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 02, 2010, 11:22:12 AM »

new kce videos

Sisters crew vs the KCE crew again

the special ruleset for these set of videos is that K', Mature, and Raiden are banned

as a matter of fact the game w/out K' is quite balanced.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #352 on: October 02, 2010, 01:39:47 PM »
It was really pleasant to see some matches without K' and Raiden. I think there's no need to ban Maure since Joe has an infinite too, and Goro and Takuma has the EX bug.. Anyway, it was very balanced and it's nice to see that when someone plays good his character it could be deadly, like Andy's player. That Andy was scary! Good to see some Ryo and King gameplay. Too bad there's no love for Terry, and I missed some Mai presence :P

P.D: palette colors are awesome in this game. Beatiful all of them.

Could have been the quality of the vid but Mai seems really fast, like the fastest character in the game with her movement.
Yeah, I think it's her point, the speed. Just like DuoLon, I guess it's why Mai and DuoLon are the less damaging characters. A team with Mai, DuoLon and Andy could be really interesting. Probably it will be my alternative team :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 02:16:56 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 02, 2010, 01:45:30 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSRLjD2ZZkM

oh really nice kim 's bc combos!!! and what an awesome duolon player!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

krazykone123

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 03, 2010, 08:34:06 PM »
wow joe dizzied yuri twice with his infinite.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 04, 2010, 11:49:12 AM »
KOF XIII - Arcade Infinity (1.) September 30th '10 Casuals

More uploading but I'm going to bed now so the links will be up later (if it's not posted by the time I wake up).

EDIT: Ok it's been posted.  There should be 9 total for tonight, try to rush as many varied matches as I could tonight.

EDIT2:
Here's the playlist for the aforementioned vids:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3E397478AEA0853F

Impressive King's combo on match 8!

It's a shame our resident King user wasn't there that night (Romance), he's gotten much better (most improved in the Cali-Mexican group if you ask me) and I really wanted to highlight him playing.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 06:21:58 PM by Kane317 »