Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1039183 times)

GoldenGlove

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1215 on: May 01, 2011, 10:32:40 PM »
I don't know, I think every character can compete, it's just that the K'/Raiden/Maxima player was clearly the superior player in those vids. I mean, no one else really touched him even when they were playing K' and Raiden as well. And I saw his opponents landing a lot of hits that could have led into HD combos and a dead Raiden, but those weren't capitalized on.

Also, there's an absolutely monstrous Takuma around the six minute mark of the second vid.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 01, 2011, 11:01:13 PM »
Holy cow,  the K'/Raiden/Maxima player was just too good, his K' taking out entire teams by himself alone, his gameplay was nothing flashy but it was very efective.

As a K' user since forever, sometimes i don't care to see too much K', since i can learn something new from watching those matches and top players.

I guess if Mai was the top-tier character and everybody were choosing her, you wouldn't complain, probably you would be watching and enjoying the vids trying to learn something from them, the same with ->insert favourite character of any random player<-.

I don't want to open again the old debate of tiers, but that is how i think about the (over)usage of the called top-tiers characters, which for some reason ended being my favourites characters since a long time ago.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 02, 2011, 12:17:16 AM »
That K'/Raiden/Maxima player was pretty good; as much as I see K' and Raiden, that was impressive (and the Takuma around the 6 minute mark). Regarding the tier list, I can't wait to get the console versions to start taking down K' and Raiden's, mostly for the sake of showing how the whole cast can kick ass.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 02, 2011, 02:30:41 AM »
^^ I am totally with you m8
Takuma can make a 100% combo starting with full HD and 1 power gauge only and people put him in the lower tiers team.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1219 on: May 02, 2011, 03:04:15 AM »
These fighters made me wonder...arent these guys Kaoru.U? I mean, they seem like using almost the same characters... Maybe just a coincidence though.

I actually like the Elisabeth near the end of the first video. He actually uses her command throw.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:16:24 AM by Aenthin »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 02, 2011, 04:12:30 AM »
Takuma can make a 100% combo starting with full HD and 1 power gauge only and people put him in the lower tiers team.

His defense....

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 02, 2011, 05:03:30 AM »
In what way?

Well, I know is an old debate, but watching these vids I was thinking how will be to play online of console version... And probably will be like that. I mean a bunch of overpowered K's and Raidens, without any chance to be competitive if you play with non high tiers chars. I think they need to be seriously nerfed, or many kof players or potencial kof players will leave this game because they won't enjoy versus online. Maybe I'm being to much drastical, maybe when I try the game I 'll see K' and Raiden are not that terrible monsters, but now I really feel a little worried about this (and upset because I was expecting to see some good matches and I get terribly bored... only enjoyed Kim, Ash and Maxima play).

A better player not using K' and Raiden will still win more than a person who uses both with lesser skill. They are top tier, but not game breaking.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 02, 2011, 05:08:22 AM »

His defense....

I just saying this on Friday to the SoCal guys, I dunno if it's full HD + 2 stocks or only + 1 stock...I think that should factor him into a higher spot alone.  Granted, 1 combo shouldn't move someone to the top but at the same time look what happened to Mature and Joe in v1.0.  Of course it's harder to do than say a Mature combo, but a practical 100% is still something to give consideration to.  

I think as it stands, outside of Takuma, the strongest 100% combo is Chin's technically speaking, although it's so circumstantial that it's almost negligible (Must drink, and the positioning is very critical to the point if you add an extra s.C or you jump in from the wrong direction; it'll push them out of the spot since the combo requires wiring) You also have to start with Chin's jump in which, as anyone knows, is like doing one of those chase-projectile-combos...ok maybe not that bad lol); Chin's is 3 stocks, HD, 1 drink.  After that, it might be Shen's 4 stock HD corner 100%.

If indeed it only takes 1 stock and 1 HD bar for Takuma to do the 100% then that's pretty disgusting.

A better player not using K' and Raiden will still win more than a person who uses both with lesser skill. They are top tier, but not game breaking.

Well I think it depends on the spread of skill.  A beginner user trying to dropkick experienced player or spamming K''s Eins Trigger (qcf+P) isn't going to get very far against veterans.  When the skill level of the K' and Raiden user gets pretty high, he'll still take out a higher skill player that aren't using K' and Raiden, if you ask me.  

Let's say you have an experienced player like Romance use Raiden and K', and he practices them like he does with King; I'm willing to wager that he'll take out Mr. Kof ft10 if Mr. Kof doesn't use them himself.  We don't even have to look at a theorectical situation, the last AI tourney we had when Reynald started using Raiden, Mr. Kof had to use Raiden himself to stay competitive.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:19:15 AM by Kane317 »

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 02, 2011, 05:51:15 AM »
Holy cow,  the K'/Raiden/Maxima player was just too good, his K' taking out entire teams by himself alone, his gameplay was nothing flashy but it was very efective.

As a K' user since forever, sometimes i don't care to see too much K', since i can learn something new from watching those matches and top players.

I guess if Mai was the top-tier character and everybody were choosing her, you wouldn't complain, probably you would be watching and enjoying the vids trying to learn something from them, the same with ->insert favourite character of any random player<-.

I don't want to open again the old debate of tiers, but that is how i think about the (over)usage of the called top-tiers characters, which for some reason ended being my favourites characters since a long time ago.

Ha ha, I can´t stand to see any of these characters in videos anymore: K', Elizabeth, Kula & Raiden.
I am too a K' user, but I just can´t stand to see him anymore, fight after fight after fight.
That´s why when I see those matches that go something like "K', Raiden, Elizabeth Vs Kula, K', Raiden" I just skip to other matches.
I loved the Takuma, Kim and Ryo matches in those vids.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 02, 2011, 06:26:15 AM »

Well I think it depends on the spread of skill.  A beginner user trying to dropkick experienced player or spamming K''s Eins Trigger (qcf+P) isn't going to get very far against veterans.  When the skill level of the K' and Raiden user gets pretty high, he'll still take out a higher skill player that aren't using K' and Raiden, if you ask me.  

Let's say you have an experienced player like Romance use Raiden and K', and he practices them like he does with King; I'm willing to wager that he'll take out Mr. Kof ft10 if Mr. Kof doesn't use them himself.  We don't even have to look at a theorectical situation, the last AI tourney we had when Reynald started using Raiden, Mr. Kof had to use Raiden himself to stay competitive.

Yeah, like I said it's not game breaking. It does give you an advantage but not as huge as some people make it out to be. And I said a person with better skill, they are close to even in skill.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1225 on: May 02, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »
Or, the EX DM is an anywhere juggle, the regular DM isn't.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 02, 2011, 09:52:58 AM »
I believe the previous few posts should be in general or home port wishlist.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 02, 2011, 12:10:29 PM »

His defense....

I just saying this on Friday to the SoCal guys, I dunno if it's full HD + 2 stocks or only + 1 stock...I think that should factor him into a higher spot alone.  Granted, 1 combo shouldn't move someone to the top but at the same time look what happened to Mature and Joe in v1.0.  Of course it's harder to do than say a Mature combo, but a practical 100% is still something to give consideration to.  

I think as it stands, outside of Takuma, the strongest 100% combo is Chin's technically speaking, although it's so circumstantial that it's almost negligible (Must drink, and the positioning is very critical to the point if you add an extra s.C or you jump in from the wrong direction; it'll push them out of the spot since the combo requires wiring) You also have to start with Chin's jump in which, as anyone knows, is like doing one of those chase-projectile-combos...ok maybe not that bad lol); Chin's is 3 stocks, HD, 1 drink.  After that, it might be Shen's 4 stock HD corner 100%.

If indeed it only takes 1 stock and 1 HD bar for Takuma to do the 100% then that's pretty disgusting.

The last A.i. tournament was different. Now that I've got Shen added to my list and other factors as Ash being in my new lineup. I'm not going to lose to raiden like i did last time. I've leveled up since then. I vow i will not resort to raiden to win any matches from now on.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1228 on: May 02, 2011, 04:54:12 PM »
2011 04-24 KOF XIII Carnival Games Video-parts 2 & 3

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 02, 2011, 05:35:48 PM »
You can count on Carnival to come out with some of the best XIII videos. There's still lots of K' and Raiden, but there's always some variety. It's funny, but I bet that the 80 minutes of a-cho videos last page had almost the same number of characters used as in these 20 minutes from Carnival.

Great Joe in part 3. Decent Leona in part 2.