Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1044798 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1260 on: May 10, 2011, 11:34:23 PM »
That Robert Combo is exactly why I'm so hype to play this game ^_^ XIII's HD, Drive Cancel, Command normal, and limited Link systems seems to be the best mix of "Combo the way YOU want to" in a game ever. Like FADC, taken to the next level of evolution.

I totally agree. It's combo like that Robert combo that makes this game so unique, and in my opinion better than 2k2(UM).  So much room for creativity yet at the same time not too wild where there's seemingly no limitations (MvC3).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:42:41 PM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 10, 2011, 11:44:50 PM »
I totally agree. It's combo like that Robert combo that makes this game so unique, and in my opinion better than 2k2(UM).  So much room for creativity yet at the same time not too wild where there's seemingly no limitations (MvC3).

I've couldn't have said it better, and that's what makes this game so exciting.

I personally think that we are not at the level of the Japanese when it comes to understanding the game. That Robert combo and the K' combo I saw here a few weeks ago really opens my eyes and motivates me to expand my creativity. I've personally don't care too much about HD combos as I don't find them quite practical in a real high level match so I've been exploring the other   strategy's with my characters and come up with 2 new tricks with Elizabeth one which even Kunio (No17) had no idea was possible and was very surprised and a new one that I'm saving for a later time  ;)
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 11, 2011, 01:25:37 AM »
I totally agree. It's combo like that Robert combo that makes this game so unique, and in my opinion better than 2k2(UM).  So much room for creativity yet at the same time not too wild where there's seemingly no limitations (MvC3).

I've couldn't have said it better, and that's what makes this game so exciting.

I personally think that we are not at the level of the Japanese when it comes to understanding the game. That Robert combo and the K' combo I saw here a few weeks ago really opens my eyes and motivates me to expand my creativity. I've personally don't care too much about HD combos as I don't find them quite practical in a real high level match so I've been exploring the other   strategy's with my characters and come up with 2 new tricks with Elizabeth one which even Kunio (No17) had no idea was possible and was very surprised and a new one that I'm saving for a later time  ;)

Well I dunno if I agree with HD combos not being possible in high level game play because we've seen most of them in the Japanese high level vids, but otherwise I agree with you.

Post Tourney Shinjuku Carnival Casuals parts 1-3.
Post Tourney Shinjuku Carnival Casuals parts 4-5.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 11, 2011, 02:48:33 AM »
This video's actually kinda old but I don't think I ever saw it on youtube so I uploaded it to my channel for those who don't use Nico: http://youtu.be/NOygordDqw0

For the sake of accessibility!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1264 on: May 11, 2011, 02:51:52 AM »
Post Tourney Shinjuku Carnival Casuals parts 1-3.
Post Tourney Shinjuku Carnival Casuals parts 4-5.

Did you mean to link 98UMFE matches?

And on Combos and MvC3 VS XIII... yeah. As I played MvC, I get the feeling that XIII really is the better-for-higher level gameplay version of MvC's "it's part of the combo!" openings. They achieve the same thing (more dynamic combos), but XIII's looks (and I'd assume FEELS) like they take more skill.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 11, 2011, 04:00:16 AM »
Did you mean to link 98UMFE matches?

And on Combos and MvC3 VS XIII... yeah. As I played MvC, I get the feeling that XIII really is the better-for-higher level gameplay version of MvC's "it's part of the combo!" openings. They achieve the same thing (more dynamic combos), but XIII's looks (and I'd assume FEELS) like they take more skill.

Oops, they were two consecutive posts from the Professor, one was the XIII tourney and one was the 98FE tourney.  Then he just wrote post tourney vids and I just assumed (I know, I know).  Haha.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 04:38:48 AM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 13, 2011, 02:59:52 AM »
This video's actually kinda old but I don't think I ever saw it on youtube so I uploaded it to my channel for those who don't use Nico: http://youtu.be/NOygordDqw0

For the sake of accessibility!

not big on hd combos, but really nice.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 14, 2011, 12:37:59 AM »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 14, 2011, 08:54:08 AM »
Getting kinda boring. Wanna see some variety. I don't even like K' that much. SNKP should drop K', Kula and Maxima from the series. What purpose they even serve on storyline now?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 14, 2011, 04:26:22 PM »
nothing, but maxima is actually pretty damn cool. and k and kula aresomewhat new mains.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 14, 2011, 10:40:17 PM »
Could be wrong but pretty sure they are very popular characters, K' and Kula at least. Would be stupid to dump them after spending years establishing them.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 14, 2011, 10:54:28 PM »
Getting kinda boring. Wanna see some variety. I don't even like K' that much. SNKP should drop K', Kula and Maxima from the series. What purpose they even serve on storyline now?

You can ask that same question to about 90% of cast.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1273 on: May 15, 2011, 09:25:12 AM »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 15, 2011, 06:39:15 PM »
Awesome matches. Kyokugen rules.