Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1045117 times)

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1305 on: May 23, 2011, 09:22:47 PM »
So, K' Chain Drive is not a good midscreen anti-air and it's not a guaranteed hit on air (like past games).

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 23, 2011, 11:27:34 PM »
nice showing of shen and iori being as good as each other.

quick q: characters above shen & iori in tiers?

k, raiden, maxima, lizzy, kyo

anymore?

I personally would add Andy and Kula to the list and remove Maxima, but that's just me (we're talking about characters above Iori and Shen right?)

Is it just me, or are all these KOF XIII players deathly afraid to use their NeoMAXes? And whenever they do use them, it's usually within a Max Cancel. Why can't they use them more?

I'd love to see the following scenarios:

1) You are Chin, and you jump towards your opponent. Your opponent jumps towards you as well. That's when you punish them with your NeoMAX (I heard it can be done in the air).

2) You are Maxima. Your opponent is an opponent that has a projectile. And that's exactly what he does. So you take this opportunity to fire your lazor at him.

Thoughts?

It's all about meter management.   The reason why players use it in MaxCancels because you get "free" drivecancels before unleashing the final NM.  If you just NM'd by itself, you wouldn't get all the extra damage.  I think there are a couple exceptions like Ash and DL which have great NM's outside of combos (they're command throws), Liz and Goro's are counter NMs, and a few like Takauma and Iori's are decent anti-airs.

Chin has way better options to use his meter and to do a much more damage than to blow it on a NM.  He's NM, is the weakest in the game (next lowest is Duo Lon's--lucky me), it does 336 in the air (14x24hits) and 378 (14x27hits) on the ground.  To put this in perspective, most Ex DM (1 less stock, and 2 less drives) does 320 dmg.  

The only 2 saving graces: 1) in the corner you can follow up with a df.B combo after the NM and 2) you can drink to compensate for the damage ranging from 369 to 504 (depending on how many 1-5 drinks) and 415 to 567 air and ground respectively.  As a Chin user, I know it's rare to sneak more than 2-3 drinks and don't forget you also take up to 33% more damage if you drink 5 times--IMHO simply not worth it.

Maxima's NeoMax is more practical, it's not as fast as you want but you can punish someone if you do it very quickly. 

So, K' Chain Drive is not a good midscreen anti-air and it's not a guaranteed hit on air (like past games).

It's not nearly as good as it was before an anti-air.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 12:13:10 AM by Kane317 »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: May 24, 2011, 01:35:24 AM »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: May 24, 2011, 03:43:47 AM »
nice showing of shen and iori being as good as each other.

quick q: characters above shen & iori in tiers?

k, raiden, maxima, lizzy, kyo

anymore?

wow did i type that?

and yeah i did mean kula instead of maxima (how did i write him there? goro did a hell of a jpb showing off). andy is at best as good as shen and iori, maybe not even quite. at least from what ive seen from vids. the others are higher tiered imo.

if only kyo, shen and iori where strongest tier wise, this game would have been the best balanced fighter ever. also a not soo crappy mai and more interresting terry wouldnt have killed them either.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: May 24, 2011, 05:54:14 AM »
if only kyo, shen and iori where strongest tier wise, this game would have been the best balanced fighter ever. also a not soo crappy mai and more interresting terry wouldnt have killed them either.

That, or nerf the tops , (everybody knows who they are).

I started using Benimaru in KOF 2002, and he is a bit more interesting than i alwats thought. But, in XIII i haven't seen any Benimaru in a long, long time. Hell, even the bottom-tier characters get more love than him, i wonder what the deal about it is.

EDIT: I saw some stuff at Benimaru thread, thanks to the people posting there.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:57:55 AM by Delta »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 24, 2011, 06:24:44 AM »
^ There was a recent video that had a good Benimaru, I think its like 2 or 3 pages ago.

All KOFXIII cast are good, with the exception of some (Vice and Mai, they need more moves). They just need to nerf a bit the top and they can get the game to be balance!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: May 24, 2011, 07:00:37 AM »

source   http://bbs.kofunion.net/read.php?tid=169337&page=e&#a

What the fuck is going one there?!?!?!?!? LOL!

I can't help but notice that they use the exact same cab we use at Alex's Arcade lol
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1312 on: May 24, 2011, 11:59:44 AM »
^ There was a recent video that had a good Benimaru, I think its like 2 or 3 pages ago.

All KOFXIII cast are good, with the exception of some (Vice and Mai, they need more moves). They just need to nerf a bit the top and they can get the game to be balance!

What are you saying? Vice is still good despite the lack of moves. Could be better but once she starts her combos, hoo boy. And oh gawd, that NeoMax.

Mai is arguably good as well. I'm still getting the hang of her and I haven't really gotten a win with her for a while now but she feels really good overall, having high priority over a number of her normals. I think she depends more on mobility and pokes than really long combos and a numerous set of moves.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: May 24, 2011, 05:47:16 PM »
if i where to improve 2 chars, it would be terry and mai. nerf k, raiden, kula & lizzy and its all good.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1314 on: May 25, 2011, 12:08:07 PM »
After watching all 4... the play is a bit meh, but it's kinda funny to watch K' and Kula really looking as plain as other characters, watching Ryo abuse a team with his lightning fast ;c s, and seeing Andy's far ;c actually being put to real use... Oh, and some Beni play!

2011-05-21 KOF XIII 店舗大会 Part3
2011-05-21 KOF XIII 店舗大会 Part4

These fights make me think of what online play would look like in the future, haha.

EDIT: Looking at Madman's Cafe, looks like we have 4 other vids from that tourney coming off Nico2, too. That was just the first bracket.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:24:11 PM by SAB-CA »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: May 25, 2011, 06:02:21 PM »
Despite player 1 in round 1-3 not quite knowing what to do with his characters, still nice to see Ryo team-sweeping again, and even getting an HD-to-EX Super finisher.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: May 25, 2011, 07:55:19 PM »
Last four are up:

2011-05-21 KOF XIII 店舗大会 Part5
2011-05-21 KOF XIII 店舗大会 Part6
2011-05-21 KOF XIII 店舗大会 Part7
2011-05-21 KOF XIII 店舗大会 Part8 LAST

Nice to see a bit more variety! The last few fights have some good moments. I hope players like these keep playing and improving.

One more! Haven't watched all of it yet, but it looks good:

KOF XIII(Ver1.1) 対戦動画Ⅶ
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:14:14 PM by Rex Dart »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: May 25, 2011, 09:18:28 PM »
After watching all 4... the play is a bit meh, but it's kinda funny to watch K' and Kula really looking as plain as other characters, watching Ryo abuse a team with his lightning fast ;c s, and seeing Andy's far ;c actually being put to real use... Oh, and some Beni play!

Explained by the Professor himself:

A few matches from Kagawa prefecture, which is like... near the western end of Japan, hicksville. So don't expect high-level gameplay in these videos.

---
EDIT: I do like the variety of characters, saw a Kensou and King off the top of my head =).  Sometimes it's comforting to know that Japanese players aren't just born with a joystick in their mouth.  

EDIT2: Who knew Kyo's Ex hcb+K, a command grab, had so much range.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:17:13 AM by Kane317 »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1318 on: May 25, 2011, 10:34:20 PM »
Explained by the Professor himself:

A few matches from Kagawa prefecture, which is like... near the western end of Japan, hicksville. So don't expect high-level gameplay in these videos.

"Dis is hao wei play KoF in Da KUNTRY!" [ /bad dub of japanese country dialects]

One more! Haven't watched all of it yet, but it looks good:

KOF XIII(Ver1.1) 対戦動画Ⅶ

Thanks for catching the last 4. And yeah, this final vid ya posted... had a fun to watch Leona! And a decent Yuri.

Leona has some strong pressure (Does she get frame advantage after Slash Saber DM in corner?!), and attempted some unusual blockstrings and tricks (EX Baltic Launcher for Lockdown? That's different...). Looked like a Nice W.I.P.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:50:38 PM by Kane317 »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1319 on: May 26, 2011, 02:28:15 AM »
EDIT2: Who knew Kyo's Ex hcb+K, a command grab, had so much range.

Command grab? I always thought it was a short-ranged overhead.