Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027523 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #405 on: October 11, 2010, 03:51:30 AM »
New Vid: 23 minutes on Version 1.1: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12386619
Non-Nico useres use this link to view: http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html

Ikuze, Leona! She's played O-so-well, here...

------

Wish I could see the damage in their Chin one-upsmanship challenge, heh heh. KCE VS Kane317 -Chin'strokin addition? And was that a single drink, or a full 5? Some of those hits looked really strong within the combo...

I enjoyed the "K' rules the world... only to get stomped" theme as well, Diavle. Kensou looks so very good when played right. And I'm plesantly happy with how varied Kim play is. I mean, of course they share basics (Hienzan everything!), but the tactics they use to pressure and get in vary wildly. (I expect so much more Yopuchagi use!) I also personally enjoyed the Ryo in those vids. He did a fantastic job using that command Parry (Jodanuke) to run interruptions on basically everyone he fought. Very unique to him alone.

Leona seems to have become a mini-favorite for others, she's always been a fav of mine, so I'm rather enjoying this.

Kim's Neomax wasn't a fav of mine in the start, just because it's so... simple in a way. But yeah, when it works, it shines. And it fits Mr. Phoenix Kick so well... It's very good watching the players actually use those Neomax's when the time is right.

And I have to shed a tear for the starting instances of "Vice phail". Neomax's going off too slow, DM's missed, combos dropped and punished at the wrong times... I enjoyed seeing Close D, f+a, regular decide -> Gorefest though.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 11, 2010, 01:47:34 PM »
Wow.  That was a good Leona player, I'm inspired to use her well for the tourney.

Easier link: http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12386619

Around 2:39 you see her tearing it up with an HD combo.  EDIT: Again at the 10:00 ish marker with another variation of her HD (no wonder her Yuri didn't use any cancels)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 01:59:01 PM by Kane317 »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 11, 2010, 05:13:09 PM »
Those matches were so good.

K' was used by all the players but didn't dominate even once, its just a few matches so it isn't much of indication but losing that jD glitch seems to have effected him quite a  bit, no more locking people down with it. Thinking back a lot of his matches had that, just ppl doing jD over and over and the other player not being able to do much. Again, its just a few matches and it could be the players but he definitely seems to have lost that something from before.

If anything, judging by those matches, I would worry about Leona and Iori more. Leona looks and sounds like a friggin butcher during those HD combos. The guy had the down really well too, starting em off lows. Like in at the 10 min mark he was just waiting for the guy to fudge up and BAM, minced meat. Just really on point overall.

The recovery after Iori's forward moving slash is damn good. Combine that with the high priority on his close sC and ahoy block/frame traps.

Yuri looks to be the most used amongst the Kyowhatevers thus far.

Kim's Neomax wasn't a fav of mine in the start, just because it's so... simple in a way. But yeah, when it works, it shines. And it fits Mr. Phoenix Kick so well... It's very good watching the players actually use those Neomax's when the time is right.

It was the same with me and Iori's NM, at first I was like meh but now I think its pretty brutal and fits his character well (thanks in part to the voice work).

And yeah, they are catching on to NMs. I think its the first time that I saw anyone use K's NM outside of a combo (in the vid above), surprising since it makes for one hell of a counter/anti-air. But then again not so surprising since ppl burn a lot of meter with.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 05:15:18 PM by Diavle »

bubblanAB7

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 11, 2010, 09:14:30 PM »
Watching these latest videos makes me sad. I want KoF XIII so bad and the videos keep getting better so I'm only getting sadder =(

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 11, 2010, 09:50:02 PM »
K' was used by all the players but didn't dominate even once, its just a few matches so it isn't much of indication but losing that jD glitch seems to have effected him quite a  bit, no more locking people down with it.

Only except...

-No character balance changes, meaning Raiden still has his drop kicks and the GCDK is present, K' still has his same Jump D, etcetc.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 11, 2010, 10:22:36 PM »
Only except...

-No character balance changes, meaning Raiden still has his drop kicks and the GCDK is present, K' still has his same Jump D, etcetc.

What the... I could have sworn I read they fixed it.

My bad I guess, but you gotta admit, there was a severe lack of jDs in those vids.

So either they have sucky K's or they got him figured out, I'd prefer the latter.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:26:00 PM by Diavle »

Kusanagi-Style

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 12, 2010, 02:41:35 PM »
KOF XIII: Iori/King/Yuri

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 12, 2010, 08:24:39 PM »
Watching these latest videos makes me sad. I want KoF XIII so bad and the videos keep getting better so I'm only getting sadder =(
'_'; Amen, brother

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 13, 2010, 12:57:37 AM »
When you guys do have the new patch, check to see if doing HD combos diminish the bar quickly because iI notice it goes down quickly when performing a move

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 13, 2010, 01:05:02 AM »
When you guys do have the new patch, check to see if doing HD combos diminish the bar quickly because iI notice it goes down quickly when performing a move

i'm pretty sure it was always like that, even in original balance. in HD mode, whenever you perform an HD cancel, it slightly reduces the gauge, moreso than it normally actively drains.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 13, 2010, 01:40:41 AM »

i'm pretty sure it was always like that, even in original balance. in HD mode, whenever you perform an HD cancel, it slightly reduces the gauge, moreso than it normally actively drains.

To add to that, I believe the mook states that when you do a HDC, it drains 10% of your bar (on top of it depleting normally of course).

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 01:44:50 AM by Kane317 »

Gorehound

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 13, 2010, 03:28:39 AM »
Wow.  That was a good Leona player, I'm inspired to use her well for the tourney.

Easier link: http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12386619

Around 2:39 you see her tearing it up with an HD combo.  EDIT: Again at the 10:00 ish marker with another variation of her HD (no wonder her Yuri didn't use any cancels)

When you are in HD mode, can charge specials no longer be charged since he was doing does attacks with ease and really fast?

Plus, I didn't knew you could connect a Moon Slasher after a crouching B and it looked like he did a Moon Slasher and went into HD mode at the same time?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:31:33 AM by Gorehound »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 13, 2010, 04:44:41 AM »
Wow.  That was a good Leona player, I'm inspired to use her well for the tourney.

Around 2:39 you see her tearing it up with an HD combo.  EDIT: Again at the 10:00 ish marker with another variation of her HD (no wonder her Yuri didn't use any cancels)

When you are in HD mode, can charge specials no longer be charged since he was doing does attacks with ease and really fast?

Plus, I didn't knew you could connect a Moon Slasher after a crouching B and it looked like he did a Moon Slasher and went into HD mode at the same time?

Charge times are the same.  As for the d.B into MoonSlasher, it's the sheer speed of the MoonSlasher that allows it to connect.  You can do d.B x2, d.A (whiff), cancel into MoonSlasher and it'll connect for 3 hits according to the BBS.

As for what the Leona in the vids, I suspect he cancel the d.B into HD activation in order to make it connect (d.B x2, c.d~u+BC or ABC)--remember you can activate on any normal, even uncancellable ones.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 15, 2010, 03:37:33 AM »
That 1.1 video was pretty cool, canĀ“t wait to see more.
Hope more videos are uploaded this weekend.
I would like like to see new videos with Ralk, Clark, Terry & Ryo. Just like there was a lot of Leona and Iori on this one, I would love to see more stuff about those characters.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 09:06:34 AM by fiol »

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo