Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1028063 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #465 on: October 28, 2010, 12:28:01 AM »
yeah let you quote stand the way it is for better understanding. sometimes i type with a phone or with the ps3, its a pain in the ass to write long posts with that shit. so when you do see sentences longer than 5 im pretty much on kb and dont mind typing moves long or detailed. usually i dont post shit that short, but when its morning already and im sleepy and on a ps3 pad,. it get tiring.

havent seen most of th new vids yet, but terry getting stomped was allg good (from the batch with the king vid). dude was fucking horrible, does he even know how to play terry? in fact, the only REALLY GOOD terry ive seen, is the dev from snkp. (the ones where he beat the first dev, than got ocv's by dev using kyo, then ocv'd by dev using terry, hes da fucking man.).

on those developer vids, i showed them to some friends who are mainly interrested in sf (not mk, not anything else by capcom,  no airdashers or doujin fighters, no snkp etc). nman he got hyped as fuck by that vid, showed it to other friends of his who also only play sf and where really hyped and are still waiting for the release date.  i think this should pretty much be the hype vids for this game, cause even people not into snkp or kof in general was goddamn, i want that shit. which is always good, and fuck even i liked those vids a lot. that quality terry usage isnt on the neds anywhere, only one ive seen come close was mr kof and maybe 1 guy from the jpn vids. that dev is every pizzaboys hero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juhy_pz5rT8

for those that didnt know the hype. second vid is snkp dev kyo owning, 3rd one is snkp dev terry owning. that hd combo at the end had people like wow.

I understand how it is because I'm typing away in between rounds at AI all the time; try to at least go back and edit your posts when you're on a keyboard.  Using the PS3 is your problem, that thing is horrible for messages =)

As for the developer's match, I remember that one so well as I remember rewinding it several times.  It's hard not to appreciate those type of matches for any fighting game fans.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #466 on: October 28, 2010, 04:33:06 PM »
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:34:56 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #467 on: October 28, 2010, 05:55:12 PM »
A Clark who preformed a full screen carry! Amazing, most just get 2 uppercuts, and then... kinda seize up there. Unforunately, the combo didn't end so hot.

Mai's Ryuenbu Corner flameup dance was pretty nice. And as a random note, looks likes she can air normal into air command normal into Musasabi no Mai, as well. I imagine Air command normal into EX Musasabi might be a good trick to pull off every once in a while, and the 3 air moves strat could really mess with certain players who aren't so swift on their anti-air reversals.

And that was some pretty solid Vice play! Great job capitalizing on every anti-air weak punch/air counter hit (Much like Raiden players often do), and overall just solid use of her awkward normals. Does Gorefest have the startup invincibility that she used to get off her old hcf+P throw (Blackend)?

And I'm impressed with how solid a "Stay in yer corner!" game Ryo has, when played correctly. He looks as annoying as K'. The only reason he seems to not juggle with his Hien Shipukyaku is due to bad player timing... otherwise, looks like he can land some pretty solid damage.

These particular matches appear to have better control of the "Not Raiden/K'..." character, than the KCE vids yesterday. They players seemed better able to adapt to a variety of situations, with their entire team, rather than just going for the same combo/opening, and with the same character, ALL the time. It's nice to see the entire team played evenly, rather than seeing certain members just thrown away as an excuse to gather meter for your showstopper.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 28, 2010, 06:04:42 PM »
i really respect mikamemo (memory jar, LOL!) for kicking ass with leftfield low-tier characters.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 28, 2010, 06:23:47 PM »
Smoai is back, fuck yeah.

Those were some fantasitc matches, lots of characters got represented really well and very solid play all around.

Ryo fans rejoice, great pressure. Like I said before, his fireball definitely has more oomph than such fireballs usually do. He doesn't have anything that stands but seems to be solid overall, like Terry.

Looks like that great Kyo player from a while back made an appearance again, capitalizing on the speed of EX Orochinagi really well. Kyo was having crappy showings recently but these matches are a good reminder of the beast he is this installment. Easily one of the best choices for an anchor imo.

That Clark juggle was really sweet, wonder how the complete version would look.

Mai, yeah, nobody seems to be able to hit any kind of groove with her.

These particular matches appear to have better control of the "Not Raiden/K'..." character, than the KCE vids yesterday. They players seemed better able to adapt to a variety of situations, with their entire team, rather than just going for the same combo/opening, and with the same character, ALL the time. It's nice to see the entire team played evenly, rather than seeing certain members just thrown away as an excuse to gather meter for your showstopper.

Another problem with yesterday's vids was that not only was the guy using K' and Raiden, and using them really well, but he was overall on a different level from the other players.

Smoai's matches have a great back and forth going on which made them really exciting. All players knew that the other could HD their ass to heck and back which created an additional layer of tension. You are basically a huge threat if you have meter no matter how much health you have.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 28, 2010, 06:26:29 PM »
awesome, gonne check them out now. also 200 posts passed. shits getting real, lol.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #471 on: October 28, 2010, 06:41:35 PM »
And as a random note, looks likes she can air normal into air command normal into Musasabi no Mai, as well. I imagine Air command normal into EX Musasabi might be a good trick to pull off every once in a while, and the 3 air moves strat could really mess with certain players who aren't so swift on their anti-air reversals.

That was so cool, and unseen since now.  Maybe j.D, j.dB, Musasabi (DC) EX Musasabi (SC) DM (MC) NM could be a cool aerial combo.

(sorry if i went off-topic)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 28, 2010, 06:42:11 PM »
Props to Udi Kiara for almost taking out K' and Kula back-to-back with Terry, though technically he could've taken everyone if he used his supers a little more.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 28, 2010, 06:44:43 PM »
And as a random note, looks likes she can air normal into air command normal into Musasabi no Mai, as well. I imagine Air command normal into EX Musasabi might be a good trick to pull off every once in a while, and the 3 air moves strat could really mess with certain players who aren't so swift on their anti-air reversals.

That was so cool, and unseen since now.  Maybe j.D, j.dB, Musasabi (DC) EX Musasabi (SC) DM (MC) NM could be a cool aerial combo.

(sorry if i went off-topic)

Excellent tactic. I figured they would've given her something like that. She'll make  a fine aerial pouncer for players.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 28, 2010, 07:45:08 PM »
A Clark who preformed a full screen carry! Amazing, most just get 2 uppercuts, and then... kinda seize up there. Unforunately, the combo didn't end so hot.

As I'm trying to pick up Clark, I studied that many times and it's so funny how right before Clark did it, Kula pulls off a monsterous combo.  Now granted she used 2 stocks+1 drive versus Clark's 1 stock+1 drive, but the damage difference is so funny.  She seem to scale pretty well in terms of damage whereas Clark's damage scaling is pretty evident.  Nevertheless, a good combo.  Check out the Clark thread I posted a HD combo I got from the BBS that's somewhat similar but different.  EDIT: (Corner) j.C, s.D, df.A, HD, s.D, C Gatling (2hits), [HDC] Vulcan Punch [3hits], [HDC] C Gatling, (Vulcan Punch [2hits], [HDC] C Gatling) x3, A Gatling, j.D (534 dmg)

Mai's Ryuenbu Corner flameup dance was pretty nice. And as a random note, looks likes she can air normal into air command normal into Musasabi no Mai, as well. I imagine Air command normal into EX Musasabi might be a good trick to pull off every once in a while, and the 3 air moves strat could really mess with certain players who aren't so swift on their anti-air reversals.

Sadly, her air.d.B knocks down immediately so it doesn't really work if it connects.  In a block string for mixup only, maybe.

And that was some pretty solid Vice play! Great job capitalizing on every anti-air weak punch/air counter hit (Much like Raiden players often do), and overall just solid use of her awkward normals. Does Gorefest have the startup invincibility that she used to get off her old hcf+P throw (Blackend)?

I think Gorefest (hcb~f+P) never had invincibility, Blackend did.  Gorefest was more like Clark's SABB (hcf+K) whereas Blackend was more like Frankensteiner (dp+K) with less startup&invincibility frames.

And I'm impressed with how solid a "Stay in yer corner!" game Ryo has, when played correctly. He looks as annoying as K'. The only reason he seems to not juggle with his Hien Shipukyaku is due to bad player timing... otherwise, looks like he can land some pretty solid damage.

Watching that video made me think Ryo has better ground normals than Robert.  

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #475 on: October 28, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »
As I'm trying to pick up Clark, I studied that many times and it's so funny how right before Clark did it, Kula pulls off a monsterous combo.  Now granted she used 2 stocks+1 drive versus Clark's 1 stock+1 drive, but the damage difference is so funny.  She seem to scale pretty well in terms of damage whereas Clark's damage scaling is pretty evident.  Nevertheless, a good combo.  Check out the Clark thread I posted a HD combo I got from the BBS that's somewhat similar but different.  EDIT: (Corner) j.C, s.D, df.A, HD, s.D, C Gatling (2hits), [HDC] Vulcan Punch [3hits], [HDC] C Gatling, (Vulcan Punch [2hits], [HDC] C Gatling) x3, A Gatling, j.D (534 dmg)

-nod- I'm happy to see they've given his Vulcan some purpose (seems to be his key to longer strings), as it felt SO worthless in XII. It funny to see him juggling in such a way... even if he's so much weaker at it than Kula. (O.o)

After the Tech Refs, I really expected to see more uses of EX Vulcan in B&Bs, but no one really seems to care. A shame, as I really get the feeling that he's meant to be ending combos with SABB or Death Lake Drive. Also, with his Gat Attack combos, is the jump D reset always so desireable with Clark, or is it just that hard/impossible to end combos with Air throw/anything with hard knockdown?

Sadly, her air.d.B knocks down immediately so it doesn't really work if it connects.  In a block string for mixup only, maybe.

Yeah, just mixup stuff... could either Musasabi (Normal or EX) give her frame advantage on block, assuming they don't knock her out of the startup? Or maybe even on hit, could they be used to have her switch sides with opponent/reach the ground faster?

I think Gorefest (hcb~f+P) never had invincibility, Blackend did.  Gorefest was more like Clark's SABB (hcf+K) whereas Blackend was more like Frankensteiner (dp+K) with less startup&invincibility frames.

Yeah, maybe I worded that a bit weird... I mean to say, in XIII, has Gorefest possibly obtained some invincibility frames, in order to make up for the lack of Blackend? That player did a very good job of suprising opponents with it. I guess EX Mayhem does a pretty good job being her NEW reversal option, though.

It's kinda nice how each good Vice we've seen has played her differently. Both relied on EX Decide, but one spent more meter emulating Urien's Chariot Tackle with Mayhem -> EX Mayhem -> Splash, while the other focused more on Mayhem -> Decide -> Gorefest use.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 28, 2010, 10:34:19 PM »
After the Tech Refs, I really expected to see more uses of EX Vulcan in B&Bs, but no one really seems to care. A shame, as I really get the feeling that he's meant to be ending combos with SABB or Death Lake Drive. Also, with his Gat Attack combos, is the jump D reset always so desireable with Clark, or is it just that hard/impossible to end combos with Air throw/anything with hard knockdown?

I actually use his s.D, df.A, Ex P, SABB occasionally but I have yet to capture it on film.  Strangely, if you try to do it in the corner the Ex P actually pushes them too far--yeah I know, doesn't make any sense.  After 2 Gatling A versions, if timed correctly (about as stringent as Mai's corner juggles), you can do hyper jump D, then land first and air throw immediately.  I managed to do it like 25% of the time.

Yeah, just mixup stuff... could either Musasabi (Normal or EX) give her frame advantage on block, assuming they don't knock her out of the startup? Or maybe even on hit, could they be used to have her switch sides with opponent/reach the ground faster?

Sometimes I can get it so that if I cross up with j.B (and they block), I cancel it into air.d.B and it crosses them back up it's very tricky.  If they block both you're kinda screwed though hehe.

Yeah, maybe I worded that a bit weird... I mean to say, in XIII, has Gorefest possibly obtained some invincibility frames, in order to make up for the lack of Blackend?

It's like a regular 1-frame command throw which means it has a tiny window of invincibility.

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 29, 2010, 01:01:42 AM »
Instant overhead>V-slasher was SEXY.  Duo Lon is one my favorite characters to see fight.  When he RTSD it's awesome.  I am loving Vice in XIII and I usually don't give a damn about her.  Favorite grappler in XII by far.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 01:10:12 AM by TYRANNICAL »
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 29, 2010, 02:49:37 AM »
Strangely, if you try to do it in the corner the Ex P actually pushes them too far--yeah I know, doesn't make any sense.

probably to prevent corner infinites.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 29, 2010, 04:52:06 AM »
Strangely, if you try to do it in the corner the Ex P actually pushes them too far--yeah I know, doesn't make any sense.

probably to prevent corner infinites.

Very good point.  Makes perfect sense now. =)