Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027229 times)

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #510 on: November 03, 2010, 08:41:25 PM »
OT: I think it was the same for me when i was using that mic... the previous videos shows that
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 03, 2010, 11:12:04 PM »
OT: I think it was the same for me when i was using that mic... the previous videos shows that

OT:Yes, thank you, it wasn't just me :) hehe (Coz I remember making a conscious effort to speak louder this time around lol).  

BTW, to keep this back on topic: how do you guys feel about posting the results via video only?  Or do you guys rather we just posted it right after the tournament?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:17:40 PM by Kane317 »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 04, 2010, 08:45:10 AM »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:25:30 AM by fiol »

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 04, 2010, 04:24:25 PM »
BTW, to keep this back on topic: how do you guys feel about posting the results via video only?  Or do you guys rather we just posted it right after the tournament?

I appreciated it, but it certainly wouldn't have ruined my enjoyment of those videos (which were awesome). Too bad you can't just stream the tournament live to get around the issue. (Not yet anyway.)

Regarding that last video, why is it that Romance's King never follows up close D -> slide with venom strike against a blocking opponent? Is he worried about a GC roll? Is venom strike really that unsafe? I was a bit surprised by this.

When Romance landed that HD combo at the very end of the first match... Words fail me. So. Beautiful. (And so tragic.)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 04:30:45 PM by Rex Dart »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 04, 2010, 04:32:12 PM »

I appreciated it, but it certainly wouldn't have ruined my enjoyment of those videos (which were awesome). Too bad you can't just stream the tournament live to get around the issue. (Not yet anyway.)

Regarding that last video, why is it that Romance's King never follows up close D -> slide with venom strike against a blocking opponent? Is he worried about a GC roll? Is venom strike really that unsafe? I was a bit surprised by this.

When Romance landed that HD combo at the very end of the first match... Words fail me. So. Beautiful. (And so tragic.)

This weekend my friend for the first time ever in the US will make that happen.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 05, 2010, 12:36:34 AM »
that shen combo vid was awesome. basically the complete shen combo 101 with normal, dc and hd combos. ioris was not that good compared to this one, mainly cause he only focused on different ways to land his hd combos.

gonna check out the matches.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 05, 2010, 12:48:31 AM »
that shen combo vid was awesome. basically the complete shen combo 101 with normal, dc and hd combos. ioris was not that good compared to this one, mainly cause he only focused on different ways to land his hd combos.

gonna check out the matches.

I think the matches were above average, just under the KCE levels IMO.

Kusanagi-Style

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 05, 2010, 02:26:52 AM »
That Chin,Andy,Ryo and both Shen's were hella tight!
KOF XIII: Iori/King/Yuri

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 05, 2010, 12:35:14 PM »

Should also point out there were running v1.0 UNLESS roll-canceling (see Iori's vid) is still in v1.1 (come to think of it, I haven't tried it since--just figured they took it out coz that's what ppl reported.)

UPDATE: Confirmed, roll canceling is gone in v1.1 so those vids were v1.0
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 08:22:03 AM by Kane317 »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 07, 2010, 09:13:42 AM »

Should also point out there were running v1.0 UNLESS roll-canceling (see Iori's vid) is still in v1.1 (come to think of it, I haven't tried it since--just figured they took it out coz that's what ppl reported.)

are u sure?..i mean Takuma [mask] doesnt have unlimited ex on those videos

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 07, 2010, 10:09:15 AM »

are u sure?..i mean Takuma [mask] doesnt have unlimited ex on those videos

The Iori video was all about roll canceling.  So, yep, pretty sure.  I suppose the Iori part could have been v1.0 and the matches v1.1--just pointing it out.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #521 on: November 08, 2010, 01:16:02 PM »
Lots of new vids from La Mytique, Paris. At 720 HD. (not sure if it's v 1.1 or not)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VSFClub

(19 matches total)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 01:28:18 AM by Kane317 »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 08, 2010, 01:22:53 PM »
Damn! They've really improved a lot compared to their first videos. Great quality too. Thanks!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 08, 2010, 06:43:43 PM »
Thanks for the vids Shiranui.

These guys leveled up the wazoo, awesome matches and quality.

Deadly Kim/Yuri in there.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 08, 2010, 11:12:48 PM »
Damn! They've really improved a lot compared to their first videos. Great quality too. Thanks!

Well I haven't seen the matches yet but the ones I posted earlier had our friends over at ON (the Brits) playing for the first time in Paris, which explains the level difference.  The French have had it at least 6-8 weeks prior to that, I dunno how long exactly.  I gotta check out the matches after this.

EDIT:
Watched some and indeed they have improve a lot which is exciting to watch.  I want to point out the matches are most likely November 6th 2010, not June 11th (European date format)

EDIT2:
The more I watch the more I noticed more mistakes and general inexperience, yet a definite improvement with some nasty combos.  I think we need to keep an eye on the French; they may have entered late in the game but they have more videos to draw from and are leveling up real quick.  Saw a good Leona (which is probably the owner Youssef), some decent Shen's, and interesting Hwa Jai and a good Maxima on top of all the other mentioned characters.  So sad that La Mythik is closing/relocating as well (I hope it's the latter).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:02:38 AM by Kane317 »