Author Topic: Feudal Fighting - The Wolgang Krauser thread  (Read 6961 times)

God 2.0

• New Challenger
  • Directing your fate
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:02:46 AM by steamwolf »

TomCaddie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Feudal Fighting - The Wolgang Krauser thread
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 03:59:38 AM »
Krauser is one of my mains, here's the tricks I use when playing as him:

Favorite combo is ;a, ;c, and then either ;dn ;df ;fd ;b (This also works as an overhead if they block low) or ;dn ;db ;bk ;c (This hits low if you're up close).

From a distance ;b, ;c does a lot of damage and has great range. Or ;dn ;b, ;dn ;c to hit oppnents low. Far ;c has incredible range but doesn't do that much damage. Also, if you want to close the gap, a neat trick is ;fd ;fd ;b + ;c. You'll dash and do his ;b kick.

Krauser has a lot of options for jumping opponents. ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;c counters their attacks, ;fd ;dn ;df ;c grabs them right out of the air, or a well timed Kaiser Wave can catch them off guard (hold ;bk, ;fd ;b + ;c).

Krauser's pursuit(;dn + ;c) is very risky. I try to only use it when there's a guarentee it'll connect.

If you spam Kaiser Wave, it's very easy for the opponent to go to the back line and rush in. Use it wisely instead.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 04:35:28 AM »
I might do a remade version of this writeup sometime, but for now, here's a link to my Krauser guide on www.shoryuken.com.

http://shoryuken.com/f4/fatal-fury-real-bout-2-thread-139480/#post4339428

If you need help remaking it, I can contribute a bit if you wanna add pictures to it.

God 2.0

• New Challenger
  • Directing your fate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 10:02:41 AM »
You always want to use the  ;dn ;a, ;c chain rather than the  ;a, ;c chain. Reason?  ;dn ;a cancels into itself, so you can essentialy do  ;dn ;a, ;dn ;a, ;dn ;a, ;c;dn ;df ;fd ;b;dn ;db ;bk ;c, doing more damage.

Close  ;a and  ;dn ;a have the same amount of startup frames, in addition you never risk accidentally getting the far standing  ;a when doing  ;dn ;a.

The pursuit attack is guaranteed after a To The Moon Blow (HCB+B). You input it exactly when your opponent lands on the ground. The timing is pretty strict, but easy when trained.
You can also use it against some of the cast after landing a Kaiser Claw, but you have to dash in and do it very quickly. Also guaranteed after a Kaier Claw near corners. Other than these setups, you can land it when hitting an airborner opponent with a Blitzball or a Kaiser Wave. However, the opponent can fast recover after a Blitzball, making it super-risky.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:15:50 AM by God 2.0 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 05:21:25 PM »
like 2.0 said, his  ;dn ;a,  ;c chain is his best. mainly cause this will always be able to cancel into  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b and combo without getting the far  ;a ;c chain.

also  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;b follow up is always mad easy. dont need any training to be honest.

also his  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a seems to have less range than his  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;b grab from what i can remember.

if you really wanna train in something thats hard to do and does good damage, try his follow up after the grab combo.  ;c (2hits), ;df ;c,  ;fd ;dn ;df ;c, now the tricky part, you gotta dash as soon as you can (the very same frame thats possible), do the dash as short as you can, as soon as you stop (just before that even)  ;dn ;c for the pursuit attack. this shit seems to be a 1/2 frame thing, cause you miss time this and you miss the pursuit and die. most dont think its worth it, personally i always hit this back the days. takes timing like a motherfucker but doable. something you never wanna do if you dont have the confidence (or when playing online).

some quick notes: the last combos pursuit attack can be extra difficult against the sdmallest characters. also since his  ;dn ;a  ;c chain can hit from max distance, watch out with your ppower. it might just miss from that distance.

also something very hard and very pro, try doing a dashing small jump,  ;d,  ;c, but when you hit the  ;c it hits almost like a cross over and you actually push the opponent into you instead of away from you. this way you can do your feint combos and because you hit them as low as possible its also always possible to do his launch and dp combo. even i had trouble with this, dont know if anybody is able to succesfully do this all the time?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:23:15 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 11:44:16 AM »
Just an FYI to anyone who may click any old links from SRK: SRK has recently changed a lot of their site structure and forums. All old threads still EXIST, but the previous links for them are now invalid. You have to search for them via the advanced search option which can be tedious. I highly recommend no one post any links to SRK that are too old, or just paste the info directly to DC. Even links to other posts/topics that someone else has posted on the SRK forums ITSELF (like the first post for the old RB2 thread) are all invalid now and must be found by doing an advanced search. This is all the more reason to put all of the RB2/KoF/etc info now onto Dreamcancel.

God 2.0

• New Challenger
  • Directing your fate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 11:14:05 PM »
I've been updating the Krauser section of the Dreamcancel wiki page. Still not done, but have a look.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:16:17 PM by God 2.0 »

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 08:01:36 AM »
I've been updating the Krauser section of the Dreamcancel wiki page. Still not done, but have a look.

Very nice, thank you for your help! If you don't mind, I'm just gonna replace the links in the OP post with this link here to the work you've done on the DC wiki.

JLW2490

• New Challenger
  • Loving what I do. Doing what I love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 03:30:40 PM »
I know this topic is old is this is probably the *semi* best place to post it but thanks for the games. I can't wait to face Krauser and others again. I hope to get much stronger in RB2, it's one of my favorites from NeoGeo.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »
I know this topic is old is this is probably the *semi* best place to post it but thanks for the games. I can't wait to face Krauser and others again. I hope to get much stronger in RB2, it's one of my favorites from NeoGeo.

There is actually an RB2 matchmaking thread in Online Matchmaking, but glad to see someone else playing! Would you mind if I add you to our list of players of RB2?

JLW2490

• New Challenger
  • Loving what I do. Doing what I love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 03:01:06 AM »
Sure thing. I'm usually hitting it up on Supercade from time to time. my Skype is JLW2490. Email: johnnywhite12@ymail.com for anyone that wants to get in contact with me. I may appear offline on yahoo but I'm usually on in the afternoon.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 06:04:19 AM »
I find krauser not that special in this game, could somebody explain me his strengths?

Waifu Material

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 07:08:54 AM »
I think of Krauser as a sort of wall/very defensive character. Leg Tomahawk, Counter and Anti-Air Grab, along with Blitz Balls and Kaiser Waves makes it hard to get in on him with certain characters.