Author Topic: So it's May 2011, SNK hasn't spoken once.  (Read 9705 times)

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Re: So it's May 2011, SNK hasn't spoken once.
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 05:04:27 PM »
Keep in mind that "official news" doesn't necessary mean a release date.  I wouldn't expect anything this week since I think it's a national holiday in Japan (or was that last week?), but if there is going to be anything announced in the next couple of weeks, it'll probably just be confirmation of a console release in 2011 and maybe who the publisher will be, with the actual release date and maybe further info on extra characters or whatever being revealed later (likely by the publisher at E3).  My feeling when I read the Frionel interview was, if everything he said was and is still accurate, that the release will probably be in August or September.

SNK clearly put a lot of effort and consideration into their work on XIII for arcades.  I can only assume (or hope *laughs* ) that they're doing the same regarding its console port.
Old man/bad player

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 05:06:19 PM »
As far as PR goes a company will never say "we are not gonna publish Xgame" if the game hasn't been taken by another company - when statements like "don't bother" are made it means that the game was taken by another publisher ...tho he could have used a standard line like "we are not gonna...bla bla" - i think he is just an asshole screw him too.

Atlus has a Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Maybe) forum maybe we can spam it to get some answers :)) http://www.atlus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:11:34 PM by KBlackNoah »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 05:21:54 PM »
Well I'll be at E3 reporting live for dc.com lolz I hope they have some news a demo would be even better.

Good luck dude. Bug the crap out of them about KOF13. Also, could you do me a favor? Could you ask them if they will ever port Samurai Shodown V Special uncut for XBL/PSN?

I get the feeling that this may be the last game for SNKP, but hey... what a way to go out right? 
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 05:39:53 PM »
Keep in mind that "official news" doesn't necessary mean a release date.  I wouldn't expect anything this week since I think it's a national holiday in Japan (or was that last week?)

Golden Week lasts until Thursday.

I'm pretty confident that XIII will get a console port. As others have pointed out, the Taito Type X2 hardware makes it pretty simple to do 360/PS3 ports. XII came out only three months after its arcade release, and that was SNK's first time releasing a retail HD game.

So, even assuming that SNK DOES want to kill the KOF series off, it would be dumb to do it without making as much money back as possible.

And since they obviously didn't decide to a do a quick-and-cheap console port, the next most likely conclusion is that they're really taking their time with the product.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 05:46:18 PM »

And since they obviously didn't decide to a do a quick-and-cheap console port, the next most likely conclusion is that they're really taking their time with the product.

I agree with that. They most likely do NOT want to fuck this up.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 06:06:52 PM »
WTF is this? They say they have 5 on stock...5 PS3 Japanese version of the baby pig KOF XIII  :)

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9076874496

i want them baby pigs
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:17:22 PM by KBlackNoah »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 06:13:32 PM »
WTF is this? They say they have 5 on stock

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9076874496

lol

Atlus has a Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Maybe) forum maybe we can spam it to get some answers :)) http://www.atlus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Looks like someone already did it:

user1-Will you announce KOF XIII for consoles at E3 2011?

user2-If they even could say yes to this here, do you think they really would? lol.. telling you they'll announce it at E3 is in itself an announcement.. hehehe.

user1-i was hoping for a "come and see for yourself" or kind of answer

Administrator-Come and see for yourself.
Or, you know, sit at home and see if there's a press release.

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245536&postcount=1827

Keep in mind that "official news" doesn't necessary mean a release date.
Probably not, but it will be OFFICIAL news, and right now is what the game and kof community needs. This silence is taking too long.

that the release will probably be in August or September.

I'm expecting it in Septmeber/October.

It's my conclusion too. If after all this time the game is a simple identical port people will get mad, if it's a very good console version (extras, online, game modes, etc) people will feel happy and KOF could come alive again. So, they better make sure release out a good product.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:21:50 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

BustaWolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 09:56:11 PM »
I really  like this community :)
I've been jumping around from different forums and decided hell, I'll sign up to dreamcancel so I can have people to talk to about amazing SNK games, posted this thread and immediet, helpful and kind answers from everyone here :)

thanks guys I'll be sticking around on this website for sure. Now that I got hat off my chest! :p

If they are taking their time getting right and it's been almost a year since arcade release do you think extra characters, a good network code, etc. will be done? Considering that if SNKp has planned a console release from the beginning it would also be worked alongside the arcade port, or am I wrong?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 05:21:28 AM »
the sprites have too much bounce to the ounce in them. or maybe just enough.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 07:12:38 AM »

If they are taking their time getting right and it's been almost a year since arcade release do you think extra characters, a good network code, etc. will be done? Considering that if SNKp has planned a console release from the beginning it would also be worked alongside the arcade port, or am I wrong?

We shall definitely see when we get the game in our consoles but for right now, I think everyone should just be patient for the news from SNKP themselves...also keep yourselves busy by playing the other cool KOF games. :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 06:09:39 PM »
I agree with the rest of you here, they need to make some sort of announcement at E3 about the console release. Not necesarely a demo but just any kind of announcement will help.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 07:05:14 PM »
I think this thread was already discussed at lengths in general discussion as well as home port wish list. But to answer the original post, they will not release any information until shortly before the release so you'll have to wait it out like the rest of us.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 07:21:38 PM »
I think this thread was already discussed at lengths in general discussion as well as home port wish list. But to answer the original post, they will not release any information until shortly before the release so you'll have to wait it out like the rest of us.

I'm hoping they will announce "something" at E3.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

BustaWolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 11:02:46 AM »
Amen to that. Snk, atlus, ignition, who ever the hell steps up needs to announce a console port for this game and market it as the definitive fighter as it is. I've read in many places where people bash on kof and snk and I don't really like it.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011, 07:33:17 PM »
As long as they are working to make the port perfect I can w8 till the end of 2011 :)

@ The Answer Dude plz change ur sig, it is dusgusting