Author Topic: Fightpads?  (Read 20858 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fightpads?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 05:26:35 AM »
I bought a Saturn pad off Ebay for $35 about 3 years ago and the D-pad snapped off after about a month of use.

I honestly think Logitech should make a more durable pad made for fighters. I'd pay $45 for that easily.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 06:00:20 PM »
those logitec PC gamepads are so bad...I've had three in the past, and none of them lasted longer than 6 to 8 months.  They all developed terrible ghosting with the left analogue, and the d-pad would often stop working altogether, and I was only using them to play NHL07 and NHL08 on PC.  It's not like I was beating them up playing fighting games.

Maybe I just got unlucky a bunch of times, but I greatly prefer the madcatz pad, personally
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 08:18:26 AM »
Would you guys suggest getting the Hori Commander 3 over the Commander 3 Pro then? Or should I just get a Saturn pad I found modded with a PS2 pcb and then use converters?

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 05:20:20 AM »
Get the fighting Commander 3. Avoid the pro version because the D-pad will keep slipping out of place.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 09:29:07 PM »
Today, I ordered one of the new madcatz SFxT fightpads.  Apparently it is 15% smaller than the old fightpads.  I thought it was time to upgrade from my current one, due to Ryu, Ken, Kazuya and Nina basically being cooler than HHH and the Rock (that is who is on my current pad).

Hopefully it performs just as well...
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 12:57:28 AM »
You know, now that I think about it, I think it would just be beneficial to all pad players to mainly play on a PS2 pad with converters or find a Saturn pad. I say that because it seems that no matter what, the PS2 pad is the one always seen being played by top pad players. but that's just my opinion of course.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2012, 07:09:54 PM »
I agree that it's a pretty good pad (PS2), but I just don't like the feel of the dpad on it.  I get blisters from it a lot faster than I do with other pads.  To be fair, it might just be because my callus developed in a different spot on my thumb from using a madcatz fightpad for so long

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 03:50:20 AM »
I bought the PDP Versus Fightpad for PS3

Is fine I guess, I like the clicks, but makes an annoying sound

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2012, 05:29:36 AM »
I love the PDP pad. It's now $15 and is a marked improvement over the 360 version. The stick is tighter and feels more accurate. My only complaint is that it doesn't work with PS2 compatibility.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/playstation-3-versus-fighting-pad/91019

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2012, 02:07:46 AM »
I love the PDP pad. It's now $15 and is a marked improvement over the 360 version. The stick is tighter and feels more accurate. My only complaint is that it doesn't work with PS2 compatibility.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/playstation-3-versus-fighting-pad/91019

I find hard to do tiger knee's and move with the chars, the rest is fine

Waifu Material

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2012, 11:52:56 AM »
Just want to reiterate: Avoid the Hori Fighting Commander 3 Pro (only the Pro version). I've owned the controller for just under 6 months now and not only does the D-pad slip out of place but now it's starting to stick and hold in a direction. What a waste of $40.

Crowe

• New Challenger
  • BAKA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 06:01:45 AM »
I recently found the KoF 12 Arcade pad available for sale at a store near my place. Does anyone know what parts are used for that one? Its 200 bucks (which is like $70) dollars and needless to say I dont wanna buy then regret having bought it. (http://www.exportprive.com/en/arcade-sticks/14235-joytron-king-of-fighters-12-limited-edition-arcade-stick-pc-ps3-xbox-360-white-.html)
K' / Saiki / Shen Woo (Benimaru Sub)

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 08:31:01 PM »
It's just sanwa knock offs.

Crowe

• New Challenger
  • BAKA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »
Looking for a floaty pad, any suggestions?
K' / Saiki / Shen Woo (Benimaru Sub)

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2012, 05:49:10 PM »
madcatz fightpads? they are floaty to me