Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 278142 times)

StolenHope

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #705 on: May 01, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »
Oh Shit the only person in all anime that can make people blow up by just punching them.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 02, 2011, 03:35:13 AM »
I had a blast on Friday guys, Thanks to Giby and Noctural for making it down and of course Gunsmith and Delphine (sp?) for making it all the way.  We definitely should have recorded some podcast of us just shooting the crap--it'll definitely make some entertaining session.  I thought it was extra funny that our significant others were banded together complaining how we when we're not at the arcades, we're either watching kof vids, or writing about kof hahaha.  Good times.

For the record Giby, when we said put a win limit so the newcomers could play more we didn't mean we were going to go easy hehe, no disrespect, we just wanted to make sure you guys got more playtime since we get to play all the time.

Fun time as always!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:38:30 AM by Kane317 »

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #707 on: May 02, 2011, 06:53:51 AM »
It was great hanging out with all of you guys again. I didn't get as many games in as I wanted, but that's fine. A video/podcast of the 'event' would have been awesome, but you know, some of it would have to be cut out :p

I got about 3-4 games in I think, I know 1 with Gunny, 1 with Abe, 1 with Oscar and one more, but I forgot against who. Liz's counter super took me by surprise, i didn't even know she had it.

The ladies seemed to have a lot of fun, especially when it came to bashing their men :o

About the Neo Geo collector I told you guys about. I can't find recent pics, but here they are before going into a special room http://www.neo-geo.com//gallery/collections/flo.html

Kane, I just misunderstood what I read, I saw it as "lets not go all out" and my mind said "NO"

What do we do about those pics we took? I don't mind them going up, but I don't want to throw any up if someone doesn't want their pic online. Send me the pics you guys took, and let me know if you guys want the one I have. I really want to see Gunny's, that one looked horrible :o

Hopefully Jaime and I can come down again sometime soon. Its always fun getting with you guys. Maybe if Japan Arcade/FFA gets 1.1 we can try to get together there once in a while since its between all of us.

And to quote Gunny: "anything said at AA, stays at AA" :D

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #708 on: May 02, 2011, 10:47:09 AM »
I had a blast on Friday. It was great seeing everyone again. Also good meeting with Gunsmith and Delphine (I'm following Kane's spelling :D). I hope you both had a good time. I got to play most of everyone for the most part. I really need to practice just combos in general. I still learned a couple of things as I played. I also wanted to thank Oscar and Kane for the the hospitality, ride and food. That fried chicken was pretty good. We'll have to do it again soon. I'll see about getting there earlier next time to get more games in. GGs all.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 02, 2011, 06:54:58 PM »
Friday was a lot of fun. It was nice meeting Gunsmith his a really cool guy, hanging out with Giby and Noc is always fun. We really need to do this again and hopefully next time I'll have the PS2 adapters ready so I can take the system home :D Reynald and John need to join us next time thou.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 02, 2011, 07:03:50 PM »

And to quote Gunny: "anything said at AA, stays at AA" :D

AA is King of Fight Club

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 02, 2011, 10:47:08 PM »
Reynald and John need to join us next time thou.

John and I had work early next morning :(
PSN- MrGreen-AI

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 02, 2011, 11:00:09 PM »

Noc had to work as well and he still showed up.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 03, 2011, 12:14:44 AM »

That's funny, me as well.   I worked the next day in the morning =)

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 03, 2011, 12:59:28 AM »

That's funny, me as well.   I worked the next day in the morning =)

I thought you guys went to a place for pho but nocturnal was talking about fried chicken? if that was the case count me in next time! At the same time everyone was pretty quiet when they first got there, so i didn't feel like going if that explains anything.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

chasiubao

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 04, 2011, 05:54:34 AM »
alright so i finally got to check out japan arcade in LA.  It was a pretty cool place but it sucks that the cab is american sticks i guess ill check out alex arcade sometimes.  

But i had some problems with the mexicans.  sorry dont know your names but hoping i would probably catch them on this board.  Ive seen them go to ai before and some of them were cool some of them were not as cool.  Even before at ai sometimes i go play street fighter while i leave a coin up at ai they jack my shit now if its 1 and it was a mistake but seriously i left coins up there like 2-3 times on the same day and it gets robbed like candy.  

But when kane , meta, mr kof and etc sorry dont know all your names and giving some shout outs at the same time miss playing with you guys but yeah my coins never gets jacked when i kick it with you guys.

Now today they saw me at japan arcade this afternoon started staring at me and started laughing.  not sure if you guys were laughing at me?  i heard chino and some other random shit sorry dont know spanish so i cant really assume much.  you guys act like you guys never saw a chino play video games at an arcade before. If you guys did started laughing at me thats some fucked up shit.  Never really had good vibes hanging around with you guys when i just wanted to chill and play some kof.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:41:09 AM by chasiubao »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 04, 2011, 08:38:23 AM »
Wow! Sorry to hear about this experience, we do have a few of the Japan Arcade KOF players in this forum and I'm sure they will see your message. Also I will personally make sure this issue is addressed with Team Chaos.

I am sure we all know that the majority of the KOF players in the US are either Asian or Mexican (not all thou) so we definitely don't want any conflicts like this going on.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #717 on: May 04, 2011, 09:09:11 AM »
Yes fried chicken again next time :D.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:02:33 AM by Nocturnal »
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 04, 2011, 09:10:08 AM »
alright so i finally got to check out japan arcade in LA.  It was a pretty cool place but it sucks that the cab is american sticks i guess ill check out alex arcade sometimes.  

But i had some problems with the mexicans.  sorry dont know your names but hoping i would probably catch them on this board.  Ive seen them go to ai before and some of them were cool some of them were not as cool.  Even before at ai sometimes i go play street fighter while i leave a coin up at ai they jack my shit now if its 1 and it was a mistake but seriously i left coins up there like 2-3 times on the same day and it gets robbed like candy.  

But when kane , meta, mr kof and etc sorry dont know all your names and giving some shout outs at the same time miss playing with you guys but yeah my coins never gets jacked when i kick it with you guys.

Now today they saw me at japan arcade this afternoon started staring at me and started laughing.  not sure if you guys were laughing at me?  i heard chino and some other random shit sorry dont know spanish so i cant really assume much.  you guys act like you guys never saw a chino play video games at an arcade before. If you guys did started laughing at me thats some fucked up shit.  Never really had good vibes hanging around with you guys when i just wanted to chill and play some kof.

Racism stewed to PERFECTION! =)
Don't let one bad experience discourage you! Hope to play with you again someday in AE!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 04, 2011, 12:24:32 PM »

first of all on behalf of all my team i would like to thank you for visiting our arcade.:) im pretty sure i was there and i dont remember playing you(and trust me i was there all day).we cirtainly want more competition to come over to our place!!!when we're playing we constantly make fun of ourselves and joke around with each other,thats just how we hang out.please dont think that we were making fun of you or anything like that.:) when we wait for our turn to play,we never place a coin to mark whos next,so i honestly dont know how your coins got stolen.now if all the stuff you're saying is true,then we would like to apologize if we treated you wrong in any way.