Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 278135 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #780 on: May 28, 2011, 09:50:10 AM »
Way to go John, thanks for making KOF 13 looking like the cheapest game ever =/

Hey, you know "I'm not John's biggest fan", and I actually resent playing John only coz I like to play other ppl occasionally, but this is coming from the LIZ, KULA and K' user?  O.o .  I thought you automatically lose your rights to complain about anyone else once you use those =)

Heh. =)

If anything, we should be complaining about the Takuma and Ash stun combos than the long juggles.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:01:21 AM by Kane317 »

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 28, 2011, 10:16:10 AM »
Hey John did you have your bowl today?

http://www.stonehengemusic.org/pics/Turtle%20Soup.jpg

<3  ;)

LOL The Answer has alot of time to search on google images to insult me  =P KOF friendship right here!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 28, 2011, 10:21:40 AM »

Hey, you know "I'm not John's biggest fan", and I actually resent playing John only coz I like to play other ppl occasionally, but this is coming from the LIZ, KULA and K' user?  O.o .  I thought you automatically lose your rights to complain about anyone else once you use those =)

Heh. =)

If anything, we should be complaining about the Takuma and Ash stun combos than the long juggles.

I know what you meant by you'd like to play other ppl too. But it'd be the same thing all over again if Reynald was around too while i'm not there =) In other news  Oscar doesn't know what a turtle is yet because he'll have to understand the struggle with his new team relying on Offense. The Answer may not win with his new Team Kyo , Mai , Andy due to the fact they don't have counters and cheap gimmicks LOL 1luv Oscar woot woot!

Also About the Takuma  Stun Combo they should make it a requirement to do Stand C into forward B into Flying just to make the combo work! Apparently don't do the  "Are you Japanese?" (inside joke between me and Reynald LOL)
About Ash's Stun combo, It's not easy to do....also if you do mess up a  combination during his green mode...the player would then have to Improvise/compensate by burning more meter to try to get the stun combo. The Day I see Kane317, The Answer,Romance, Reynald, CMD Duc, and 4leaf  Master the Stun combo  while performing it in a real match is when I truly stop playing 13. I just can't see it happening.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:37:07 AM by Mr.KOF »

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 28, 2011, 10:25:52 AM »
GGs yesterday guys, I wish I could've stayed longer but had to take care of business at home.

Hey John I think b.a.l.a found a way to use 4 characters in the game so he can defeat you lol!!!!!

Funniest thing happened yesterday, I was playing with John and he was using his TORTUGA Ash, I mean *Defensive* Ash and some of the MvC2 players watching started yelling "cheap" that's so "cheap" I didn't think anything of it but then Abe said something like "do you realize Marvel vs Capcom 2 players were calling John cheap" then I thought about about again and I started LMAO!!! They were probably thinking "Man I'll take a few infinites and unblockables any day over that shit" lol

I don't mind being called cheap...Someone had to Break KOF 13!  In other news...2p side joystick needs to be replaced....There were some people who played the game as if it were the Muscle Joysticks...you know how sensitive Japanese sticks are???? Shits Fucked up now....I can vouch that gaming exp is at a minus =(

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 28, 2011, 11:41:13 AM »
About Ash's Stun combo, It's not easy to do....also if you do mess up a  combination during his green mode...the player would then have to Improvise/compensate by burning more meter to try to get the stun combo. The Day I see Kane317, The Answer,Romance, Reynald, CMD Duc, and 4leaf  Master the Stun combo  while performing it in a real match is when I truly stop playing 13. I just can't see it happening.

Urm.   Just coz I choose not to use certain characters that can do long combos, doesn't mean I can't do them (remember me doing '98 Takuma's Cross up D, d.B x n, d.A, f+A, DM or the Heavy D! one and you were like WTF?  )  Give me more credit than that.  You also know your "challenges" don't work on me like the Raiden one either.

Ash's stun combo is more challenging, but like more combos in kof, isn't too hard with practice--we're not talking about '97 Yamazaki infinite here.  
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 11:55:32 AM by Kane317 »

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 29, 2011, 12:40:32 AM »
About Ash's Stun combo, It's not easy to do....also if you do mess up a  combination during his green mode...the player would then have to Improvise/compensate by burning more meter to try to get the stun combo. The Day I see Kane317, The Answer,Romance, Reynald, CMD Duc, and 4leaf  Master the Stun combo  while performing it in a real match is when I truly stop playing 13. I just can't see it happening.

Urm.   Just coz I choose not to use certain characters that can do long combos, doesn't mean I can't do them (remember me doing '98 Takuma's Cross up D, d.B x n, d.A, f+A, DM or the Heavy D! one and you were like WTF?  )  Give me more credit than that.  You also know your "challenges" don't work on me like the Raiden one either.

Ash's stun combo is more challenging, but like more combos in kof, isn't too hard with practice--we're not talking about '97 Yamazaki infinite here.  

I know Kane 317 can do any combo with practice because i see you in person performing the combos. I meant i wanted to see the whole group try the ASH combo and understand its pretty hard performing it in a real match even with all the practice.  I NEVER meant to SAY all of you could not perform these combos. I love and respect you guys :)

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 29, 2011, 12:47:15 AM »
About Ash's Stun combo, It's not easy to do....also if you do mess up a  combination during his green mode...the player would then have to Improvise/compensate by burning more meter to try to get the stun combo. The Day I see Kane317, The Answer,Romance, Reynald, CMD Duc, and 4leaf  Master the Stun combo  while performing it in a real match is when I truly stop playing 13. I just can't see it happening.

Urm.   Just coz I choose not to use certain characters that can do long combos, doesn't mean I can't do them (remember me doing '98 Takuma's Cross up D, d.B x n, d.A, f+A, DM or the Heavy D! one and you were like WTF?  )  Give me more credit than that.  You also know your "challenges" don't work on me like the Raiden one either.

I know Kane 317 can do any combo with practice because i see you in person performing the combos. I meant i wanted to see the whole group try the ASH combo and understand its pretty hard performing it in a real match even with all the practice.  I NEVER meant to SAY all of you could not perform these combos. I love and respect you guys :)

Gotcha, my bad =)  We love you too (when you're not winning haha).

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 29, 2011, 11:23:37 AM »

Urm.   Just coz I choose not to use certain characters that can do long combos, doesn't mean I can't do them (remember me doing '98 Takuma's Cross up D, d.B x n, d.A, f+A, DM or the Heavy D! one and you were like WTF?  )  Give me more credit than that.  You also know your "challenges" don't work on me like the Raiden one either.

Gotcha, my bad =)  We love you too (when you're not winning haha).

Honestly it's hard to do even with a lot of practice just to do it once training mode. Now to even get it off in a real game is an accomplishment. I'd doubt any of us would be able to even do it 1/5 times if that was the only thing we tried/trained to do. I've never seen anyone do it in any of the match vids or even attempt them even though it's been known for a couple of months.

StolenHope

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 29, 2011, 05:55:23 PM »
So I'm Just going to put this out here real Quick.. But Japan Arcade in little Tokyo has Changed the arcade stick to Japanese Stick!  :) And the bad news is they are going to Start Charging Two tokens. But Yeah just putting that out their lol.

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 29, 2011, 09:43:28 PM »

Heh. =)

I know what you meant by you'd like to play other ppl too. But it'd be the same thing all over again if Reynald was around too while i'm not there =) In other news  Oscar doesn't know what a turtle is yet because he'll have to understand the struggle with his new team relying on Offense. The Answer may not win with his new Team Kyo , Mai , Andy due to the fact they don't have counters and cheap gimmicks LOL 1luv Oscar woot woot!

Also About the Takuma  Stun Combo they should make it a requirement to do Stand C into forward B into Flying just to make the combo work! Apparently don't do the  "Are you Japanese?" (inside joke between me and Reynald LOL)
raymond is almost there(the ash stun combo) he just needs to practice a little more on his nerves.so im guessing that your retirement is right around the corner.jajajaja

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 29, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
So I'm Just going to put this out here real Quick.. But Japan Arcade in little Tokyo has Changed the arcade stick to Japanese Stick!  :) And the bad news is they are going to Start Charging Two tokens. But Yeah just putting that out their lol.
what really sucks is that we already got used to playing in american joysticks!!!at first we were ok with it but not anymore.:( ohh well guess im gonna have to wait for the console version to play this game again.hopefully we can make the staff change it back because i think im not the only one thats gonna stop playing.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 29, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »
raymond is almost there(the ash stun combo) he just needs to practice a little more on his nerves.so im guessing that your retirement is right around the corner.jajajaja

That's nice that Japan Arcade changed out their sticks. I'm guessing the buttons are still the same? either way i''ll come down this Tuesday. My retirement coming soon ??? LOL See you guys later.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:56:26 PM by Kane317 »

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 29, 2011, 10:55:34 PM »
I've never seen anyone do it in any of the match vids or even attempt them even though it's been known for a couple of months.

I'm not disagreeing with how difficult it is, I don't even know what the combo is exactly but have seen it several times, at the same time I do know what it isn't (like hard ass stuff like '97 Yamazaki infinites etc...) but I have been wrong on occasions.

I do want to point out that the argument is somewhat moot since only you and John have been trying to do it, and it was like only for the last 3 weeks for John at least, and he's gotten in real matches, but we haven't been recording for awhile so of course it hasn't been in the videos.  

As for Japanese matches a) you have to factor in how many ppl use Ash and b) how many ppl are attempting the combo.  Like I said, I can't say for sure since I'm not studying that combo in particular but I don't recall seeing them drop many combos period, so maybe they just either don't know it or just like to do it.  Now if we see them trying to do it all the time and messing up, I think you made your point.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:10:01 PM by Kane317 »

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 29, 2011, 11:18:11 PM »
Trying to do something that's considered difficult in a real match is very risky and usually not worth the attempt. We don't need to see them fail a combo multiple times to make a point on how difficult it is to do. I'd actually be questioning their gameplay if that was the case.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:22:25 PM by 4leaf »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 30, 2011, 01:22:37 AM »
Trying to do something that's considered difficult in a real match is very risky and usually not worth the attempt. We don't need to see them fail a combo multiple times to make a point on how difficult it is to do. I'd actually be questioning their gameplay if that was the case.

I'm just saying it's hard to validate how hard a combo is just coz you don't see it; there's tons of combos that aren't displayed but it doesn't mean it's hard or easy either.  You just can't draw conclusions from that alone.  Once again, I'm not saying the Ash stun combo is simple.