Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 280839 times)

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2010, 12:32:41 PM »

Will be at A.I. this wed(hopefully) if i wake up in time just to get some games in to fulfill my itch!! I'm willing to let you practice your combos during training mode....heck i'll even do them for you =)

From 2- 9

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2010, 12:31:50 AM »
I'll swing by a lil later today too for a short while.

EDIT: First vid from the tourney has been uploaded.

and

the second.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:02:29 AM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2010, 06:26:32 PM »
awesome vids, even the level of play is pretty decent. the quality is awesome btw, dope. cant wait for the other vids.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

WiCKED

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2010, 09:09:37 PM »
Going there tonight around 6-7pm. :D Going to be playing some BBCS and probably scrubbing out in KoFXIII in between matches, but hey, there's only one way to get better and that's by playing :D

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2010, 10:10:39 PM »
Good to know you haven't...the Q word that must not be mentioned.

On related news, I saw one of the Chinese guys that I thought did, but he recently picked it back up and got quite good.  He said, he spent one day learning the game (and he's up to speed now).  Keep playing!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 12:32:10 AM by Kane317 »

WiCKED

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2010, 11:00:33 PM »
I haven't done the big Q word for XIII, I just got really (re)hyped for BlazBlue. I have a long way to go in both BB and KOF, so no Q words are allowed lol

Also, I really would like to stop sucking at kof sometime, so I need to keep playing, lol.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2010, 11:30:03 PM »
I haven't done the big Q word for XIII, I just got really (re)hyped for BlazBlue. I have a long way to go in both BB and KOF, so no Q words are allowed lol

Also, I really would like to stop sucking at kof sometime, so I need to keep playing, lol.

Like I said, you're more than welcome to share one of my characters so you can get in more game time.  All we care about is moving the scene forward.

WiCKED

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2010, 12:22:55 AM »
I'll probably take you up on that sometime soon :3

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2010, 12:25:50 AM »
I'll probably take you up on that sometime soon :3

If you haven't already, watch the XIII vids, including the Japanese ones, they help me with a lot ideas/improvement.  

I'll also add that if you ever see Ash (Duc) around, ask him to help you out as well.  He's one of the best teachers I know in any game (a good player vs a good teacher are not necessarily the same), very level-headed, patient, and good at analyzing things.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 11:01:40 AM by Kane317 »

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2010, 08:04:06 AM »
Good to know you have a good Ash teacher. I will most likely be pestering him with questions if I ever meet him.
I'm pretty sure AI has a designated Ralf player? Who would that be?

Quick note. In the case I make AI. I WILL pester you if you are any kind of good with King/Ralf/Ash, and possibly Leona (can't think of other chars at the moment).
Otherwise, still having difficulty trying to get someone in my crew to randomly go to AI just so I can play XIII.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2010, 11:03:51 AM »
Good to know you have a good Ash teacher. I will most likely be pestering him with questions if I ever meet him.
I'm pretty sure AI has a designated Ralf player? Who would that be?

Quick note. In the case I make AI. I WILL pester you if you are any kind of good with King/Ralf/Ash, and possibly Leona (can't think of other chars at the moment).
Otherwise, still having difficulty trying to get someone in my crew to randomly go to AI just so I can play XIII.

Right now Pizzero is the only Ralf player.  Reynald used him in XII a lot, and he's really good at picking up a character (I'm real slow, take my time, and try try try until I get one thing right--which is why you see me doing stupid crap all the time).  

As for the characters I don't know, I know a lot of technical knowledge (read about them), but don't have much experience with them.

I didn't know you were within driving distance to AI, where are you from?

FYI, more tourney vids are up, check them at the video thread
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 11:19:50 AM by Kane317 »

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2010, 12:21:22 PM »
I'm in Victorville. Part of the High Desert, I have just as tough of a ride as Nocturnal.
But I got a bucket that I'm too scared to ride to AI. So I've been trying to force an SF4 buddy up here to randomly go to AI. Obviously I haven't been successful yet.

Clutch

• New Challenger
  • AKA "Naked_Snake" on SRK
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2010, 07:21:37 PM »
I'll be heading out to AI a little after 1:30pm to catch the place as it opens, gonna be working on boosting my level in KOF for some hours.

Clutch

• New Challenger
  • AKA "Naked_Snake" on SRK
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2010, 02:55:03 AM »
Aw man, that was completely worth it, even if I had to cut my time short and right when Kane just came in. For what it was worth, that was a fun one game we played. Freakin' Chin man, annoying. LOL.

Got what I was hoping for and that was good time alone with the machine to work on execution and controls, even managed to knock out a couple of guys back and forth in a few versus games, so I'm content to say that I'm comfortable with the game. All that's left now is just time to work in more execution and combos until it's all second nature.

PS, working in Vice's shoulder to arm whip combo loop will be hella, hella fun.

Will try to be there tomorrow, if not during next week. See ya fellas.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2010, 08:28:12 AM »
Aw man, that was completely worth it, even if I had to cut my time short and right when Kane just came in. For what it was worth, that was a fun one game we played. Freakin' Chin man, annoying. LOL.

Got what I was hoping for and that was good time alone with the machine to work on execution and controls, even managed to knock out a couple of guys back and forth in a few versus games, so I'm content to say that I'm comfortable with the game. All that's left now is just time to work in more execution and combos until it's all second nature.

PS, working in Vice's shoulder to arm whip combo loop will be hella, hella fun.

Will try to be there tomorrow, if not during next week. See ya fellas.

I'm going to be there tomorrow, see you there. As for Chin, I dunno what you're talking about :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:30:09 AM by Kane317 »