Author Topic: Chicago Area/ midwest Scene  (Read 242278 times)

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Chicago Area/ midwest Scene
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 09:32:17 PM »
Just registered here.

I've already given shoutout for Ignite at SRK, but I've been pretty detatched from the majority of the Chicago fighting game scene in the past three years (since I dislike most of the recent popular games). So I might as well re-introduce myself.

I used to travel to 3~4 majors a year, but have been done with 'competitive scene' for most part. I value originality and creativity in fighting games over anything, and last game I liked was AH3. XIII is fun so I plan to spend decent amount of time with it.

I was playing mostly Terry/Athena/Kula last night, but don't have a definitive team yet.

Welcome to DC, orka! Glad you finally decided to not only sign up here, but are also enjoying the game. Feel free to introduce yourself here if you'd like: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0

The funny part was, once guys started talking about Chicago, I wondered "Is orka even playing this game?" lol I asked Lark but he said you've been MIA from IRC lately.

orka

• New Challenger
  • We Are All One
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 04:56:58 AM »
Glad to have u onboard :) welcome.

Thanks for the games man. I'll practice up before next week, and prolly have a different team.

Welcome to DC, orka! Glad you finally decided to not only sign up here, but are also enjoying the game. Feel free to introduce yourself here if you'd like: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0

The funny part was, once guys started talking about Chicago, I wondered "Is orka even playing this game?" lol I asked Lark but he said you've been MIA from IRC lately.

lol sup man. Yea like I said, I've been done with FGC for various reasons. Definitely enjoying KOFXIII so far, though.

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2011, 10:18:28 PM »
KOF13's result from last night @ GGA
 1: James (n0thing89)
 2: Bzerk
 3: GLtheBest
 4: Syxx
 5: Humbag
 5: Dizzy
 7: Perseo
 7: Tolanks
 9: Thwak
 9: RVNR
 9: Mike T

Good shit to everybody that came out last night, james I still hate your king lol.

Hopefully someone has the actual brackets like before?

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2011, 03:56:29 AM »
Good shit to everybody that came out last night, james I still hate your king lol.

Hopefully someone has the actual brackets like before?

You should ask Aki for an image of the brackets, I believe he's the Lokodero(spelling?) guy in SRK. So have I taken Lebron's title of "King James" yet? lmao. Also here is the link to Medina's archive of the KOF matches on stream featuring the top 4... http://www.twitch.tv/medina4life/b/302737499

Matches featured in order:
1. GLtheBest vs James (Winner's Final)
2. Syxx vs Bzerk (Loser's Semi-Final)
3. GLtheBest vs Bzerk (Loser's Final)
4. James vs Bzerk (Grand Finals)

KOF13's results @GGA (12/15/11) with teams as far as my memory goes: 11 entrants... I thought it was 10.
 1: James (Andy, K', King/King, K', Kyo)
 2: Bzerk (Mature, Kyo, Takuma/Kyo, Billy, Takuma/Mature, Billy, Saiki)
 3: GLtheBest (Kyo, K', Takuma)
 4: Syxx (King, Kula, Elisabeth/Athena, Kula Elisabeth)
 5: Humbag (Daimon, Raiden, Takuma/Terry, Raiden, Daimon)
 5: Dizzy (Andy, Kyo, Shen)
 7: Perseo (Iori, K', Kula)
 7: Tolanks (Leona, Athena, Yuri)
 9: Thwak (?)
 9: RVNR (?)
 9: Mike T (?)

Apparently Jefferson Park(Blue Line) breeds the best KOFXIII players, lol. Team JP(Jefferson Park) all day!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 04:26:50 AM by n0thin89 »
Mad Angels all day
Excuse me, do you know anything about the Mad Angels?
- Ryo Hazuki

MightyMar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2011, 07:55:01 PM »
I can never make it out to any of these events. Tired of not having anyone to play in my general area (Aurora). Its the largest suburb in IL, and no one lives here that plays. The fuck is this bullshit? 

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2011, 11:20:59 PM »
I can never make it out to any of these events. Tired of not having anyone to play in my general area (Aurora). Its the largest suburb in IL, and no one lives here that plays. The fuck is this bullshit? 

do you have any type of gatherings at all out there in aurora?   U might have to start you own scene like we have been doing in the city and @ gga.  Were usually 1-2 setups running only kof  among  8-10  setups running Mahvel/SSF4 AE.   

Its tough man hang in there

orka

• New Challenger
  • We Are All One
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2011, 11:52:39 PM »
I'll most likely be at GGA again on Monday. Don't worry, I have Saiki on my console now lol. Also, are '98 Iori and NESTS Kyo necessary?

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2011, 10:40:21 AM »
I'll most likely be at GGA again on Monday. Don't worry, I have Saiki on my console now lol. Also, are '98 Iori and NESTS Kyo necessary?

GGA monday? Don't u mean Ignite? lol. For '98 Iori and NESTS Kyo, not sure yet since i've only seen one person use '98 Iori in a tournament. I bought '98 Iori anyway since it's just $5, comes with a stage, character theme, and of course Iori wit that power. NESTS Kyo is looking hype tho if you've seen the video, and I like the Esaka stage when I played on it randomly online.

Hopefully we can get some RanBats going at ignite this monday and show capcom players how badass KOFXIII is. As usual I will bring my PS3 setup on monday for KOFXIII only. This time I will be there very early around 5:30-5:45pm. Last time I went there around 6:15-6:20pm and all 6 setups were taken, which has never happened that early before. 5 of them were capcom setups and 1 KOF. Hopefully we could make it an even 2 AE2012, 2 UMVC3, and 2 KOF setup. It's nice to see a bunch of new faces there tho. Ignite is growing closer to the size of the GGA gatherings.

Also, we gotta get more of Chicago to signup on Dream Cancel. We're the 8th best viewed and replied thread in the "Offline Matchmaking" boards, lol. Let's make top 5!!!!
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

orka

• New Challenger
  • We Are All One
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »
O yea, I meant Ignite. Durrrrrrrrr.

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »
Reminder for tomorrow @ ignite network, I will be running the first of kofXIII 1$ ranbats,  come out and level up!

MightyMar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 01:43:20 AM »

do you have any type of gatherings at all out there in aurora?   U might have to start you own scene like we have been doing in the city and @ gga.  Were usually 1-2 setups running only kof  among  8-10  setups running Mahvel/SSF4 AE.   

Its tough man hang in there

Nope. Their are no true "serious players" out here in Aurora and I already know about gga. Everyone should hop  on skype so we can do matchup discussions/esoteric right now and use that as a tool for matchmaking when the patch comes out.

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2011, 04:02:30 PM »
Reminder for tomorrow @ ignite network, I will be running the first of kofXIII 1$ ranbats,  come out and level up!

I'll be promoting the crap outta this thread/website over at Ignite tonight. Gonna get more Chicago players signing up.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 01:35:35 AM »
Last minute Change of plans, im not gonn be able to make it to ignite tonight hopefully someone else can pick up and ru kofXIII ranbats tonight in my absence At least EX Kyo drops tomorrow #HYPE

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »
Last minute Change of plans, im not gonn be able to make it to ignite tonight hopefully someone else can pick up and ru kofXIII ranbats tonight in my absence At least EX Kyo drops tomorrow #HYPE

Sucks dat Nests Kyo doesn't come out on PSN today. Playing him right now on Xbox. Good thing u didn't come to ignite last night bzerk. We probably would've played 1st round again n lost.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

orka

• New Challenger
  • We Are All One
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2011, 04:31:08 PM »
GGs last night. I still sort of blow, but think I want Ralf as the new point man.