Author Topic: Chicago Area/ midwest Scene  (Read 242298 times)

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
Re: Chicago Area/ midwest Scene
« Reply #1170 on: March 15, 2013, 05:48:52 PM »
What's the venue fee at this place?

It's $5 when Efo, Luis, and I went there last night. Then $5 for a tournament. I wonder if it's still $5 if we show up on a different day, that'll be cool for us. I would really like to get most if not all the kof players to show up to this place.
Mad Angels all day
Excuse me, do you know anything about the Mad Angels?
- Ryo Hazuki

Suiname

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 15, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »
Yeah, sounds good.  If you do it on Thursdays I could make it every once in a while, but probably not too often.  It's not all about me though, so do whatever's good for everyone.  Everyone level up, UFGT is around the corner and there's a lot of strong players coming.

souf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 15, 2013, 07:44:21 PM »
keep in mind we can meet at my new crib every other week starting in april. either tuesdays or thursdays. lets figure out which one should be which day. id say the deciding factor should be the price for EXP on tuesdays. if thursday is their only $5 deal, then that decides that.

we can even do fridays at my place once in a while...sometimes im lazy or just dont feel like wasting the gas going all the way to pazzo when all us kof guys live closer to each other than that. like tonight, im not going. catch yall at ignite...i need to save gas

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #1173 on: March 15, 2013, 08:17:48 PM »
keep in mind we can meet at my new crib every other week starting in april. either tuesdays or thursdays. lets figure out which one should be which day. id say the deciding factor should be the price for EXP on tuesdays. if thursday is their only $5 deal, then that decides that.

we can even do fridays at my place once in a while...sometimes im lazy or just dont feel like wasting the gas going all the way to pazzo when all us kof guys live closer to each other than that. like tonight, im not going. catch yall at ignite...i need to save gas

I wouldn't say "all" kof guys live in the city. There are some suburb players out there and just some freakin far(IFD players/NIU players).

I wanna take advantage of what is offered at exp tho. Nice place, nice chairs, nice floors... Just nice overall. Plus he's allowing us to bring our own things. I forgot to mention that if we(kof players) come on a different day, he said to call them up and let them know. The exp guy I talked to is named "Bobby". Maybe he could hook/help us out if we negotiate/talk it out.

I'm looking forward to next Thursday. You should go Mike and use that sweet talk. Everybody should go to this place and check it out... If they're off, of course.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #1174 on: March 16, 2013, 02:19:44 PM »
GGs to Randal, GLB, and Clayton at game pazzo last night. There was two setups and we had about 7 players playing kof. Jonathan, Jerome, and Byron were the other kof players playing.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

souf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 16, 2013, 06:55:19 PM »
jerome the marvel player? niiiice

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #1176 on: March 16, 2013, 10:51:00 PM »
jerome the marvel player? niiiice

Not the Asian Jerome. Lol.

Also, is Noah still having a kof gathering at his place? I told Jonathan and Randal about it.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

souf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 18, 2013, 03:33:09 AM »
ah, well...which ever jerome it is. shout outs to more players. and hopefully these new players actually like playing with us  ;)

sucks i missed noahs. it bums me out that work distracts me/stresses me out enough to completely forget plans to play the only game i really like lol. fuck my job. fuck getting old.

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #1178 on: March 18, 2013, 03:34:49 AM »
ah, well...which ever jerome it is. shout outs to more players. and hopefully these new players actually like playing with us  ;)

sucks i missed noahs. it bums me out that work distracts me/stresses me out enough to completely forget plans to play the only game i really like lol. fuck my job. fuck getting old.

Maxima had it in last night. Special guest appearance by Bzerk tomorrow at ignite. Hopefully.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

Efo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 18, 2013, 05:01:51 PM »
Hey how do you do the Ex Iori rekka cancels. I am doing the  ;dn ;df ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;a but I am doing it so fast that I get DM to come out. Also does it matter what rekkas I use because I am doing two ;a version rekkas. Just to be clear I am not trying to play Ex Iori but practicing rekka cancels seems to help Mr. Karate and Ryo midscreen HD combos.

Suiname

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 18, 2013, 06:10:22 PM »
Rekka cancels are just really hard man, even Mario says so.  Basically unless you are godlike, you should probably only be trying to rekka empty cancel when you don't have a drive stock, otherwise like you've already seen, your super will come out. 

Efo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 18, 2013, 06:24:48 PM »
Rekka cancels are just really hard man, even Mario says so.  Basically unless you are godlike, you should probably only be trying to rekka empty cancel when you don't have a drive stock, otherwise like you've already seen, your super will come out. 

Have to try regardless... Maybe I am doing it too fast but I am suppose to enter the DM motion before the second rekka or during the second rekka?

Suiname

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 18, 2013, 07:05:57 PM »
Have to try regardless... Maybe I am doing it too fast but I am suppose to enter the DM motion before the second rekka or during the second rekka?
you can do it either way, I find it's a bit easier to do it after the 2nd one, but I've seen it done both ways.

Efo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 18, 2013, 09:04:10 PM »
you can do it either way, I find it's a bit easier to do it after the 2nd one, but I've seen it done both ways.

so after the second rekka... i just need to slow down the input

Efo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 18, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »
Suiname question Ex Kyo he is mainly rush down right / safe jump or is that the other Kyo