Author Topic: Toronto/Southern Ontario KOF (including XIII!)  (Read 30515 times)

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
Re: Toronto/Southern Ontario KOF (including XIII!)
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2011, 09:12:54 PM »
Hey guys, I JUST realized that this thread was here haha anyway, some of you may have seen me at getty (big black guy, played andy, yuri and hwa jai).  Point is, i'm looking to STRONGLY support kof 13, including organizing/running tournies, round robins, special side events, etc. to boost this scene! The first tournament i'm looking to organize will be on December 17th, so look out for that.  Also, either after that tournament or just before, I will be hosting weekly or bi-weekly casuals either at my house, A&C games (near spadina station), Hero's World (somewhat near getty) and/or other venues.  Thoughts?

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 10:40:27 PM »
Yeah, mastaroth and I were talking yesterday, and he said he was looking at A&C as a potential place to hold gatherings.  I know that the airdasher guys are talking about maybe doing months events there, too, though I dunno if KOF guys would want to be attached with them or not (but it'd sure be more convenient for me that way *laughs* ).

I'm cool with most weekend stuff, after NEC.  I can bring a PS3 setup, in case we'd need an extra one (can bring a monitor as well if there's convenient free parking for me to not have to take public transit).  Don't care too much about where, but HW is pretty out there, so I'd prefer somewhere else.  Would offer to host as well, but the last time I did that for a gathering, people didn't want to come back, so that's probably a sign *laughs*
Old man/bad player

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 12:21:11 AM »
Feel free to PM me or send me your number via PM also to discuss any details about anything KOF/the KOF scene related (this applies to mastaroth and whoever else).  I go to A&C quite often and i'm almost positive they would be willing to accomodate us.  Airdasher guys....? as in BB/AH3 players? sounds like a plan.  I think it would be really important for us to be involved with the SF/MvC guys, due to their numbers and the potential exposure.

My house (near pmall) is usually a viable option, with the following rules kept in mind:

-clean up after yourself
-NO SMOKING INSIDE.  If you must, smoke outside and air yourself out. 
- (If possible), help the cause by bringing a system and/or a stick.

I also have a camcorder, so we can record stuff.  HW is a bit inconvenient for me also, just wanted to mention it though.  They didn't want to come back?!? lol what happened?

GGs TSF! it was fun playing you.  We need to play again soon.  If anybody wants to chat, feel free to post on here or PM me.  Let's strive for a friendly, helpful community that is above the drama :D

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2011, 03:54:08 AM »
Nice to have some activity in this thread for a change *laughs*

Airdasher guys....? as in BB/AH3 players? sounds like a plan.  I think it would be really important for us to be involved with the SF/MvC guys, due to their numbers and the potential exposure.
Yeah, BB/AH3/Melty (GG, too, but I don't think anyone plays just that as a main game anymore, and I'm probably the only guy outside of waterloo who puts any time into HnK *laughs* ).  Of course, it'd be good to get some mingling going on with as many other communities as possible, but I was just mentioning the airdashers since I'm into some of those as well, while I don't really like SF4/MvC3/MK9 *laughs*

They didn't want to come back?!? lol what happened?
Probably a mixture of my place being kind of out of the way (even though I'm close to gety and I gave rides from transit stops), there not being much selection for places to eat without taking a car, the HVAC sucking (so it tends to be a little on the chilly side, though it's better now that the windows are tarped over for winter), and the BB community having a bunch of people who talk about wanting to play the game but won't put in any effort to actually go somewhere for casuals.  Not saying EVERYONE who likes BB is like that, just the particular players I know are more like that than not in general.
Old man/bad player

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 06:17:53 AM »
I see.  I have played sf4/mk/mvc3 since they came out and man... do those games lack depth and quality.  I'm not saying we should hang out with them to be super chummy and main those games, i'm saying we can make a good impression, get some of them trying the game and taking an interest and all of a sudden we (hopefully) have 24+ ppl every tournament.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 03:49:32 PM »
Of course nobody's saying that we all have to learn SF4 to try getting people into KOF *laughs* .  Just at least show them the game and try to get them hype for it.

Anyway, if things start out small, then for casual get-togethers, we can do what we've been doing for AH3 in waterloo: everyone has multiple entries (character-locked and trying to avoid repeating characters) until you fill out a decent sized bracket (been using 32-man bracket for ~6 people in AH3).  It might sound sort of strange and awkward, but it's actually a pretty fun way of getting experience playing with/against a lot of the characters.  I guess since KOF is 3v3, we could relax the "no repeated characters" part a bit, though I can definitely come up with at least 3 complete teams of different characters I'd like to play since the cast in XIII is so awesome *laughs* .
Old man/bad player

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 05:45:01 PM »
interesting... Have you ever run into a situation where a player runs into himself later in the bracket?

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2011, 06:11:31 PM »
Yeah, that happens (especially when some people are too lazy to enter more than twice and then someone else has to enter like 6 times to make up for it *laughs* ).  You just pick whichever one of your entries you want to advance and move on.
Old man/bad player

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 05:35:18 AM »
Lol interesting.  I doubt we will have to do much of that with this game.  Where is the rest of the T.O scene to discuss this with?? lol

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2011, 05:14:24 AM »
hey, when are you guys free next week for kof 13 casuals at a&c or my place?

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 03:51:11 PM »
I'm busy until NEC, at least, sadly  :( .  Hope I actually get a chance to squeeze in some training mode before heading out for that *laughs*
Old man/bad player

nicebento

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 05:04:19 PM »
Hey guys,

I looking for some cool people to play KOF with, online/offline.

I've been playing KOF for a long time(since KOF 96). I got my first taste of KOF when i was living in europe.
I just really looking to level up my game up some cool people. i've tried playing at A&C but too many people on a wed night...

I am going to grab my copy today and if anyone wants to play just hit me up.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2011, 10:20:30 PM »
Revise me to being busy until the new year.  Business trip.  Perfect timing, huh?  So hype for XIII, and fate decides I'll need to wait about a month more *laughs* .
Old man/bad player

Ernovaku

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2011, 04:26:40 PM »
Hey guys just so u know it looks like most of a&C will be playing KOF regularly as it has been received well by pretty much every1. I am meeting up with 2-3 players looking to get in more offline on Friday and it looks like Tuesdays will be a regular "niche" night at A&C with AH3,KOF, and even MK.

If any of you guys wanna come just msg me and I can confirm meetup times and what not.

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2011, 10:24:28 PM »
Nice to meet all of you guys! I'm 100% behind the efforts to expand this scene. The game is so good!
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori: