Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 408309 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #1200 on: July 25, 2011, 09:14:26 PM »
No idea why anyone even bothers looking at the chat, I always pop the video out when streaming and close the chat.
Because I see some nice people really interested in the game like Nicalm or Gunsmith there, and Kusogaki I think. And english is easier for me reading than listening.

Don't be discouraged, fighting games streams are the place for the most retarded comments in the internet
I will be honest, I'm terribly discouraged. Don't know if you heard anything about last news in Oslo, Norway, but all that rascist bullshit and all that trolling in the chat was too much for me.

There was some OK Mai gameplay somewhere in there too. It was nice to see fairly heavy use of her air dive into Musasabi no Mai, did a nice job of messing some players up. I was wondering if you were watching at that point Shiranui, lol.
Really? Wow, these are great news. Now I'm really pissed because I left! :S  I'll try to see the vid if I have some time. Thanks to inform me :)
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 25, 2011, 09:29:13 PM »
I start to watch the stream. Then I started to read the live chat. And I left.

It wasn't all horrible in the chat. For example, we got to help the streamers promote that XIII willl be at Evo side tourney. Also got to answer some peoples questions, and there were some that were genuinely happy to get real answers from other kind people.

Oh, and shout out to 4Leaf, for holding start to pump those classic themes throughout the stream, lol. Arashi No Saxaphone and Esaka put a good amount of people in a good mood.

There were a good amount of people from here, GAF, and Prof from MMC making some chat in there as well. At points, it felt more like a nice community chat, rather than a stream chat.

There was some OK Mai gameplay somewhere in there too. It was nice to see fairly heavy use of her air dive into Musasabi no Mai, did a nice job of messing some players up. I was wondering if you were watching at that point Shiranui, lol.

None of the commentators aside from haunts really had any access to the stream chat. He gets to sit in front of the laptop with the stream chat and A/V equipment while we sit in front of a small monitor to focus a bit more on the match. That said, we miss a lot of what you guys say in chat, so we usually don't address it unless haunts brings it to our attention. So, a big thank you to you guys who contribute positively in chat to those who might be new to KOF or just have questions that we may or may not get around to.

I tried to be a bit more analytical and explanatory during commentary, so any feedback on how that went would be helpful. I know I went a lot into the scene and the state of things and just trying to promote the game and EVO, so I apologize for not really sticking to match commentary at times.

As others have stated, don't be averted from watching a stream just because of the stream chat. Whether it's KOF or any fighting game, people will troll just to troll. Close chat and enjoy the matches.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: July 25, 2011, 09:38:22 PM »
I was disappointed at some of the people doing the commentaries, specially when they didn't know their stuff. Heck, someone said that KOF XII didn't even have a training mode, that lid up a whole lot of stupid commentaries in the chat. *shakes head*
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:44:31 PM by DarKaoZ »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 25, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »
Sounded like some heavy networking, good shit!! If we promote thses to the right people it wi8ll help the scene and the game get more notice
" you fight well in the old style"

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: July 25, 2011, 09:45:30 PM »
@Fata, from the small bit of commentating I heard you did a great job! All you really need is more experience OR someone who's already well versed in commentating to lead you on a bit. You have all the knowledge and you aren't afraid to talk so after a few more tries your commentating should increase in skill ten fold.

@Dark, A couple of us actually stood outside for a bit discussing the commentary and how it went today. Overall we concluded that it went pretty well but we should be a bit more selective on the commentators. I think what they're going to go for next week is someone with a ton of knowledge about the game and one more experienced commentator (ipw crew) to lead on the questions. But yeah, RogerDodger and Haunts don't know a lot about KOF 13 and they don't try to pretend they do. They're there because they're really good at commentating and can help the more technical commentator along. I think next time should be a lot better.

GoldenGlove

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: July 25, 2011, 09:59:20 PM »
The stream was great overall, the only time I was disappointed in the commentary was when someone used their time on the mic to basically just trash talk Capcom, even throwing out the never-classy "Crapcom". Later on I think the same commentator went on a similar tangent about the Smash community, despite RogerDodger's attempts to redirect him back to the match at hand. It's not that I'm upset out of some deep love for Capcom or Smash, it's just that lame fanboyism isn't the kind of representation that KoF needs.

But yeah, fantastic stuff from all of the players and 99% of the commentary.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:01:33 PM by GoldenGlove »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:27 PM »
@Dark, A couple of us actually stood outside for a bit discussing the commentary and how it went today. Overall we concluded that it went pretty well but we should be a bit more selective on the commentators. I think what they're going to go for next week is someone with a ton of knowledge about the game and one more experienced commentator (ipw crew) to lead on the questions. But yeah, RogerDodger and Haunts don't know a lot about KOF 13 and they don't try to pretend they do. They're there because they're really good at commentating and can help the more technical commentator along. I think next time should be a lot better.

There is no problem in having people not knowing about the game and then learn stuff while watching. The problem is when people who starts talking and say their thing as they know what they are talking about when that is not the case. Is better to hear "I'm not sure about it, but it looks like (insert stuff), hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong" than "Yeah, this happens when you do this this and this" when in reality none of those "this" happen or work.

But the moments when those commentaries happen were minimal, but just something that bothered me at times. Still it was a great stream to watch and I had fun seen the matches.

I would recommend, if it's possible, to have a Wiki with the game mechanics there so people who don't know and commentate can read and learn about the game and discuss that in the stream. I think that could work fine.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 25, 2011, 10:14:38 PM »
Yeah that's what I was getting at. I think I know which parts of the commentary you were referring to. If you have any suggestions at all you can post up here or PM me. I'll be sure to talk to Haunts about stuff ASAP for you guys.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: July 25, 2011, 10:30:59 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback guys. We definitely always want to represent our community in a positive light, whether that's in-person, on forums, or on streams.

The stream was great overall, the only time I was disappointed in the commentary was when someone used their time on the mic to basically just trash talk Capcom, even throwing out the never-classy "Crapcom". Later on I think the same commentator went on a similar tangent about the Smash community, despite RogerDodger's attempts to redirect him back to the match at hand. It's not that I'm upset out of some deep love for Capcom or Smash, it's just that lame fanboyism isn't the kind of representation that KoF needs.

But yeah, fantastic stuff from all of the players and 99% of the commentary.

I definitely wasn't around to hear any of this kind of talk, but it is rather disappointing. I'll see if we can work on having fixed commentators and having them rotate. I feel like there's enough trolling on stream chat, so the commentary should try its best to be spot on and focused.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. I think I know which parts of the commentary you were referring to. If you have any suggestions at all you can post up here or PM me. I'll be sure to talk to Haunts about stuff ASAP for you guys.

The thread is going a bit off topic, so if we want to further discuss the event, we should keep that discussion in this thread: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=941.0

My apologies for starting a discussion in the improper area. Regardless, thanks for all your responses regarding the event.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: July 26, 2011, 12:00:40 AM »
So I'm thinking we should compile a list DC'ers who are going to EVO and post it here. -Kane317
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:24:23 AM by Kane317 »
" you fight well in the old style"

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: July 26, 2011, 12:23:25 AM »
So I'm thinking we should compile a list DC'ers who are going to EVO.

Go for it!

Count me in!
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: July 26, 2011, 03:03:19 PM »
Ill be there reppin chi-town!

Dechimo

• New Challenger
  • KOF Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 26, 2011, 04:50:15 PM »
I would like to see these stages return in Kof Xlll

PSN: kimkaphan

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 26, 2011, 06:37:15 PM »
^Definitely, always really liked the Russian and whale stages.

A  KOFXII-like zoom option would be awesome as well. I was rewatching an old Arcade Infinity vid from 2009 recently (found it on my comp) and loved the zoomed view of the game.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 26, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »
^Definitely, always really liked the Russian and whale stages.

A  KOFXII-like zoom option would be awesome as well. I was rewatching an old Arcade Infinity vid from 2009 recently (found it on my comp) and loved the zoomed view of the game.

Unfortunately it seemed that most people hated the zoom. Maybe if the sprites were a higher resolution it would have been received better. Though I suspect there were some that found it distracting regardless.