Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 408090 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2011, 02:00:01 PM »
But let's say KOF XIII has a bad online. All those who has been watching one vid after another of the game, entering here and talking and posting your enthusiasm for the game, dying to play it, commenting combos and gameplay, reading here and there... Will you say that this game is crap because it has a bad online? Will you afirm that KOF XIII is the same bad game XII was?

Then I won't buy it, simple as that.

I see ppl bitching and moaning for console extras and what not but I would honestly pay full price for the game if it only came with practice mode and excellent netcode.

no just because the online is bad does not mean that the whole game is bad but as i said i have absolutely no competition where i live for any fighting game yes i can spend multiple hours practicing and getting better but how am i or anyone else who is still a fledgeling KoF player going to learn by just playing against the computer

Right on, this genre is all about 2P.

XIII doesn't need good netcode.

Bullshit.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2011, 02:28:40 PM »
While I will judge the port and netcode separately, KOFXIII NEEDS good netcode. It has to be better than SFIV and, preferably, on par with BlazBlue Calamity Trigger. Furthermore, our scene needs the game to have good netcode. We have a small but dedicated player base. We need more players in order for the SNK scene to be taken seriously.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2011, 02:48:35 PM »
SF4 / MvC3 are taken seriously and they have terrible netcode.
Even with good netcode, nobody in USA will take it seriously. USA doesn't care about games that aren't thoughtless and unbalanced.

John, the game can grow with local scenes. Is it really that hard to understand?
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #198 on: June 21, 2011, 07:10:04 PM »
@Remzi

MVC 3 netcode is fucked up but playable (about 1 in 3 it's laggy for me, the rest play fine - but not as good as ssf4).SSF4 netcode is good.There are a lot of players now in tournaments that came from the online (not all cities have a fighting game scene) and the best example is Wolfkrone - How the fuck is he so good if the netcode was "unplayable , or shit"? This is a must because not all of us have local competition or any competition in out area.I play ssf4 time to time on psn and works more than decent for me and most of the people i know - if they do not have shitty internet.Those bitchin about the sff4 netcode have either realy bad internet conexions or they like to talk nonsense.It's not 100% like the offline but is more than playable and good for training.
If playmore could deliver at least a mvc 3 online i would be surprised but bad netcode like XII or mk9 will just kill the game.They might as well not advertise this as online compatible and sell it with 30 $.

@nilcam, or who started that ask Atlus topic - when are we gonna see some answers to some of those questions ?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 07:15:47 PM by KBlackNoah »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 21, 2011, 07:41:52 PM »
Aram is working on it. I'm sure with everything going on (netcode freak out, ROM leak, etc.) Atlus is going to take some time to get everything perfect. I'm sure they're in crisis mode.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2011, 09:42:18 PM »
ok thank you.One more thing .. i wrote this in ask atlus topic..more as a rant than a question but can you ask Atlus if they are willing to release an online demo to test/improve the online before launch?A lot of people will get it and play online so no more excuses like we didn't tested this but only with 100 people or there are too many people online at the same time bulshit :)

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2011, 10:00:28 PM »
I just hope that when and if SNKP/ATLUS do plan an online beta, that websites like IGN, Gamesradar, Destructoid, Gametrailers/Screwattack(cause they have a lot of traffic on their site) covering the scoop cause kof xiii is going to need all of the attention it can get before release, so we dont end up with MVC3 or MK9 style netcode

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2011, 05:48:01 AM »
Is it even possible to beta the netcode online?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2011, 05:49:16 AM »
Is it even possible to beta the netcode online?

Yes is possible, that is how all the shooters do it.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2011, 09:22:22 PM »
Anyone know what No.17, Dune etc think of a balance patch? Does the arcade scene there even want one?

When Capcom patched 3rd Strike, the new version (which didn't have Urien's ublockables etc.) got completely ignored and ppl stuck with the original.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2011, 11:22:18 PM »
That was because like Alpha 3 Upper, A2G, and VS2/VH2 all they did was take away things that made the game better without really working on the balance. 3rd Strike ver. B was especially bad with taking away Urien and Oro's Unblockables *Which can be stopped by parry* and lowered the stun Mak can get off of SAII without really touching Chun & Yun.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2011, 01:12:53 AM »
Taking out unblockables is... bad?

Okay.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2011, 02:16:49 AM »
Taking out unblockables is... bad?

Okay.

It's bad because it took away some tools from some characters who at best are above average and didn't take any tools from the already top characters which in turn makes them even more dangerous due to not having to worry about those tactics no longer being there.  You basically screw someone over and then leave the others as is which makes them even more powerful.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2011, 02:22:54 AM »
These "tools" you speak of are the equivalent of leaving the EX bugs and infinites in XIII, they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 23, 2011, 03:50:39 AM »
These "tools" you speak of are the equivalent of leaving the EX bugs and infinites in XIII, they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Thing is you don't get many chances to do Urien's shit.  It requires two super bars to do the Aegis setups.  So it isn't something that's easily abusable.  And if you mess it up, you don't really have another chance to do it again.