Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404216 times)

Dechimo

• New Challenger
  • KOF Forever
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #570 on: July 06, 2011, 03:34:07 AM »
chazumaru from MMCafe translated french post about Billy, Saiki and Esaka

[spoiler]Oh my god...
Oh my god...
Holy shit...
It seems the consumer version is going to be FUCKING AWESOME !!

I just came back from two intense hours with the debug X360 version and it k-i-c-k-s a-s-s.

Obviously since it was debug, there are some stages which are not completed yet (some second rounds came with a full green background), all musics are not included yet, there are missing outfit colors for the characters, the roster is not complete (all the characters from the arcade version are there, as well as new ones, but you feel there is room for more), but even with the glimpse that I got, I am confident the final result will be absolute bliss.\o/

No worry about the major concern we had, regarding the big pixels I mentioned earlier, actually my friend had tried the game on a non-Full HD television set, but on a fine TV, it's as beautiful as the arcade version (and maybe even better thanks to the bigger screen).

Please treat the following information cautiously as the final version might turn out very differently but, for now, available from the get go and in addition to the Arcade version characters, you have:

- Billy Kane (well, among all the characters they could have added, I could have seen other choices, such as Saishû Kusanagi or Vanessa, but it's still cool)
- Saiki (but in a version which is neither him barechested and beefy, nor the silhouette. Here he looks a lot like Ash with long hair, but his moveset is verrrrrrry interesting =p)

I saw no Boss because we kept playing VS, but who knows, there might be a good surprise.

I noticed 4 or 5 new stages alongside the ones from the arcade version, some of them clearly not finished yet, but each one looked more gorgeous than the other. Billy's steampunk background is awesome, the one lit only by red torches conveys the same feeling as some oldschool KOF stages, the two stages which were not finished and on a fixed plane should kick ass (a deserted backstreet and ruins in the middle of nature), the one which is located in a sort of airplane is nice, I think I forgot some other new stages but most importantly, the KOF96 stage for Team Japan returns in a 2011 updated version (with the bystanders in the background and all that). Even better, the BGM is Esaka! (that blew my brain out)

Otherwise, the game is as nervous and fast paced as in the arcade version, with very tight controls (unfortunately, Xbox pads are the worst thing ever to try out fighting games, but we had no sticks =/)

Didn't try the Gallery mode and other mission/online/etc bullshit, but among the four people who tried it with me, even those who are not big fighting game fans, everyone agreed: IT. ROCKS.[/spoiler]

Now it comes to my mind Saiki's portraits posted by SNKP for XIII's arcade version countdown...

I hope that is true and also I'm very interested on see normal Saiki, what kind of moveset he will show us at
least i hope is different from Ash

PSN: kimkaphan

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 06, 2011, 05:25:48 AM »
Well, that guy said Saiki has a verrrrrrry interesting moveset, he didn't said he was like Ash's gameplay-wise, so i think he will be diferent from Ash.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 06, 2011, 05:28:00 AM »
A heads up. Iplaywinner is going to be streaming KOFXIII ranbats on sunday all day apparently.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 06, 2011, 05:45:08 AM »
A heads up. Iplaywinner is going to be streaming KOFXIII ranbats on sunday all day apparently.

Really? Are they going to use the Arcade version? Or did they got their hands on the Console version?

Hmm... I wonder if the questions nilcam send got already answered and he is just waiting for permission to post them.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 06, 2011, 05:46:42 AM »

Really? Are they going to use the Arcade version? Or did they got their hands on the Console version?

Hmm... I wonder if the questions nilcam send got already answered and he is just waiting for permission to post them.

I think he's talking about South Town Arcade's ranbats.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 06, 2011, 05:48:11 AM »

That makes more sense.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 06, 2011, 05:53:43 AM »

That makes more sense.

Yup this is what's going down. Start time is listed as 5pm but since it's Haunts stream is probably gonna go up at like 6 haha. But Southtown is in charge of this so there is a chance it'll start on time.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 06, 2011, 07:37:18 AM »
chazumaru from MMCafe translated french post about Billy, Saiki and Esaka

[spoiler]Oh my god...
Oh my god...
Holy shit...
It seems the consumer version is going to be FUCKING AWESOME !!

I just came back from two intense hours with the debug X360 version and it k-i-c-k-s a-s-s.

Obviously since it was debug, there are some stages which are not completed yet (some second rounds came with a full green background), all musics are not included yet, there are missing outfit colors for the characters, the roster is not complete (all the characters from the arcade version are there, as well as new ones, but you feel there is room for more), but even with the glimpse that I got, I am confident the final result will be absolute bliss.\o/

No worry about the major concern we had, regarding the big pixels I mentioned earlier, actually my friend had tried the game on a non-Full HD television set, but on a fine TV, it's as beautiful as the arcade version (and maybe even better thanks to the bigger screen).

Please treat the following information cautiously as the final version might turn out very differently but, for now, available from the get go and in addition to the Arcade version characters, you have:

- Billy Kane (well, among all the characters they could have added, I could have seen other choices, such as Saishû Kusanagi or Vanessa, but it's still cool)
- Saiki (but in a version which is neither him barechested and beefy, nor the silhouette. Here he looks a lot like Ash with long hair, but his moveset is verrrrrrry interesting =p)

I saw no Boss because we kept playing VS, but who knows, there might be a good surprise.

I noticed 4 or 5 new stages alongside the ones from the arcade version, some of them clearly not finished yet, but each one looked more gorgeous than the other. Billy's steampunk background is awesome, the one lit only by red torches conveys the same feeling as some oldschool KOF stages, the two stages which were not finished and on a fixed plane should kick ass (a deserted backstreet and ruins in the middle of nature), the one which is located in a sort of airplane is nice, I think I forgot some other new stages but most importantly, the KOF96 stage for Team Japan returns in a 2011 updated version (with the bystanders in the background and all that). Even better, the BGM is Esaka! (that blew my brain out)

Otherwise, the game is as nervous and fast paced as in the arcade version, with very tight controls (unfortunately, Xbox pads are the worst thing ever to try out fighting games, but we had no sticks =/)

Didn't try the Gallery mode and other mission/online/etc bullshit, but among the four people who tried it with me, even those who are not big fighting game fans, everyone agreed: IT. ROCKS.[/spoiler]

Now it comes to my mind Saiki's portraits posted by SNKP for XIII's arcade version countdown...

I totally forgot about Saiki in that form. Can't wait to see how he comes out. Wonder if his moves have anything to do with time displacement; just hope he's got potential to be mid-boss hard and not final boss hard.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 06, 2011, 09:29:23 AM »
For me the arcade version + 1-2 extra characters + modes like time attack, survival challenge would be more than enough for console version but it looks like SNKp prepared a lot of new content for the home port. If they get the netcode right and do good marketing it will be the official ressurection of the series. I like how forums like SRK give so much attention to XIII.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 06, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »

Anyone know if those Southtown guys are any good at the game?

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 06, 2011, 03:33:35 PM »
^Outta nowhere.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 06, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »
even though i hate apple products i'd buy a iphone or what ever just to play that

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 06, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »
Anyone know if those Southtown guys are any good at the game?

Yes. Most of them were still learning the game at mid-level, a few were above avarage and one was a damn monster.

Greenwood

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:34:57 PM by Greenwood »