Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404399 times)

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #840 on: July 12, 2011, 03:06:34 PM »
I'm also inclined to wait for any official word on gameplay changes before jumping to conclusions.  Stuff like 2-stock max cancels or Kim's EX air DM might just be things that SNK was/is testing out with the build that they gave to Atlus.  I'm pretty sure some of the early promotional videos for a lot of fighting games show things that aren't there in the final builds.  XIII is a bit of a special case since the game has been in arcades for a while now, but if SNK is going to make gameplay tweaks (which seems to be the case), I wouldn't take anything they show to heart unless it's officially confirmed.
Old man/bad player

4ButtonFiend

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 12, 2011, 04:21:04 PM »
http://www.kotaku.com/5820017/the-king-of-fighters-xiii-brings-console+exclusive-content-to-north-america-in-october/gallery/
"Atlus narrows down the fall North American release for the console version of The King of Fighters XIII today, promising console-exclusive characters, stages, and game modes galore. Until then, expect screenshots and trailers galore, much like these. See if you can spot some of the console-exclusive content in the trailer of the thirteenth King of Fighters title, and keep an eye out for the new NEO MAX desperation moves, eating up the power gauge three bars at a time. That's why they call it desperation, folks.

Look for The King of Fighters XIII on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this October."

Well, looks like another source is saying "characters", plural,  so billy isn't the only one then. Also more stages, so looks like HD ports of the ones we saw for KOF-I are comming too. The article also mentions NEOMAX moves taking 3 bars. I could really only see them costing 2 bars in 1v1 honestly. It makes the most sense, you only have one character without a team backing you up shit is going to be intense.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 12, 2011, 04:24:43 PM »
Hope they do a seperate trailer introducing each new character.

(if there's more brand new characters like Billy i.e., not something lame like Iori95)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #843 on: July 12, 2011, 06:07:19 PM »
That's nothing, I once read in an spanish forum that XII was a 3d game made on mugen

mugen is way better than XII lmao

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 12, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »
yo guys i got a question it has nothing to do with KoF but i need to know is anyone going to use that steam group i made? cause if not im going to close it

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 13, 2011, 07:56:23 AM »
yo guys i got a question it has nothing to do with KoF but i need to know is anyone going to use that steam group i made? cause if not im going to close it
Maybe I could join. Is there any benefits?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 13, 2011, 08:10:24 AM »
Just a question: Is there any chance there might be frame data somewhere for the game and character specific moves? Just curious.

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 13, 2011, 08:22:44 AM »
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/The_King_of_Fighters_XIII

Kyo's got frame data on srk's wiki, I'm not sure if any of the other characters have it yet.
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 13, 2011, 01:46:34 PM »
I would like to have some official words about these gameplay changes. I hope Atlus/SNKP talk about it soon somewhere. Terry spending 2 stocks for NeoMAX could be just because of Single battle mode.
Perhaps there is a health element to it, a la MAX2 moves in 2002? Some ideas:

1. NeoMaxes can only be done when character is at 1/5th health, but they cost two bars.

2. NeoMaxes can be done normally for 3 bars, but for less when at low health.

I think I'd be okay with this. The air EX DMs are great news, but I honestly don't think Kim needs it specifically. Mai and Athena would definitely, definitely benefit from it though.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 13, 2011, 03:55:39 PM »
Maybe I could join. Is there any benefits?
no not really i just made it cause i heard in one of the pod cast that skype or whatever you guys were using at the time might have been causing lag when you guys were having the '02 matches id figure id make it to see if it would help since steam is pretty much made to run in the back ground of a game

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 13, 2011, 08:33:26 PM »
I remember the early confusion on if neomax's were MAX mode exclusive or not. I liked the idea of HD mode signifying the fact they COULD be used, but it wouldn't make great sense for people with counter NM's like Lizzy and Goro. So I'm glad at the way it turned out, and would appreciate a MAX cancel -> NM buff.

if you are all talking about kula, may i remind you that she has an EXDM that looks like her NM?  ;)

Naa, we're talking about Terry at the video's end. He MAX cancels from Buster Wolf to Trinity Geyser, and the 2 DMs together take a combination of 3 meters. Would be a very interesting change...

could it be because terry's NM is friggin underwhelming?
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 13, 2011, 11:18:06 PM »
Maybe these are little and meaningless news, but in gametrailers.com , the Atlus promo video posted a couple of days ago is in the top 20 (8th place) most viewed videos (for yesterday).

http://www.gametrailers.com/top20.php

Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but it's good to see people getting interested in this game, watching the videos of gameplay,etc,  specially in a place like Gametrailers.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 13, 2011, 11:47:47 PM »
Maybe these are little and meaningless news, but in gametrailers.com , the Atlus promo video posted a couple of days ago is in the top 20 (8th place) most viewed videos (for yesterday).

http://www.gametrailers.com/top20.php

Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but it's good to see people getting interested in this game, watching the videos of gameplay,etc,  specially in a place like Gametrailers.
yeah im pretty much on that site everyday its mostly people who play sf and tekken,MK and mvc3 granted i know there is some interest in KoF there it probably wont last to long if a new game release's it tends to stay popular for a month then it's never heard of again

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 14, 2011, 06:47:12 AM »
Is it me or did Gunsmith just leaked in the latest ON Podcast that Tizoc might be in KOFXIII? lol

I think he says Tizoc but is kinda hard to hear, It's after 1:07:40.

I'm not a fan of Tizoc gameplay, but I do like his design. Still not sure if I'm happy of this, "if" it's true.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 14, 2011, 07:25:16 AM »
only thing i dont like bout podcasts is they always seem to take forever.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!