Author Topic: Questions for Atlus - READ FIRST POST BEFORE REPLYING  (Read 44161 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Atlus - READ FIRST POST BEFORE REPLYING
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2011, 09:13:38 PM »
I agree!  SNK Engrish is part of the game's charm!  Don't fix it because it isn't broken!

Even if we like the Engrish of SNKP, Atlus needs to translate it again, they have a reputation to keep and reviewers won't see the Engrish like intentional. It would be funny and the best solution of Atlus implemented the option to have "Engrish" and English in the text option. People then will know what's up with that and enjoy the small extra.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2011, 09:31:31 PM »
I agree!  SNK Engrish is part of the game's charm!  Don't fix it because it isn't broken!

Even if we like the Engrish of SNKP, Atlus needs to translate it again, they have a reputation to keep and reviewers won't see the Engrish like intentional. It would be funny and the best solution of Atlus implemented the option to have "Engrish" and English in the text option. People then will know what's up with that and enjoy the small extra.

Hahha an Engrish option would be so awesome...older fans of the series would definitely appreciate.

"Dude this is so weird...they're speaking real...English.  Gimme back that Engrish!"

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2011, 09:49:27 PM »
hey peeps why not make a top 3 most wanted things in kof 13, going from most important to least important. everybody join in and make your thopughts known, ill start first:

1:
best possible netcode based on rollback instead of input delay. this is pretty much the only thing thats gonna determin wether 13 does well or not. especially now with sf3tsoe coming out with ggpo, snkp can not lag behind.

2:
extra console characters and backgrounds, along with old kof music if possible.

3:
rebalancing of some characters, mostly nerfing the top 4 (k, raiden, kula & elizabeth), and buffing the bottom 4 (terry, goro, clark & mai).

share your thoughts and let atlus and snkp know what the community needs (and wants). maybe somebody can make a poll with more options to select from. all up to the thread maker. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 09:51:34 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2011, 04:54:35 AM »
1- Awesome netcode

2- DLC support into the future with new characters.  It's cheaper for SNKP than releasing another hard copy, and it's cheaper for the gamers who only pay for the DLC instead of another hard copy.

3- Three language options in the systems menu: Japanese, English, and Engrish

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2011, 05:19:43 AM »

Have you seen any of the English translation for the arcade version? I haven't seen any grammar mistakes thus far, but I could have missed them. In general, though, it seems like the current translation is fine.

I've felt for a while though that SNK's current translations are not as good as they used to be. They're more accurate to the original Japanese (which is good), but all the great word choices ("dweebinheimer," "son of an ice cream maker," etc.) seem to be missing. I really miss that stuff, as it made SNK's writing very memorable.

This isn't really related to the console port, but I wanted to share.

@PurpGuy: I really like your avatar. Also, welcome to DC.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:30:05 AM by Rex Dart »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2011, 05:23:37 AM »
I've felt for a while though that SNK's current translations are not as good as they used to be. They're more accurate to the original Japanese (which is good), but all the great word choices ("dweebinheimer," "son of an ice cream maker," etc.) seem to be missing. I really miss that stuff, as it made SNK's writing very memorable.

Like Terry saying "Yeah, i'm in the pink!" after winning?

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2011, 05:41:31 AM »
Exactly!

Or ALL the dialogue in AOF2. Ryo was such a dick in that game. The KOF series has made him too stoic!

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2011, 09:14:39 AM »
I have seen at least one grammar error in the arcade. It was during story mode.  Ill post a screenshot next time i spot it.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2011, 02:05:26 PM »
@Atlus
Will you implement an online passcode system in XIII?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 02:21:35 PM by a11111357 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2011, 05:40:20 PM »
@Atlus
Will you implement an online passcode system in XIII?

that would be a shame imo. you wouldn't even be able to bring it to a friend or lend it with online functional.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2011, 06:31:47 PM »
yeah, and sometimes they had region lock, so it will be really stupid

Waifu Material

ZMan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Atlus
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2011, 06:35:15 PM »
Also include a strategy guide if someone makes one but yeah Prima sucks.  The XII Bradygames guide was adequate, I was actually surprised they kinda knew what they were talking about.  It's a handy reference item and a great coffee table decoration.

if there is a strategy guide for kof 13, it needs to be like the bible aka the mvc3 strategy guide. love or hate mvc3 anyone would admit that the strategy guide for that game was the best.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2011, 06:57:54 PM »
well if any company does make a guide for a game make sure prima doesn't touch it, the guides are always riddled with mistakes

zeech

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2011, 08:26:59 PM »
Please think of the improvements in KOFXII's netcode post-release as movement in the right direction and a positive FOUNDATION for things to come.

The online functionality in KOFXIII is still VERY early in development and is, more importantly, a HUGE priority.

As soon as we're all decompressed from E3, we'll get to work reviewing your questions and compiling your feedback!

-Aram Jabbari
PR Manager, ATLUS

If the netcode in 13 is still "early" in development then please get SNK to wipe everything, license GGPO and implement, even if it means significant rewriting of the game's code.

I don't know what market ATLUS is targeting.  Ignition seemed to be going for the mass market with 12, whereas Capcom's 3rd Strike Online Edition is obviously aiming for the hardest of the core.

For the latter audience (at least in the West) simply having the letters GGPO in the game is probably the best marketing possible.  The importance will only increase as other titles bring greater awareness of this brand / technology amongst players.

SNK has already lost an immense amount of goodwill amongst players from its previous titles - this KOF is perhaps their last chance, and they shouldnt waste it.  It seems SNK may not be in the best financial position these days, but another barebones port with barely playable netcode is definitely not going to save them, and may instead be the final nail in the coffin.  Adopting a Blizzard-like "when its done" approach, and implementing GGPO (and other industry-best-practice online features) will be a good first step towards recovering their reputation.  I don't know the business arrangement Atlus has with SNK, but if Atlus is acting as a traditional publisher (as opposed to just a distributor), then I hope some funding might be diverted purely for this purpose.

Traditionally japanese devs havent placed much priority on online technology.  Atlus has made a good name for itself as a company willing to listen to its players.  Hopefully they can succeed where Ignition had failed, and convince SNK to finally innovate (or at least match its best competitors) in this crucial area.  It might also be valuable to look outside of the narrow world of Japanese arcade fighting games, and take a look at what other genres have been doing online - Starcraft 2, MMOs, FPS games, Steam, etc.

In game features to help build local communities, like regional lobbies or chat channels, online multiplayer training rooms for mentoring, eSport features like auto-tournaments and video/replay "TV" channels, etc will aid players in promoting the game to their friends.  In Japan fighting games have survived because of the prevalence of arcade centres there.  This kind of infrastructure is missing in most of the world, so it's necessary to duplicate it online in order to aid players in finding others and growing their local communities.

You may want to start recruiting players from around the world (or at least the US) to participate in a closed beta.  Honest, real-life feedback will be key to really demonstrating whether 13's netcode is comparable to its competitors.

(ah... I realise this post has no questions and is just a rant. Oh well.)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:44:48 PM by zeech »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2011, 10:44:41 PM »
so since the producer left whats the chances of exclusive content for the ps3 and 360??