Author Topic: Powerup 2011  (Read 18004 times)

Dark Geese

Re: Powerup 2011
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2011, 10:28:46 PM »
and if he were to play say FHD, he'd be whoring Karnov right now, and not a character that he can make strong with skills...

He did actually. I remember some random mini tourney that had FHD and he used Karnov raped everyone. It's out on youtube somewhere.

Yeah man I came across it looking for some tourney matches last night...

http://youtu.be/5SvoiLEM3CA

A big fat LOL at some of the comments, too...
What?! There's a fighting game for this??? Lol! Nice.

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=695.0

Yep and that's the thread for it right there.

Also guys what is it going to take to get the entire USA at a more competitive skill level so it won't seem like the haves and the have nots????

Sure KOF13 coming out is nice, but again people are going to be way far behind other KOF veterans if they are not learning the older KOFs seriously right now..
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 10:35:01 PM by Dark Geese »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2011, 11:49:59 PM »
Also guys what is it going to take to get the entire USA at a more competitive skill level so it won't seem like the haves and the have nots????

Sure KOF13 coming out is nice, but again people are going to be way far behind other KOF veterans if they are not learning the older KOFs seriously right now..

Cats are simply gonna have to get out there, and simply get other people into the game... I mean the US can't ever say "the graphics are ugly, so I won't play it"... Dudes play ST all day, and its like what a CPS2 board in the early stages-- and not many play SFZ2 or even SFZ3... Plus both 98UM and 2002UM got beefed up visually, so that's no longer a reason...

Petition SNK to fix the netcode of both 2k2UM and 98UM, in conjunction with MOTW and FFS even more... What's funny to me is that people still play UMK3, SSF4, and even T6 with crappy netcode, and 2k2UM's isn't as bad, it just depends on who you're playing...

Advertising also helps... Money talks, too... Hold some tourneys with some serious dough perhaps??? Get more high level players (from all types of fighters) involved and possibly interested... I'm sure that if someone like Aris were to get on KOF, the Tekken heads might follow, same goes for Tom Brady and the DOA/MK players...

DG, I'm pretty sure you can also be the Sentinel assist in getting that hype up, and challenging fools left and right... Plus you and the Arcade Infinity cats can upload and inspire...

Hopefully these podcasts can build some hype...

Exposure over to SRK?? Iunno, I'm just throwing out ideas here...

Dark Geese

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2011, 11:57:59 PM »

Cats are simply gonna have to get out there, and simply get other people into the game... I mean the US can't ever say "the graphics are ugly, so I won't play it"... Dudes play ST all day, and its like what a CPS2 board in the early stages-- and not many play SFZ2 or even SFZ3... Plus both 98UM and 2002UM got beefed up visually, so that's no longer a reason...

Petition SNK to fix the netcode of both 2k2UM and 98UM, in conjunction with MOTW and FFS even more... What's funny to me is that people still play UMK3, SSF4, and even T6 with crappy netcode, and 2k2UM's isn't as bad, it just depends on who you're playing...

Advertising also helps... Money talks, too... Hold some tourneys with some serious dough perhaps??? Get more high level players (from all types of fighters) involved and possibly interested... I'm sure that if someone like Aris were to get on KOF, the Tekken heads might follow, same goes for Tom Brady and the DOA/MK players...

DG, I'm pretty sure you can also be the Sentinel assist in getting that hype up, and challenging fools left and right... Plus you and the Arcade Infinity cats can upload and inspire...

Hopefully these podcasts can build some hype...

Exposure over to SRK?? Iunno, I'm just throwing out ideas here...

Sure thing you know when 13 hits consoles I'm putting my full advertising machine behind it!!

Man it's like this- If people are going to look for excuses not to play a game, they will find it....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:15:39 AM by Dark Geese »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2011, 06:31:08 AM »
You're right-- people will find an excuse for not playing any particular game... I personally think its fear and/or laziness...  That, or some people are just elitist and refuse to play whatever game that's not the one they play... Sure, there are niches and people in it, but as a fighting game community, we should at least give this game or that game a try, and at the very least respect it and its players... Unity is key, especially for us who have what like 3-4 different types of KOFers: 98, 2k2, XI, and I believe XII is its own group now, each praising the game they play and bashing the other... Speaking of bashing, just because a game has horrible netcode doesn't mean it should be bashed outright, or written out rather... There's still local sessions that can be held (remember the snes/genesis days??) and hopefully with enough support, that particular game developer can see that, and in turn beef up the netcode... But if no support is visible, then they won't really have a reason to do anything... That isn't to say that they shouldn't have had all of their ducks in a row prior to game release day, because they should have handled that though...

Dark Geese

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »
You're right-- people will find an excuse for not playing any particular game... I personally think its fear and/or laziness...  That, or some people are just elitist and refuse to play whatever game that's not the one they play... Sure, there are niches and people in it, but as a fighting game community, we should at least give this game or that game a try, and at the very least respect it and its players... Unity is key, especially for us who have what like 3-4 different types of KOFers: 98, 2k2, XI, and I believe XII is its own group now, each praising the game they play and bashing the other... Speaking of bashing, just because a game has horrible netcode doesn't mean it should be bashed outright, or written out rather... There's still local sessions that can be held (remember the snes/genesis days??) and hopefully with enough support, that particular game developer can see that, and in turn beef up the netcode... But if no support is visible, then they won't really have a reason to do anything... That isn't to say that they shouldn't have had all of their ducks in a row prior to game release day, because they should have handled that though...

Yeah man and I simply don't have the time nor the patience nor the care to deal with this stuff anymore. Where I would 5 years ago, this has taken its toll of me so much it was evident when I left the DFW tournament early Saturday because I considered it to be a waste of my time. Hearing people say "It looks like MUGEN" and all that and stuff like "Does anyone have Third Strike?"

All that stuff reminds me why I have to balance whatever I may be doing in the USA with multiple trips to Mexico because I simply cannot stand this type of stuff anymore. We all know what happens next- you put in the game they wanna play on YOUR TV then everyone gathers around and starts coming to play and you sit there for 5 hours playing a game you didn't really wanna play in the first place.

That's one of the main reasons I even stopped doing gatherings when I used to hold them because I mean damn again what am I getting out of all of this? I'm taking care of others and NOT MYSELF.

You can only do that for so long before you say the hell with all of it!!!

People can either understand it, or be selfish and not! People forget, though I live in the USA I don't HAVE to tolerate that type of stuff anymore!!!

-DG
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:41:11 PM by Dark Geese »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2011, 10:45:43 PM »
You need to move to SoCal, that will solve all your problems.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2011, 10:54:45 PM »
SoCal is the mecca.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2011, 06:46:16 PM »
Yeah SoCal and NY are the "fighting meccas", but I personally feel that they shouldn't be the ONLY places to flock to for tourneys to be in the competitive scene... Granted, some places are just spaced the hell out, so you can't really goto every tournament, or even hold dedicated sessions, because a bunch of cats live 2-3 hours away from a central location (couple that with traffic, and blah blah blah) and that's understandable... But not every place is like that...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2011, 09:16:15 PM »
Yeah SoCal and NY are the "fighting meccas", but I personally feel that they shouldn't be the ONLY places to flock to for tourneys to be in the competitive scene... Granted, some places are just spaced the hell out, so you can't really goto every tournament, or even hold dedicated sessions, because a bunch of cats live 2-3 hours away from a central location (couple that with traffic, and blah blah blah) and that's understandable... But not every place is like that...

I get your overall point but to be fair, SoCal is pretty huge.  SoCal traffic one of the worst in the nation, and we still have crazy fools like metaphysics who drives 55+miles, one way, to Alex Arcade.