Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

Street Fighter X Tekken

Started by FreeRunner, July 21, 2011, 11:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proto Cloud

Quote from: solidshark on March 11, 2012, 12:57:04 AM
Quote from: Proto Cloud on March 10, 2012, 10:16:39 PM
Jin and Steve Fox having fireballs

Are you serious?

I'm dead fucking serious. I almost wanted to break the disc after seeing that. If they REALLY wanted people with fireballs, there was Alisa and Kunimitsu.

Honestly, it's almost like they have no respect for the franchise.

Saitsuofleaves

You guys really didn't know Jin and Steve had Fireballs?

Jin I can somewhat understand since he didn't have a lot of time to be seen prerelease, but Steve has been known for months...

And again, this crossover should have never happened.  Having respect for the franchise has nothing to do with it because I guarantee TxSF won't be worth it either no matter what Namco does.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

I've been pretty much against this whole concept since inception and thought that the only reason they picked Tekken was that it was the second most popular fighting game series and nothing more. No synergy, no common ground, no nothing. What should have happened was CvS3 and Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter.

But, we can't say for sure that TxSF will treat SF with respect until it comes out. When it does, then I can take my turn to shit on Namco.

Saitsuofleaves

They could treat it with enormous respect...still will be a waste of time that could've been spent on other things.

Crossovers need to die period.  They're no longer special or anything, they need to go away.  No CvS3, no more Marvel, no other Crossover outside of KOF itself, which I won't even call a crossover anymore since they don't make AoF/FF games anymore it seems.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

I don't mind crossovers, they bring a lot of hype into the genre, it's just that they have to be done right and to be honest, there's not really a whole lot of them anyways.

Saitsuofleaves

Quote from: Proto Cloud on March 11, 2012, 08:26:58 AM
I don't mind crossovers, they bring a lot of hype into the genre, it's just that they have to be done right and to be honest, there's not really a whole lot of them anyways.

Well it won't happen, so it needs to stop now.  I don't want to see another crossover again, or at the least not for at least another 5 years.  Shit's stupid.  There's never a time I want to see how a fighter fares in another game ever, outside of in-company switching (aka, going from Tekken to SC, GG to BB, etc.).  And honestly I don't understand why anyone else would want to see it either.

Proto Cloud

Because it worked in CvS2. There's a pretty obvious reason people like it and it's probably going to happen again. Deal with it.

You don't have to sound like a baby over it.

LouisCipher

The whole thing with this game just perplexes me. I have no desire to buy or even play it. I would avoid it like the drunk hot chick at a party who definitely has HIV and Herpes. I saw this video gief with super easy stone 2 and it pissed me off so much right now. God I hope Capcom crash and burns.

Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

jinxhand

I want Capcom-free crossovers... TN is doing big things adding Akira, and making the playstyle very similar (because it is technically the same) to his VF version... I'm not a fan of movie characters in fighters, but Freddy Krueger made a good impression in MK9, as did Altair in SCV... Granted, they're not full blown crossups, but I have a feeling that if they were, they might have been better than what Capcom is doing...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Proto Cloud

Quote from: jinxhand on March 11, 2012, 07:54:11 PM
TN is doing big things adding Akira, and making the playstyle very similar (because it is technically the same) to his VF version

Let's not jump to any conclusions now, though I wouldn't mind seeing Sarah Bryant with a huge rack.

LouisCipher

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/aj/as/34538-wtf-capcom-angry-rant

NSFW. He's a casual but he's right. I completely forgot that MK allowed you to have two people offline play two guys online unlike SFxTK on 360.

Proto Cloud

Can we please stop linking Angry Joe reviews? He's not funny and he isn't exactly saying anything we've already heard before.

jinxhand

Quote from: Proto Cloud on March 11, 2012, 08:11:45 PM
Quote from: jinxhand on March 11, 2012, 07:54:11 PM
TN is doing big things adding Akira, and making the playstyle very similar (because it is technically the same) to his VF version

Let's not jump to any conclusions now, though I wouldn't mind seeing Sarah Bryant with a huge rack.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions... TN made a bold move adding a character from a different FG franchise into their game... This is the 2nd time a franchise character showed up, with Spartan (Halo) being the first successful attempt...

Also, it's a proven fact that DOA took the game system of VF (RPS)... Hell, the old joke back in the day was that DOA1 was a hack of VF (same board and everything practically)... With the 2 games being similar, I feel like if they were to do a VF vs DOA it could be accepted by both camps as well as newcomers, without a huge beef of "my character doesn't play the same", or "the game system is too crazy"... This is something Capcom doesn't seem to have a grasp on-- or rather they did, but then lost it...

They're also doing away with the over-sexualization that has "plagued" the game, and that helps the game imo... Your statement proves that the first thing most people think of when DOA is mentioned are boobs, when surprisingly it's alot more than that...

But yeah, Sarah already has big boobs though... I'm just sayin'...................
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

LouisCipher

Quote from: Proto Cloud on March 11, 2012, 10:26:54 PM
Can we please stop linking Angry Joe reviews? He's not funny and he isn't exactly saying anything we've already heard before.

I liked the Corporate Commander.

(Shrugs)

Xxenace

Quote from: LouisCipher on March 12, 2012, 01:32:24 AM
Quote from: Proto Cloud on March 11, 2012, 10:26:54 PM

I liked the Corporate Commander.

(Shrugs)
DONT NEED IT!