Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition

Started by Kane317, March 04, 2012, 02:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

venusandeve

Well, I'm no pro but even the lag on wireless xbox controllers pisses me off. And don't get me started on the TV's post-processing.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Tyrant292

Quote from: venusandeve on May 12, 2012, 06:51:52 PM
Well, I'm no pro but even the lag on wireless xbox controllers pisses me off. And don't get me started on the TV's post-processing.

What! you have TV lag?! I think you should get a new TV, personally that's the worst kind of lag you could get, you cant even play local with this. Some of you guys atleast can play online, even with a wired connection it's really bad for me.

venusandeve

LOL, i'm a Luddite when it comes to modern tech. I actually have more hours on a kof98 cab than on my Xbox. took me a while to find it but my tv has a "PC" mode which bypasses all the bullcrap, and weird enough, it makes the game look better (except for zoom ins on characters. what were they thinking???). On the other hand, i need every excuse I can get to justify dropping easy combos ;] Gonna get a stick as well. i find myself using the stick on the xbox controller with the thumb and the buttons with my fingers. weird as hell.

But you're right, you can't imagine how pissed off i was when i first got the new gear and couldn't even go from j.C to c.B; "whoa, i really let myself go. what a scrub!"
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Homies Over Shotos

Quote from: Tyrant292 on May 13, 2012, 01:04:02 PM

What! you have TV lag?! I think you should get a new TV, personally that's the worst kind of lag you could get, you cant even play local with this. Some of you guys atleast can play online, even with a wired connection it's really bad for me.

Dude.  ALL LCD and Plasma tvs lag.  The only tvs that DON'T lag are the ancient CRT tvs which also have superior color gamut over LCD and plasma.  The next step is OLED which has no lag and near crt level blacks.

Tyrant292

Quote from: Homies Over Shotos on May 13, 2012, 11:23:09 PM
Quote from: Tyrant292 on May 13, 2012, 01:04:02 PM

Dude.  ALL LCD and Plasma tvs lag.  The only tvs that DON'T lag are the ancient CRT tvs which also have superior color gamut over LCD and plasma.  The next step is OLED which has no lag and near crt level blacks.

Not really, usually TV's have game mode to adjust the lag. My opinion plasma TV's are the best now because the companies corrected the defects of the plasma, it's cheaper, the contrast ratio is the best and has natural colors. Basically when getting a TV make sure it has game mode if not dont get it. Some people who only need a TV for a console they buy a 27" monitor or if they can find a larger one like. Viewsonic and Asus are the best choices for monitors IMHO.

Xxenace

Cibernetico

So I gotta ask since I've been gone for a while, is Takuma an obsolete character compared to Mr. Karate? Or are they just two different characters that play totally different like both Ioris and Kyos?

LAB Falken

They are completely different characters, though Karate has sped up Takuma normals (crC actually is the only notable one I can think of, actually).

Sharnt

Quote from: Cibernetico on May 14, 2012, 05:25:49 PM
So I gotta ask since I've been gone for a while, is Takuma an obsolete character compared to Mr. Karate? Or are they just two different characters that play totally different like both Ioris and Kyos?
They are REALLY different char.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Rex Dart

Completely different characters. Takuma has a better fireball game, corner damage, and a command grab that leads into any of his combos. Mr. Karate has better normals and lots of anti-air options.

Proto Cloud

So, if anyone wanted to know what the English voice overs for XIII would've been like...

Let's listen to KOF English voices

sibarraz

Better than XII at least

At least some of them are not that bad

Anyway, Climax will be released in Chile in 2 more weeks

Waifu Material

Running Wild

They are just the same voices from KOFXII.

Save for Kula and Mai, who are new

They were all in the arcade version.

BioBooster

Quote from: sibarraz on May 15, 2012, 12:03:29 AM
Anyway, Climax will be released in Chile in 2 more weeks

Ah, one of the blessed - that is good news.

nightmoves

Seriously, SNK really dropped the ball when it came to dubbing their games. I'm glad XIII is all Japanese voices.