Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Calling all KOF fans! PSN KOF XII community revival!

Started by FameDouglas, December 26, 2010, 02:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdcloudstrife08

Quote from: Homies Over Shotos on January 01, 2011, 01:22:37 PM
Quote from: FameDouglas on January 01, 2011, 10:53:52 AM
Ideas for "Ratio" system inspired by a recent XIII tournament. Teams have ratio quota of 4 points exactly. Example, if you pick Kyo who is a 4 point character alone, you must choose two from the 0 point pool, Kyo/Duo/Goro = 4 pts; Robert/Kensou/Chin = 4 points.

4 pts
- Kyo
- Terry

3 pts
- Iori
- Kim
- Robert
- Joe
- Athena

2 pts
- Andy
- Ryo
- Benimaru
- Ash
- Leona

1 point
- Shen
- Ralf
- Kensou
- Mature
- Elizabeth

0 point (Free Agents)
- Duo
- Goro
- Clark
- Chin
- Raiden

Anyone think any of the characters may be in the wrong bracket? Let your opinions be heard!

Remember, this is an experiment to enhance the matchup variety instead of having Kyo, Terry and Joe teams all day.

Your list is wrong.  Iori was also considered top in Japan.  So was Joe who was incredibly powerful in 12.  Terry for the most part was considered a 2 or maybe a 3 if you really stretched it.  People that are in the 3's tend to have completed move sets too.  Mature and Elizabeth aren't even a one.  They're bottom ones, and in Mature's case, a zero due to only having TWO moves.
he almost smacked u fame lol
ur list is wrong (SLAP!!!!!) im RICK JAMES BITCH!!!
Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!! Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!

hdcloudstrife08

FameDouglas

@ Homies

I based it on character usage percentages, not an "official" tier list from Japan. In that light, my list more right than wrong. 

Like I said before, it's open for discussion. Anyone have input? Anyone here agree that Iori is top tier? Before you answer, think about active players in community who actually use him in a dominant fashion.

hdcloudstrife08

hdcloudstrife08

Early KOF 12 exhibition matches for those who love the game post your PSN ID & let us know when ur able to play so
we can set dates hope to hear from y'all soon will post rules soon ......... ;dn ;df ;fd ;c HADO.....er i mean POWER WAVE!!!!!!!

FameDouglas

Video archiving coming soon! Get that practice mode time in...I'm gon make ya FAMOUS!

hdcloudstrife08

FameDouglas

Found this interesting video clip regarding SSF IV's "n00b friendly controls"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zXAKgIqx4k&feature=player_embedded

Damn, Capcom can't do ANYTHING right with the IV series! lmao

FameDouglas

This should be called "teaching KOF XII to newcomers and OG players that cling to the COMFORT ZONE of KOF 98/02"...

http://alternate275.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaching-fighting-games-to-newcomer.html

Before anyone decides to take offense to the "98/02 cling" thing, it ain't at anyone in particular but just a general statement. Anyway, I posted it because I thought it was good read with some useful information.

If you STILL get offended even after I stated my intention then you can take a trip Florida University...

Xxenace

hdcloudstrife08

Xxenace

FameDouglas

desmond_kof

You fellas plan to do a KOFXII ranbat or gauntlet sometime? I think it will be dope.

People might say I cling on the comfort zone of 3rd Strike because I don't seriously play or like SSF4. And I think 3rd Strike is a better game than SSF4. Y'all agree? :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."