Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread

Started by krazykone123, July 28, 2010, 06:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenixazure

at that point. Someone should figure out a way to have some sort of info/vid collaboration between China and US if they're liking the stuff out of Arcade Infinity with u guys (here's to hoping a scene pops up at Arcade UFO as well) and slowly build up from there.

Kane317

Quote from: Dark Chaotix on August 09, 2010, 06:45:52 AM
In regards to HD mode, can you bypass like 2k2 could?? Like old maxima cB, cB, qcf+BC etc.

And have anyone found certain links into DM via BC bypass aswell? EG : Yashiro cA, cA, sA, sB, qcf x2 BC

Sorry for the late response-- Since all the specials can be bypassed into (qcf+BC), Shen's Ex command throw (hcb~f+ABC), K' j.CD into air.qcb +BCD etc, I'm sure you can do the same DMs as well but I'll confirm.  It's going to be a variation of ABC or BCD.

Diavle

Quote from: THE ANSWER on August 10, 2010, 11:43:59 PM
"Against HD"?, "swearing it off"? I don't recall saying those words? o_0

What I can tell you is that at the moment I use a full HD combo in about 75% of my games

So what was that bs about it not being practical and going for drive cancel instea... wait, forget it, I don't even want to know.

Quote from: Phoenixazure on August 11, 2010, 01:05:43 PM
at that point. Someone should figure out a way to have some sort of info/vid collaboration between China and US if they're liking the stuff out of Arcade Infinity with u guys (here's to hoping a scene pops up at Arcade UFO as well) and slowly build up from there.

Things will start actually progressing and stuff like you mention happening after the console release, I think. Kinda moot at this point since so few ppl have access.

Cross country rivalry and collaboration would be very cool.

Dark Chaotix

Quote from: Kane317 on August 11, 2010, 02:45:11 PM
In regards to HD mode, can you bypass like 2k2 could?? Like old maxima cB, cB, qcf+BC etc.

And have anyone found certain links into DM via BC bypass aswell? EG : Yashiro cA, cA, sA, sB, qcf x2 BC

Sorry for the late response-- Since all the specials can be bypassed into (qcf+BC), Shen's Ex command throw (hcb~f+ABC), K' j.CD into air.qcb +BCD etc, I'm sure you can do the same DMs as well but I'll confirm.  It's going to be a variation of ABC or BCD.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess in the second example was in 2k2 when a DM normally wouldnt be cancellable off a particular attack. In that case, you normally couldnt connect a DM off sB but doing the DM with BC takes more stocks and will connect. I merely was seeing if that is possible since i see alot of DMs dont like if they are non EX dms.

THE ANSWER

WOW even Mr.KOF him self was a victim of focusing in landing and an HD combo, well I guess that sets the record straigh. So now that we all understand the point about HD combos we can move on.

In regards to HD Mode bypass, Kensou has a neat one. He can d.B,s.B,s.BC and you will get a standing C in HD mode. IMO a great way to start an HD combo since it's a lot easier to land a d.B than a s.D.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Chlorophylle

Unused KOF13 stages :

I hope we see them in the console version (i'm not gonna lure lyself, in that case it will be DLC ).

MUSOLINI

2 things, i wanna see ALL the unused bg's in the console version.

second, i thought you couldnt get into hd mode unless you cancelled a normal or command normal. not with specials or dm's? am i getting this right? if so wtf.

does this mean terry could do sC 2 hits, powerwave, bc, combo on?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

t3h mAsTarOth...!

maybe... as long as they remain in hit stun... i believe doing qcf.BC will cause this... and u would probably be able to cancel that into something... or i think after you activate it this way you can't HDC right away... i could be wrong though...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Ash

Quote from: Kane317 on August 11, 2010, 02:45:11 PM

Sorry for the late response-- Since all the specials can be bypassed into (qcf+BC), Shen's Ex command throw (hcb~f+ABC), K' j.CD into air.qcb +BCD etc, I'm sure you can do the same DMs as well but I'll confirm.  It's going to be a variation of ABC or BCD.

Yeah you can do it from DMs, I did it with Iori before with d.A -> d.B -> f+A -> qcf hcb+BC
Only reason you would do this is for easy neomax after

Just gotta check if it works with EX supers

Quote from: MUSOLINI on August 11, 2010, 06:01:06 PM
2 things, i wanna see ALL the unused bg's in the console version.

second, i thought you couldnt get into hd mode unless you cancelled a normal or command normal. not with specials or dm's? am i getting this right? if so wtf.

does this mean terry could do sC 2 hits, powerwave, bc, combo on?

What we mean by this is that you can't do s.C -> qcf+A -> BC -> continue, the HD won't activate

A shortcut would be s.C -> qcf+BC (C version will come out) -> continue

doing s.C -> BC -> s.C is pretty easy in XIII though (compared to 2k2), it's really not worth doing the shortcut. I think the times shortcuts help if when you're doing CD attacks. We were just pointing out that this is possible.

THE ANSWER

So "Ash" (LMAO) you think that with Kensou, would it be possible to do d.B,d.B, qcf+BC and I will get an HD mode rekka?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Ash

Hahah, yeah I've been using that since FF12 (Ashe) and KOF2003 (Ash) came out.

Yeah that should work if d.b combos into qcf+C normally. Not sure since I haven't used Kensou in XIII yet. I've only used him in XII which I always did A version.

THE ANSWER

@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

Quote from: THE ANSWER on August 11, 2010, 05:13:56 PM
WOW even Mr.KOF him self was a victim of focusing in landing and an HD combo, well I guess that sets the record straigh. So now that we all understand the point about HD combos we can move on.

In regards to HD Mode bypass, Kensou has a neat one. He can d.B,s.B,s.BC and you will get a standing C in HD mode. IMO a great way to start an HD combo since it's a lot easier to land a d.B than a s.D.

For Kensou I don't see why d.B x2, qcf ABC wouldn't come out as qcf AC+hyperdrive activated since the strongest strength button (in this case C) usually overrides (hence d.B, s.B, s.BC produces a s.C).  EDIT:  Didn't read above.

LouisCipher

Quick question: Is jump CD in 13? I never liked jump CD in the other games because of it's spamability so I hope it isn't in this one.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Zabel

Quote from: LouisCipher on August 11, 2010, 11:13:32 PM
Quick question: Is jump CD in 13? I never liked jump CD in the other games because of it's spamability so I hope it isn't in this one.
Yes it's in & if you're losing to J. CD spam you got shit you need to work on.