Author Topic: Billy Kane (Pre-release)  (Read 35594 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: Billy Kane
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2011, 07:18:14 PM »
The thing with Billy so far is that he has to force you in the corner to really do damage... He's no Raiden, where he can combo you to the corner, and keep comboing you afterwards, but no one has really attempted to utilize the HD cancels with him midscreen (and I'm pretty sure its hard on a touch screen)...

I wonder what his long range pokes can lead to on both normal and counter hit though...

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 09:50:47 AM »
billy can enter HD mode after cr.B, f.A, *link* cr.B right? if so that's sweet...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 09:56:33 PM »
I'm using this vid and taking some notes:

http://youtu.be/0Hi8fGm7qGs

* Seems that his jumping C and neutral jumping C are the same in terms of animation, and hopefully the hitbox is the same.

* Slight delay in 41236 A. It's ridiculously fast in KoF-I from what I've seen. Maybe the speed increases if its canceled into-- not sure though...

* Still has his standing A from older KoFs. You know that one that everyone does cr.b, cr.b, st.a, f+a with?

If I come across some more things, I'll edit this post rather than the first post I made...

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 05:52:41 AM »
[Bas Gros Poing] Gamescom 2011 : reportage au pif sur Kof XIII console

At around 10:48 in this vid, Frionel starts to show us a bit about Billy. He mostly shows us the ;c -> ;bk + ;a (HD) mode stuff (though we rarely get to see ;bk + ;a on film, so this is good), but it's nice to finally see one of the reasons people think he has too easy a time activating HD mode. Also ends the combo with Neomax a few times, if you're curious as to how much damage that'd do in the corner...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 06:08:39 AM »
At around 10:48 in this vid, Frionel starts to show us a bit about Billy. He mostly shows us the ;c -> ;bk + ;a (HD) mode stuff (though we rarely get to see ;bk + ;a on film, so this is good), but it's nice to finally see one of the reasons people think he has too easy a time activating HD mode. Also ends the combo with Neomax a few times, if you're curious as to how much damage that'd do in the corner...

He doesn't even really need command attacks to hit confirm into an HD combo, his s.C does 3 hits alone; although you probably wouldn't to "use" all three hits due to scaling.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2011, 03:13:18 AM »
which is the best billy (i mean which version) i never seen anybody play with him and as far as i can tell he only has good pokes anti airs and real good normals but i think he lacks when it comes to combos (then again i never really played to much with him)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 06:31:10 PM »
I'm devasted; He doesn't have his trademark counters.

Counters don't really fit in well with the mechanics of this game. That's why you don't see many people having them.
They also don't have Daimon's counters in this game.

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 10:03:20 PM »
Counters don't really fit in well with the mechanics of this game. That's why you don't see many people having them.

Gotta disagree with you there. Counters are a good fit with KOF's gameplay, which is usually pretty offense-oriented. XIII even more so. And EX moves give counters a whole new level of awesome. Chin and Elisabeth's EX counters are game changers. (Or at least they were in the arcade version.)

The reason why Billy (and Daimon) don't have their counters is because they aren't their most important tools in their arsenals. But that doesn't mean their counters wouldn't be useful if they had 'em.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 10:20:13 PM »

Gotta disagree with you there. Counters are a good fit with KOF's gameplay, which is usually pretty offense-oriented. XIII even more so. And EX moves give counters a whole new level of awesome. Chin and Elisabeth's EX counters are game changers. (Or at least they were in the arcade version.)

The reason why Billy (and Daimon) don't have their counters is because they aren't their most important tools in their arsenals. But that doesn't mean their counters wouldn't be useful if they had 'em.

+1

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 11:57:09 PM »

i dont think billy has enough tools for XIII he seems kinda water down and im pretty sure when he starts to put on pressure that stick of his is going to give him a real push back when people block his move and i dont think he has a move thats a "sure way out" well mayb he do   ;)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2011, 01:04:32 AM »

i dont think billy has enough tools for XIII he seems kinda water down and im pretty sure when he starts to put on pressure that stick of his is going to give him a real push back when people block his move and i dont think he has a move thats a "sure way out" well mayb he do   ;)

From what I've seen at all the demo footage, but mainly with No.17 messing around with Billy.  He's going to be super solid, dare I say one of the top characters already.  He's incredibly fast and of course he has great reach with damaging corner combos.  His dp+K helps him get out of sticky situations if needed be but he can always jump back CD like before and don't forget unlike his older versions, he has Ex versions of his move which all seem pretty useful.  Only time will tell.  
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:48:57 PM by Kane317 »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2011, 08:55:59 AM »

The reason why Daimon don't have their counters is because they aren't their most important tools in their arsenals. But that doesn't mean their counters wouldn't be useful if they had 'em.

Daimon has the most deadliest counter move in the game what do you want more?
His neomax is a 0 frame counter which deals 550 571 if i remember accurately.

Fixed -Kane317
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:37:33 AM by Kane317 »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2011, 11:34:18 AM »

The reason why Daimon don't have their counters is because they aren't their most important tools in their arsenals. But that doesn't mean their counters wouldn't be useful if they had 'em.

Daimon has the most deadliest counter move in the game what do you want more?
His neomax is a 0 frame counter which deals 550 if i remember accurately.

When I said "their" counters, I was referring to their classic counters. You know, the ones that they've had in many other games. In Daimon's case, this is hcf+K, and in Billy's, it's qcb+K. That was all I meant.

Yes, I know Daimon has an amazing NeoMax. Just goes to prove my point about XIII counters being awesome. :P

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2011, 03:03:29 PM »
i can generally really agree with you guys, rex & kane. and no, billy doesnt need his counters, neither does goro. if goro counters you i this game, its gonna do almost 60% so its all good.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2011, 03:14:52 AM »
i can generally really agree with you guys, rex & kane. and no, billy doesnt need his counters, neither does goro. if goro counters you i this game, its gonna do almost 60% so its all good.

i think i get what u mean since u can cancel just about anything it would b kinda pointless to have a counter and i believe athina has her counter but its a projectile