Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

Street Fighter X Tekken

Started by FreeRunner, July 21, 2011, 11:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saitsuofleaves

No one who plays Tekken should be anywhere hyped for this game, but that's why I think this game and TxSF is a complete waste of time.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

I think we can leave the discussion at that. I'm getting more and more annoyed at this game the more I talk about it.

baccano1932

Not surprised to see Dictator or Xiaoyu confirmed given they've been hinted at in the past.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Delta

Hoping the reveal/leak of Bison means Juri is going to be revealed soon.

jinxhand

Does anyone here know of or has seen a match where someone did a bound in this game?? Supposedly it's in there, but no one knows much because the only cats that play are Capcom heads... Or did they just remove that from the game altogether???
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Saitsuofleaves

A Bound?  Uh, I doubt that it's in there outside of ground bouncing which I doubt we'd count since if I remember correctly Kazuya was doing it multiple times in one combo.

I wouldn't worry about it though, no self-respecting Tekken head would play this game when...you know, Namco's making their own, more Tekken-centric version (another reason why I have no clue why they even bothered making these games).
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

solidshark

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on January 11, 2012, 11:01:01 PM
I wouldn't worry about it though, no self-respecting Tekken head would play this game when...you know, Namco's making their own, more Tekken-centric version (another reason why I have no clue why they even bothered making these games).

Experimentation maybe. Not to say crossovers can't be made without pushing some new trend, but I'm hoping more and more that TxSF is kept as basic and close to normal Tekken as possible. If Capcom could come up with gems, or a post-purchase system upgrade via DLC, hopefully Namco won't follow suit with something crazy too.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Saitsuofleaves

Quote from: solidshark on January 12, 2012, 03:06:23 AM
Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on January 11, 2012, 11:01:01 PM

Experimentation maybe. Not to say crossovers can't be made without pushing some new trend, but I'm hoping more and more that TxSF is kept as basic and close to normal Tekken as possible. If Capcom could come up with gems, or a post-purchase system upgrade via DLC, hopefully Namco won't follow suit with something crazy too.

And that's the eventual problem I have with it.  At best, they experiment with it, but since for the most part it's actually nothing like Tekken, they'll move on without a second thought, and the same will happen with SF players when TxSF comes out.  I'm just saying this time could've been used on a different SF project (maybe a new SFA just to fuck with the already shredded to tatters continuity of SF) and then of course, Tekken 7.  Just kind of don't get the point.

Oh, and Ono teased Juri...hurray...

jinxhand

Real talk, they should've just made SFEX4 and be done with it... SFxT seemed ok in the beginning, but it's too over-the-top, and will eventually topple over...

I think SFxT would've been great though if it were built on the Capcom All Stars engine. It would be more of a reason for Tekken players to try it out since it isn't just straight 2D in movement. Imo Capcom heads snatch anything up from them so that would've been a sealed deal...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Saitsuofleaves

So anyway, in the latest line of "How can Capcom ruin SFxT today"...actually, it wasn't too bad (i'm referring to the stream they had a couple of days ago...that I missed, but I read the transcript).

The one thing I did want addressed was Cross Rush into Specials, and they've went half way saying only EX Specials can be done from Cross Rush.  As it is now...I think I can live with that compromise tbqh.  Best of both sides to where big combos might not be as braindead as some feared, and Cross Rush isn't relegated to mehness outside of quick tags.

And for the meh part, Pandora's time has been buffed and you can combo into and out of it...of course it only seems possible off of Wall Bounce and with an immediate cancel, even then you better make sure you get that kill.  As it is, it now falls more into Ultra Combos and crap from SF4...but still insanely risky.  Plus if you don't have a teammate with a Wall Bounce move, it still seems useless.  Again, can live with that.

Honestly, if they bring back Cross Assault to its former glory, I can at least enjoy the ride of how this game unfolds.

Xxenace

how long is pandora's time now? been to busy playing star wars to give a shit about anything else for the last couple of days

Saitsuofleaves

Quote from: Xxenace on January 16, 2012, 09:32:05 AM
how long is pandora's time now? been to busy playing star wars to give a shit about anything else for the last couple of days

Apparently upped from 8 to 10-12 seconds.  Not a big increase and can still be lamed out for pretty much free if your Super takes too long.

Saitsuofleaves

Well, new characters as promised and delivered.

First we get the typical story trailer...looks like the SF fighters have finally decided to stop being free.

Street Fighter x Tekken - New Characters Trailer

Second we get the gameplay trailers.

Street Fighter x Tekken - New Characters Gameplay

Shadaloo vs. Mishima Zaibatsu in full effect though these trailers reminded me...man the MZ is really short-staffed when it comes to actual Tekken Fighters, especially since Kazuya is now hiring Nina instead of Jin.  If Eddy doesn't show up and bring some backup, Jin's pretty much going alone with Xiaoyu against 3 Shadaloo members...and Xxenace's Futa Waifu.

Delta

Yeah, Juri is ready to kick some bitches.

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on January 17, 2012, 06:38:12 PM...and Xxenace's Futa Waifu.

Oh no you le didn't :Jean Reno pic:

Saitsuofleaves

Yeah, I went there, come at me.

But with the compromising to Chaining to Specials, as long as they put Cross Assault back, I'll be pretty satisfied tbqh.