Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 184512 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #660 on: March 05, 2012, 09:03:26 AM »
I doubt he will, but that just goes to show how much abuse that man can take, and why he's probably perfect for that job.

Plus I don't know how much you'd be allowed to say about the inner workings of the company if you leave it.  It'd be interesting to look into though.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 05, 2012, 09:08:09 AM »
If Seth quits I really, really hope he dishes all the dirt there is. I really want to know what happened behind the scenes for 3SOE.

I'm pretty sure they're under a legal binding contract. I'd say if he left he'd have to wait 10 years if he doesn't want to get sued into oblivion.

I know that Konami is pretty dictatorial about that one from a former translator.

EDIT: Also Seth Killian was pretty dismayed by MML3 too. He helped revive the game when it was first cancelled only to get it canned again.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:09:53 AM by Proto Cloud »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 05, 2012, 09:15:31 AM »
Oh yeah he was hurt by it too, but he didn't have to deal with the backlash of it AS much as Snow.  Snow had to run a Unity Stream the day after the cancellation.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 05, 2012, 09:23:19 AM »
Yeah, but they both still get equal blame for all of Capcom's bad decisions even though they have little to no say in things and try to make the best out of every bad situation.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 05, 2012, 09:24:46 AM »
Pretty much.  I'd hate to be a PR guy for anyone tbqh, let alone for Capcom.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 05, 2012, 09:37:10 AM »
Pretty much.  I'd hate to be a PR guy for anyone tbqh, let alone for Capcom.
yeah no shit seth is still a bro for putting up with all that shit though he's probably one of the only dudes in the game biz i ever hang out with given the chance of course

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #666 on: March 05, 2012, 09:46:05 AM »
Would be hilarious if they released CvS2 on PSN/XBL with GGPO, but it's based on EO which removed roll cancels. Ppl will rage.

Although I think P-Groove gained super cancels in that version. I wouldn't mind having that.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 05, 2012, 10:05:06 AM »
They'd probably hire Sirlin at the last minute and ruin the balance and the netcode would blow ass. And they're told this the week after release.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 05, 2012, 01:59:07 PM »
MegaMan and Pac-Man on 360, yep, you are reading this right:

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 05, 2012, 04:34:36 PM »
The funny thing is that people still will defend this

I wonder if the game will bomb now, with all this DLC, the casual who got MAD with ultimate will now think that is not worthy to buy the game since maybe some  months later will appear a new version with all the DLC already (sans vita)

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 05, 2012, 05:34:16 PM »
The game won't bomb because all this info came out too late.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 05, 2012, 09:12:14 PM »
Fun fact: I have not seen a single gameplay vid that's been posted. That's how uninterested in this game I am.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 05, 2012, 10:03:49 PM »
The game won't bomb because all this info came out too late.

Also, what if the majority of the so-called DLC characters are available day 1, or a short time after release, for free?  I wouldn't be surprised if they're locked just so that people who got the game early feel angry and ripped off (which of course, they do).  People who don't even have the game yet feel ripped off...how have you been ripped off?  You haven't bought the game!  It never ceases to amaze me that everybody seems to ignore the fact that the game STILL HASN'T BEEN RELEASED.  Nobody is supposed to be playing it right now
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 05, 2012, 10:21:02 PM »
Because Capcom would've advertised it.  They wouldn't have missed out on increased sales of the game that could've been brought upon the 12 characters.

And you act as if every single person playing it right now got it early when they shouldn't have.  You honestly believe that?

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 05, 2012, 10:46:50 PM »
All I know is that this is going to make an already pissed off fanbase, more pissed off. It isn't going to change the minds of those that mindlessly buy whatever Capcom makes and tournament players, because they're going to make up those 60 bucks in a few money matches.

I just have to wonder how low Capcom has to go with DLC. I wonder if when Darkstalkers comes out, they'll give you the first two characters free and the rest are "DLC."