Author Topic: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread  (Read 70754 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: The Tekken Tag 2 Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2012, 12:52:21 PM »
I honestly don't remember because I came into 5 late when DR came out, but I did hear that he had a corner Dempsey Roll infinite.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2012, 11:54:18 PM »
I honestly don't remember because I came into 5 late when DR came out, but I did hear that he had a corner Dempsey Roll infinite.

This is correct.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2012, 01:48:31 AM »
I thought it was vanilla T5 Steve that was ridiculous cuz he had an infinite?

That was only one of the main things he could do, and even that had to be done on the side after his 3~1,1 connected. This infinite is also in T4, but in the form of 3~1,1, 3~1,1, and this can be done in T5...

Anyway, T5 Steve had the best low hit punisher in the game, ws+1,2, and the best wall ender for combos (I can't remember it off the bat). If he had you on the corner, he could do b+3~1+2 and push you to the wall, guaranteeing a free 1,2,1 or something worse if I remember correctly. Steve also was able to take you to the wall with nothing more than flicker hits and f+2,1~b. Oh yeah, his 2+4 throw automatically gave a guarantee hits if moved at all on wakeup... There's a bunch of other crap that I can't remember, but this should be enough to let you see why he's ridiculous... He's been really strong in every Tekken except 5.1...

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2012, 05:18:26 AM »
Don't forget his fd+2 launcher, it didn't even need to be a counter hit to launch, and yes they fixed that in 5.1

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2012, 05:10:48 AM »
Don't forget his fd+2 launcher, it didn't even need to be a counter hit to launch, and yes they fixed that in 5.1

Oh yeah that friggin' thing... He had setups that revolved around that alone... Also, he could b+3~1+2 you to the wall, and if you weren't careful, df+2 was there to start the wall combo at times... His 4~2 was great too, especially after specific strings it made it the quick and easy noob killer...

Then they gave him sway~f+2 setups... So he could basically poke, and bait a high or mid to whiff, and guarantee a high launcher...

But whatever with all of that... Feng b+4'ed him all day, and had CH b+1 with followups...

So--- P.Jack in TTT2, I can't wait!!! (starts doing the P.Jack dance)

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2012, 10:49:22 PM »
Hmm...and Harada did say he wants 50+ for TTT2, and we're at 44 now.  That would give him a quick way to boost the number of characters.  And it's not a bad line of thinking, when making a tag game or a game where players are forced to play multiple characters, it doesn't hurt to have some play similarly (though the irony now being that he's deciding to do this for TTT2 AFTER already implementing a way to let players only play one character).

I've been thinking about this and i'm guessing they'll make some changes to the "clone" characters so they're not as similar as they're previous versions in order to provide a bit more of variation and will also function as a sort of intermediary step between using a single character and a team so people can start out by using a similar character and get used to the team mechanics and possibly move on and learn another character sometime in the future.

Edit: New information from Arcadia magazine regarding character life and a new tier list

http://www.levelupyourgame.com/2012/04/29/ttt2-unlimited-tiers-and-damages-from-arcadia/
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:38:45 PM by baccano1932 »
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »
As long as P.Jack still has his uppercut launcher and his normal stance, and Kunimitsu has her unblockable moves, I have no issues with any other changes...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2012, 11:04:17 PM »
New TTT2 characters announced at E3.  Start the countdown to Proto orgasming over Kunimitsu.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2012, 01:54:39 AM »
Just hoping they keep the clones (gameplay or design-wise) to a minimun.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2012, 02:32:36 AM »
Well no surprise that E3 will be the debut for character reveals, just hope they space out the clone announcements so that there isn't a set of announcements thats just clone type characters.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2012, 09:39:26 AM »
New TTT2 characters announced at E3.  Start the countdown to Proto orgasming over Kunimitsu.

Fuck you, you just don't...understand...

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2012, 09:44:25 AM »
Not so fast Proto. So. You like Kunimitsu do ya?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2012, 07:40:48 PM »
I'm not even offended seeing how terrible that drawing was.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2012, 08:34:33 PM »
What about this outfit?

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2012, 09:54:06 PM »
Oh Japan...

Wait isn't that from the current Soul Calibur artist?