Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370030 times)

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #1095 on: August 19, 2011, 09:31:54 AM »
I hope EX Iori isnt really overpowered.. :/
I got hype seeing his movelist on the official website.

OP EX characters just mean a blank character slot in my eyes :I No fun if you cant actually use them in tournaments.

If he is broken they shoulda just changed name his 'Orochi Iori' and make him walk like a zombie...
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 19, 2011, 10:02:55 AM »

J_LyRock: K' crLK crLK qcfa hit but follow up fLK whiff

That basic combo is weird because sometimes it would juggle very low and sometimes it doesn't.  I think it whiffed a lot on smaller characters because qcf + A trigger doesn't launch the opponent as high.  Imo its a silly change but the damage has been done now. 

Shin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 19, 2011, 11:32:19 AM »
you can whack his stick without touching his body and he takes it!

That's pretty much Billy for you.

See any Fatal Fury game.

Yeah, pretty much.

about the 8/5characters issues, Sharnt, I asked Fionel to be clear about it, and the 8thing came out of it, don't know what to tell ya man ^^''

listen ppl be rational for one sec, RSG aren't as*holes, they won't advertise "5 more characters" IN the game, if they really mean you have to paid extra for 3 of them that doesn't make any kind of sense, it's like if Arksys for BBCS included the 3 extra DLC characters in promoting the game as if those were on disc, that would be quite the d*ck move, imho.

plus, frionel keeps saying "FOR NOW" in that very obvious way that you know he know a lot more/all of it, but can spill if because of NDA.

so bottom line don't fear ppl, in the end it will be at least 5+3 I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. (was that expression used correctly at all ? xD being french, I'm still learning everyday^^)

Edit: stream live now> http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/Ure4yo0uE9GL nothing KOF yet though.

There will be training with every characters etc
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:56:12 PM by Shin »

kofoguz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 19, 2011, 01:36:24 PM »
Yeah, pretty much.

about the 8/5characters issues, Sharnt, I asked Fionel to be clear about it, and the 8thing came out of it, don't know what to tell ya man ^^''

listen ppl be rational for one sec, RSG aren't as*holes, they won't advertise "5 more characters" IN the game, if they really mean you have to paid extra for 3 of them that doesn't make any kind of sense, it's like if Arksys for BBCS included the 3 extra DLC characters in promoting the game as if those were on disc, that would be quite the d*ck move, imho.

plus, frionel keeps saying "FOR NOW" in that very obvious way that you know he know a lot more/all of it, but can spill if because of NDA.

so bottom line don't fear ppl, in the end it will be at least 5+3 I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. (was that expression used correctly at all ? xD being french, I'm still learning everyday^^)

Edit: stream live now> http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/Ure4yo0uE9GL nothing KOF yet though.

There will be training with every characters etc
Hello everyone. I'm Oğuz and I'm new at Dreamcancel forums. Greetings from Turkiye.

I think they're going to add characters like this;
5 on disk
SAIKI+BILLY+TFTP Team
3 DLC
IORI+ SHION(or ADELHEID)+BOTAN
I'm guessing Shion and Botan would be DLC because of the rumour that the rest of DLC characters will be little bit overpowered. I dont think they would want their default characters would spoil the party by being game breaker but being a mid-boss style character I dont think anybody would complain about that.

Shin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 19, 2011, 01:43:44 PM »
ok the training testing is starting now ^^

Edit: yeah! Daifukkatsu FTW :D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:56:21 PM by Shin »

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 19, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »
Thanks!...donpapachi!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:51:06 PM by Chipymax »
Xbox live: Chipymax

Greenwood

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 19, 2011, 02:04:31 PM »
Just to clarify something else ^^

Sharnt and I are French, and we never heard of 8 new characters except from Shin, since the source of this information is a French video cast on elive commentated by Frionel.

Maybe I missed when Frionel talked about it, but I've never heard Frionel talking about 8 characters or 5 characters on disc.

Shin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 19, 2011, 02:16:19 PM »
well I can't c/c the chat from back then, but it's definitly in the stream(I asked him clearly and directily, no mistake), instead of discofirming, just ask him again and we'll see.
Sure, I might be wrong, but I'm still pretty confident in the fact I'm not.

Tizoc

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 19, 2011, 02:31:14 PM »
I'm somewhat confused about the extra characters.
Basically the game will have 5 additional characters. 3 we know of: EX Iori, Saiki and Billy, and 2 yet to be revealed, correct?

Greenwood

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 19, 2011, 02:31:56 PM »
I'm somewhat confused about the extra characters.
Basically the game will have 5 additional characters. 3 we know of: EX Iori, Saiki and Billy, and 2 yet to be revealed, correct?

For now, yes, you are correct.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 19, 2011, 02:56:48 PM »
Stream : http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/Ure4yo0uE9GL You can ask frionel for any question on the current character, the list below are the anwser and test for the char already tested.

;s  = important change for char

It seems every command throw are super/drive cancelable

Kyo :  
Hcb.K can be punish by cr.lk (~-4)
qcf.K connect mid screen after normal moves : cr.B,cr.B,df.D,qcf.D,hcb.B is his new bnb.

Benimaru :  ;s
qcf.AC allow to combo freely after, the opponent is lock mid air, allow lot of mix ups, corner allow to combo j.qcf.C,qcf.C,dp (and it does ton of damage)

Goro :  
Nothing except NM dmg

Terry :  ;s
Combo : J.C,.... 1Ex 1 DC 430Dmg
NM Changes : Whiff less, full invincible, startup to long to punish projectile full screen (>-4)
1 Hit whiff corner
After a guarded cr.B,cr.A,cr.C,qcb.B terry 0 or +1.
Qcb.D >+3 On a crouching opponent

Andy :  
f.A,qcb.P has a hole now.
d.D can be still used as an anti air
100% guard crush press doesn't work anymore.
At the end of the classic hd combo (loop zeinenken/kuhaden break) it seems you can't combo in NM

Joe :  
dp.B travel very fast but doesn't have any invicibility, dp.D has a lot of invincibility but comes out latter.
Frionel isn't skilled enough to test Haregoro stun combo etc.
Ex SDM has more dmg when the opponent fall into the ground
Joe NM seems to start faster etc

Elisabeth : ;s
Overall damage nerf
You need rougly 30 etincelle to fill one Ex bar
qcbqcb.P or EX is unsafe in guard now at close range (Travels the screen while it reach the opponent)
Combo seems to be the same except the double SDM combo

She wins a dash ex (invincible against projectile/low only) which is cancelable by an other EX move freely (ONE EX bar 0 DC bar for the dash ex + move ex follow up) (Dash Ex THROW EX MOHAHAHAHAHAHA)

So it's a new char

DuoLon :  ;s
You can do a cl.C after a f.AC (you can do J.D,cl.C,f.AC,cl.C,f.AC,cl.C,f.AC,rekka, ~450Dmg)
After rekka you can't drive cancel a smoke ball (the projectile) it whiff (Because of the new property), but you can still supercancel the rekka into ex SDM. The ex projectile still juggle

Into maxmode you can do something like 9-10 loops of [qcf+P,f.A]

734 HD 3EX
J.D,s.D,f.AC,s.D,HD,s.D,[(qcf+P)x2, (HDC) f+A]*8,[SC] SDM EX

Shen :  ;s
Takuma bug (command throw SDM CABC seems to work)
Max mode are the same, just end by NM and not a Ex SDM
Qcf.P like Liz need lots of repetition to fill just one bar
qcf.C doesn't guard crush anymore
hcb.f.P,(SC) SDM max does a 440Dmg LOL

Kim
No change except ex SDM/NM

Hwa Jai
Seems to be nerfed you cant do qcf.P*2 in juggle
dp.B seems more invincible

Raiden
Drops 8s/lvl and lvl 4 blow far away

Mai
Ryuenbu A seems to be invincible on the upper body part ONLY, ex doesn't have any invincibility.
Musasabi No Mai (air variant) seems very very positive in guard (if you hit the head of the opponent you can be punish by a low)
SDM EX seems to allow combo after it in corner on air version. Both version have invincibility, ground version can punish projectile at the right range.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:58:41 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

atdsutm

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 19, 2011, 03:22:02 PM »

Billy Kane is considered by Frionel to be broken, because it's so easy to hit confirm for a HD combo with :
close  ;c (3 hits) >  ;bk ;a  >  ;b ;c > etc ...

i hope thats just an issue of being an easy character and not a broken one.

this is getting tense for me, they're probably about to make one of the most balanced kof13 and also the best one yet, but also easily ruined if there's a single broken character.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 19, 2011, 03:53:17 PM »
Elisabeth :
Overall damage nerf
You need rougly 30 etincelle to fill one Ex bar
qcbqcb.P or EX is unsafe in guard now at close range (Travels the screen while it reach the opponent)
Combo seems to be the same except the double SDM combo

She wins a dash ex (invincible against projectile/low only) which is cancelable by an other EX move freely (ONE EX bar 0 DC bar for the dash ex + move ex follow up) (Dash Ex THROW EX MOHAHAHAHAHAHA)

So it's a new char
Woah, woah, woah, hold on a minute.  So, if she does an qcf/qcb+BD, it gives a free cancel to any other EX move?  That sounds really nice.  Did Frionel say anything about how the invincibility works on the EX dash?

DuoLon :
You can do a cl.C after a f.AC (you can do J.D,cl.C,f.AC,cl.C,f.AC,cl.C,f.AC,rekka, ~450Dmg)
After rekka you can't drive cancel a smoke ball (the projectile) it whiff (Because of the new property), but you can still supercancel the rekka into ex SDM. The ex projectile still juggle

Into maxmode you can do something like 9-10 loops of [qcf+P,f.A]

734 HD 3EX
J.D,s.D,f.AC,s.D,HD,s.D,[(qcf+P)x2, (HDC) f+A]*8,[SC] SDM EX
Good stuff.  Not as meter-efficient as some other characters, but at least DL has a way to actually deal damage now.  That's a pretty crazy number of HDCs, though.  I guess it's just because his rekkas and f+A animate so quickly that he doesn't have as much HD time wasted.
Old man/bad player

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 19, 2011, 04:01:25 PM »
1)  So, if she does an qcf/qcb+BD, it gives a free cancel to any other EX move?
2)  Did Frionel say anything about how the invincibility works on the EX dash?
3)  I guess it's just because his rekkas and f+A animate so quickly that he doesn't have as much HD time wasted.
1) Yes, but not exactly, while in dash animation any special move will be an ex one and cancel the dash.
2) Projectile and low, seems full for projectile few frames for low.
3) No it's juste this cancel seems to use less hd bar than before.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:17:40 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Shin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 19, 2011, 04:39:53 PM »
ok, he said, there's 3 on DISC and 3EX DLC (there might be bosses too) he said that's all for now and we'll see for more later, maybe.