Author Topic: Color Edit in The King of Fighters XIII  (Read 46375 times)

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Color Edit in The King of Fighters XIII
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 03:01:19 AM »
That's right! Editing flame colors is good. I need my ghostly blue flames damn it!

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 03:12:44 AM »
I'm I the only one who is going to use color edit to make classic colors? example look at Mai's #2 color (blue) http://fenixware.net/fab/images/costumes/3021/mai_faf.png I going to change the skin/hair color back to normal to look like her old blue color in 98. http://fenixware.net/fab/images/costumes/1977/mai_faf.png

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 03:53:48 AM »
I'm fine with this way, I hated in NGBC how changing just a little some clothes you could screw the whole sprite, plus, I hope that if a change the shirt of some character, I will not change his hair at the same time

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 04:06:34 AM »
I'm I the only one who is going to use color edit to make classic colors?

Naaa, just not the first thing I'll do, lol. But that is a good point, for those who don't wanna create things from scratch, can bring back all those odd classics from past KoF's, Fatal Fury's, AoFs, etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing how many characters get alt-outfit mods, myself. It'd be fantastic if EVERYONE gets one, but I dunno if that's possible, or even reasonable, at this point. Even if not in the release, I'd like to see such as DLC.

I wonder if the "icons" really has anything to do with characters, or if it'll end up being like SF and MvC3's stuff, the online Icons beside your player names and such in lobby. The Iphone version seems to offer titles and simple icons, and that'd be a great reason as to why all those team crest were made.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 04:10:55 AM »
I hope to see flags in the title system, it was cool in mvc3 and ssf iv, even in Castlevania Harmony of Despair for the randomness of it

Waifu Material

KingofSarus

• New Challenger
  • B. Jenet for XIII!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 04:35:08 AM »
KOFXIII already did that, check Yuri, Athena, Benimaru and others Color Pallets. Skullgirls is doing the same of what KOFXIII did, they just color parts of the sprite a certain way to make it look like they wear other stuff. But KOFXIII is going a bit far, they are doing Alternative outfits for the characters, such as giving Takuma his Mr. Karate mask, Raiden not wearing a mask, Original Kyo outfit, Original Elizabeth Outfit and more.

Ah, true, true, but I don't think the customization would be that deep. It would be cool though, but we shall see.

That's right! Editing flame colors is good. I need my ghostly blue flames damn it!

I think editing special attacks would be cool as hell, but I honestly got what I really wanted in this game.

I'm I the only one who is going to use color edit to make classic colors? example look at Mai's #2 color (blue) http://fenixware.net/fab/images/costumes/3021/mai_faf.png I going to change the skin/hair color back to normal to look like her old blue color in 98. http://fenixware.net/fab/images/costumes/1977/mai_faf.png

I'm not going to try to recreate their old-school color schemes, I just want my ladies to exactly color match while looking normal. Haha!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 05:21:52 PM »
One alt costume that I will love to see and will be easy to do is maxima with the head of rocky from robo army, will be a nice reference to older SNK games

Waifu Material

The Gentleman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 08:51:05 PM »
Has anyone been able to translate what the button functions do in the Color Edit Screenshot? In theory, it COULD be more like Fire Pro Returns, where you get a default color, and once you select it, you then get the rgb color chart to toggle around with.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 09:07:55 PM »
Has anyone been able to translate what the button functions do in the Color Edit Screenshot?

No need to translate! They released English screenshots of all console release shots so far. It just seems... hard to find them sometimes!

Such as here: http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/img.pl?image=/previews/ps3/kofxiii/&img=22&imgnum=29&sys=ps3&game=kofxiii&title=The%20King%20of%20Fighters%20XIII

Source: Gaming-Age.com
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:29:56 PM by SAB-CA »

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 10:04:01 PM »
All I know is that since K' can have four colors, I'm so making the Dominican flag.

+ = ?????

NICE!!!
Xbox live: Chipymax

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »
All I know is that since K' can have four colors, I'm so making the Dominican flag.

+ = ?????

NICE!!!

It will be cool if you also make him an albino to make it more accurate

Waifu Material

The Gentleman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 02:20:05 AM »
Has anyone been able to translate what the button functions do in the Color Edit Screenshot?

No need to translate! They released English screenshots of all console release shots so far. It just seems... hard to find them sometimes!

Such as here: http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/img.pl?image=/previews/ps3/kofxiii/&img=22&imgnum=29&sys=ps3&game=kofxiii&title=The%20King%20of%20Fighters%20XIII

Thanks for the Link SAB-CA! That clears up alot! I appreciate it! Maybe the Customizations are the individual areas you can color, like Chipymax's screen cap of K'. Each area of color in that picture may be a different customization. We will see how it turns out. I know I spent a lot of time messing around with XI and 98UM's Editor. I hope I can do the same here, or there is a Pink Ash out fit with Pink Flames. I totally want to annoy people on the net with that one. ;)

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 03:32:11 AM »
It will be cool if you also make him an albino to make it more accurate

I will be trying some crazy combination... wait did they have a K' with an Afro? 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:35:50 AM by Chipymax »
Xbox live: Chipymax

luminair

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 09:49:09 AM »

Thanks for the Link SAB-CA! That clears up alot! I appreciate it! Maybe the Customizations are the individual areas you can color, like Chipymax's screen cap of K'. Each area of color in that picture may be a different customization. We will see how it turns out. I know I spent a lot of time messing around with XI and 98UM's Editor. I hope I can do the same here, or there is a Pink Ash out fit with Pink Flames. I totally want to annoy people on the net with that one. ;)

It always bothered me when my friends would make an all white or all yellow color in XI and sometimes I would have to change the color and lighting on my TV in between matches lol, sooo annoying especially since a lot of the XI stages were colorful as hell. :P

The Gentleman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 08:30:51 PM »
Yeah, I've been burnt by that before too.