Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364642 times)

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #525 on: September 23, 2011, 04:07:40 AM »
People will still find something to complain, so no surprises there. I expect a lot of bawwws when the last characters get confirmed, or when the game gets released.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 23, 2011, 04:29:39 AM »
He's the anti-Luther Blissett!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 23, 2011, 05:07:16 AM »

one friend posted this The official hallow of kofers lol

[spoiler]Our Orochi, Who art in a seal,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy SNK come.
Thy Orochinagi be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us a KOF our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who play Street Fighter IV.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from Ono. Amen.[/spoiler]

We should change orochi for luther blisset or pablofsi lol

Anyway, I really want a poster from XIII, but I don't where I could make one.

BTW which new options has training mode on console? Today I played for first time on the arcade and was really good for what it was

Waifu Material

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 23, 2011, 05:27:24 AM »
Prof Just posted this at MMC:

Quick news for the hardcore KOF fans: looks like the community will be getting its first two KOF-dedicated semiprofessional players.

Dune and Ogosho announced today that they're currently going through paperworks for contract with elive. They won't get paid a salary or anything, but they'll have their travel and accomodation fees paid in place for playing as an elive member. The contract apparently has a very weak bind so there's nothing mandatory, and they can continue to stream on nico as they used to.

It seems also that this may be one of the first steps towards advertizing elive in Japan, as the service is reportedly slated to launch services soon.

Thier first travel as elive players will be domestic at Duelling in Kyoto if the paperworks make it on time. They aren't planning to make any trips overseas any time soon, at least during the current year. Dune apparently doesn't like planes. They should be going to Evo next year (if 13 is there of course).

I wonder if elive would sponsor any US players? Either way, this is pretty nice news to hear. One step towards KoF XIII at Evo, is having people who want to play it, able to get there...

Hell yes this is great news, one step closer to making XIII a mainstream fighting game.  I forsee many other companies following suit.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 23, 2011, 05:31:24 AM »
I'm no one in particular, just another person in this forum that got in contact with people that, at the same time, obtained the info, they really this time, from people in charge of stuff.

No, he's saying that he has info that SNKP/Atlus/RSG hasn't released. He's saying if they don't announce it by Oct 15th, he'll let us in on the secret.

And without trying to sound like a dick, we've heard the "I have secret info about XIII, just trust me okay?" thing before. It's much more effective if you tell us HOW you know this. Or, more importantly, WHO you are. The anonymous tipster just doesn't carry much credibility these days. Sorry.

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 23, 2011, 11:56:59 AM »
I still don't get why people are expecting news from SNKP about the netcode, unless is GGPO I don't know any other netcode, so is obvious that their information will be ''yeah this netcode will gonna kick ass, is amazing''

Blazblue/Arcana style netcode is really very good also.  if SNK gives us that I'll be very happy.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 23, 2011, 12:27:18 PM »
I think i said this before , GGPO is not the Alpha and Omega of netcodes, a fighting game doesn't need GGPO to have good online, maybe the best example is BlazBlue.

Of course it all depends on the people making the no-GGPO-netcode.

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 23, 2011, 02:25:06 PM »
Cross-post with NeoGAF:

So I sent a mail to the Swedish retailer Webhallen yesterday, asking if they're gonna stock the preorder bonus. Got this reply (roughly translated):
Quote from:
Hello,

for the time being, it doesn't look like any Swedish provider (sorry. Not sure if that's the right word. Supplier maybe?) is going to stock the game, but we're looking around at our international providers too. Sadly, we can't give a yes/no answer right now, it's gonna be a bit more wait and see.
Well if this is true, that's going to suck. :(

The chance of the game being popular in Sweden would decrease, and I'm gonna have to wait extra long if I have to import it. :<

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 23, 2011, 05:06:37 PM »
While I do agree with the above posts that GGPO isn't the be-all-end-all of netcode, I just wanted to point out that BB's netcode is helped by certain features of that game, like the 5 frame autorepeat or the huge throwbreak windows.  If you put the exact same netcode with KOF, people will complain about it not being as good because of KOF not having those mechanics tailored for online play.
Old man/bad player

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 23, 2011, 05:27:34 PM »
While I do agree with the above posts that GGPO isn't the be-all-end-all of netcode, I just wanted to point out that BB's netcode is helped by certain features of that game, like the 5 frame autorepeat or the huge throwbreak windows.  If you put the exact same netcode with KOF, people will complain about it not being as good because of KOF not having those mechanics tailored for online play.
In my experiences with BB, I've mostly had matches where lag/delay was extremely low. Such can be noticed simply doing a 5A with a character and see how fast it will come out.

Of course. That might be helped by me having good connections to a lot of the people I play with.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 23, 2011, 05:39:30 PM »
Oh, yeah, I'm not saying the netcode for BB is bad or anything.  It's pretty good, and I wouldn't complain if online XIII feels about the same.  Just mentioned that because I know I've seen a lot of people blur the line between BB having good netcode and BB being made with online play in mind.
Old man/bad player

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 23, 2011, 06:12:18 PM »
Oh, yeah, I'm not saying the netcode for BB is bad or anything.  It's pretty good, and I wouldn't complain if online XIII feels about the same.  Just mentioned that because I know I've seen a lot of people blur the line between BB having good netcode and BB being made with online play in mind.
Oh, sorry about that.

But yeah, the 5 frame buffer, among other stuff, helps online a lot.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:15:19 PM by Grokbu »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 23, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »

The chance of the game being popular in Sweden would decrease, and I'm gonna have to wait extra long if I have to import it. :<

Makes sense, rsg is a uk based publisher so they publish in the uk. All other countries around gb may suffer at the very least a delay because they will ofc see to their own market first and foremost. If you want the game at a good time, use the retailer rsg recommends from their site; www.amazon.co.uk. I've ordered the game for myself and a couple of friends so we could split the cost of shipping and happily take the fastest option wich promises 1-2 days and the game sent on the 27th.

Also, the game costs about 350 sek from amazon so it is really cheap seeing how currency currently stands and since uk is a part of eu we probably won't have to pay toll either because sweden is supposed to be more open to trades with other countries inside.

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 23, 2011, 08:02:55 PM »

Makes sense, rsg is a uk based publisher so they publish in the uk. All other countries around gb may suffer at the very least a delay because they will ofc see to their own market first and foremost. If you want the game at a good time, use the retailer rsg recommends from their site; www.amazon.co.uk. I've ordered the game for myself and a couple of friends so we could split the cost of shipping and happily take the fastest option wich promises 1-2 days and the game sent on the 27th.

Also, the game costs about 350 sek from amazon so it is really cheap seeing how currency currently stands and since uk is a part of eu we probably won't have to pay toll either because sweden is supposed to be more open to trades with other countries inside.
Ah, I see. I thought that RSG published for all of Europe, but that might not be the case.

Also, thanks. I think I'll go with amazon.co.uk. Since they're recommended by RSG themselves, I'm pretty sure they're getting the preorder bonus too (it's not that big a deal if I get it or not. But since I'm preordering, I might as well).

As you mentioned, I save about 250 SEK too, than if it was sold in Sweden and I bought it here.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 23, 2011, 08:13:49 PM »
has anyone confirmed that those dlc leak pictures were fake or not