Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 367430 times)

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #750 on: September 28, 2011, 05:39:33 PM »
Snip
Two things

1. THeir are about 10 new characters getting added into UMvC3 on top of al;l the system changes that seem like it's going to make the game alot better.

2. Uh, most people agree that SSFIV is all about going in, which is reflected by the top tier all being rushdown pretty much.

Please try to learn something before typing.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 28, 2011, 05:41:48 PM »
On topic, guys. If you want to talk about other games, please do so in the Social Club area.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #752 on: September 28, 2011, 07:00:32 PM »
i need characters that can run after these bitches as fast as them.

Makoto, Fei Long, Yun/Yang.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 28, 2011, 07:05:16 PM »
So with one extra month leading to the console release, what do you think we can do with the arcade version till then? I've been doing a lot to tell people to try the arcade version and not wait to play the console version just yet because they're very similar.

In a sense, that's true. The mechanics for the game won't change to be a completely different game anymore than UMvC3, AE2012, and MK9 patches will be for other games. So it's a selling point to get them to try the game and get interested in it. Although there aren't many arcades around, I also think showing people footage of the gameplay gets people going. It's real useful to show them that there's so many options and ways to go about winning that it makes it more a thinking game. People will have their stigmas, but it's always a matter of trying.

Back to my main point, how have you all been trying to hype up the Console release?

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 28, 2011, 07:07:22 PM »
Amazon.co.uk has changed release date for November 25th
I see. Thanks for pointing it out. That's probably gonna be the release date over here.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 28, 2011, 08:09:17 PM »
RSG will announce official release date very soon, stay tuned  ;)
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Gamerboy15

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 28, 2011, 09:05:51 PM »
So with one extra month leading to the console release, what do you think we can do with the arcade version till then? I've been doing a lot to tell people to try the arcade version and not wait to play the console version just yet because they're very similar.

In a sense, that's true. The mechanics for the game won't change to be a completely different game anymore than UMvC3, AE2012, and MK9 patches will be for other games. So it's a selling point to get them to try the game and get interested in it. Although there aren't many arcades around, I also think showing people footage of the gameplay gets people going. It's real useful to show them that there's so many options and ways to go about winning that it makes it more a thinking game. People will have their stigmas, but it's always a matter of trying.

Back to my main point, how have you all been trying to hype up the Console release?

Yeah, I've been keeping up with my hype for console release. I kept going to FFA to go practice combos with my main team on the arcade cabinet and also a little bit of some casuals with some random people too. Not only that but I was trying to keep my momentum in my mind while I was playing some guy on KoFXIII cabinet. Apparently, I sometime lose sight of what my he was doing. So that's it. I just kept studying and playing the game itself until the console release.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 28, 2011, 09:21:16 PM »
It seems SNKP Playmore also delayed the game to TBA 2011.

They updated their website, blog and Trailer:
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/09/the_king_of_fighters_xiii.html

Andriasang seems to have summarize the blog:
http://andriasang.com/comycq/

As reason for the delay, SNK Playmore said that it wants to deliver a better product to players.

Spectator mode incoming?

EDIT: More info by Toxico on MMCafe: http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13301.shtml#58676
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:29:58 PM by DarKaoZ »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 28, 2011, 09:55:40 PM »
I don't get the desire for Spectator mode. It's a nice feature, but all I care about is good netcode and good balance. Everything else is just icing. Spectator mode is not worth delaying the game by a month and making it compete with UMVC3.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 28, 2011, 10:19:36 PM »
I don't get the desire for Spectator mode. It's a nice feature, but all I care about is good netcode and good balance. Everything else is just icing. Spectator mode is not worth delaying the game by a month and making it compete with UMVC3.

Whats not to like? I mean, you can have a room full of friends and have a great time. Or make a room full of good players and see how they do against each other and analyze the match before you fight them. If you just want to fight random strangers and hope to get a good match, that is why you have Rank matches.

So there is no harm in having the mode.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 28, 2011, 10:24:56 PM »
Well for me (and this is just going off of my 3SOE experience) I don't really get to see too much high level shit while I spectate. Mostly just randoms being random. If I want to watch some high level matches I'm going to Youtube instead of Spectating.

That's just me though.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #761 on: September 28, 2011, 10:27:15 PM »
As reason for the delay, SNK Playmore said that it wants to deliver a better product to players.

and pigs fly.

i just canceled my preorder.gonna buy it used if i remember this game exists or if it even gets released.Great job playmore and keep up the good work as always!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 28, 2011, 10:33:40 PM »
Well for me (and this is just going off of my 3SOE experience) I don't really get to see too much high level shit while I spectate. Mostly just randoms being random. If I want to watch some high level matches I'm going to Youtube instead of Spectating.

That's just me though.

Well that depends on the people you have in the room. If you have fought them before and have them in your friend list, you can make a room and invite all the people you have fought and think they are good. Then see them fight and then fight them again. But like I said, it's all depending of what you want.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 28, 2011, 10:51:01 PM »

and pigs fly.

i just canceled my preorder.gonna buy it used if i remember this game exists or if it even gets released.Great job playmore and keep up the good work as always!

Are you serious?  You're gonna cancel your preorder because they decided to hold off for one month to deliver a superior product?  Would you prefer they release it earlier, have something be crappy and wait on patches constantly?

Them releasing the game later is more of a detriment to SNKP than it is to us as a player base.  Those who want the game get a better product, SNKP and Atlus get less sales due to when they're releasing the game.  If they chose to move it back, I'm gonna assume it was for a damn good reason, especially considering how much is riding on the success on this game.

Also...hey, at least we GOT a new release date.  Most developers and publishers who delay games don't give us a solid release date (Looks at Valve...why do they hurt me so?).

If it for some reason gets delayed again, then we can all duck into the storm shelters.  But it seems trivial unless there's another game you really want to buy in November.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 28, 2011, 10:55:40 PM »
Don't take Noah seriously. It's likely for attention.

Though, it isn't surprising the more irrational people in the world would do this. It is a sad thing, but we can only hope the finished product is worth the wait.