Author Topic: KOFXIII Grand Opening Online Tournament (Please Read 1st Post. Updated 11-27-11)  (Read 35388 times)

StolenHope

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Count me In! I'm gettin XIII for both consoles but Count me in for PS3!
PSN Gamertag is StolenHope

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
If you can save replays, is there a way to send it to someone through PSN to record and upload? I think it would be a good idea to have some replays up for documentation purposes (and proof since there isn't spectator mode).
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Audio33

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Sounds like fun. I'm getting KOF XIII for Xbox 360 and my GT is Audio33

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
If you can save replays, is there a way to send it to someone through PSN to record and upload? I think it would be a good idea to have some replays up for documentation purposes (and proof since there isn't spectator mode).
I don't believe that will be possible. I think the best we can do is ask those who have capture devices or camcorders to upload their fights to youtube, then post them in the tournament results thread.

affinity

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I wonder if photos off of the replay videos can count, like if I manage to borrow a camera that doesn't record video but can take pictures, taking like snapshots of the end of each round results with maybe K.O. or 1P/2P WIN on the screen (I think online will display PSN IDs on the top somewhere anyway, so that would further confirm the pictures to be legit.)  

I don't know about the final round, though, if someone is finished with a super/neomax, the HUD disappears, unless the victory screen shows the PSN IDs somewhere, or maybe the "lobby" or whatever keeps Win Count, snapshots like that can help confirm who won.  

I don't think replay sharing is allowed.  I think you can only upload replays if you are like in the top 100, and that's just for ranked matches, I think.    It would be nice if replay sharing is allowed, or like Smackdown vs. Raw 2010, you could directly upload replays to Youtube straight from the game itself!   But I don't think the replay options have features like that, though it would be nice if replay sharing is possible somehow, that could make things a lot easier for those without video cameras or digital cameras/cables at all.

Well I am interested in signing up but I'll have to find a camera first.

Oh I have question about during the tournament, you will be using a website to run the tournament?  What about those that can't use PC while they are using their console online?  

It would be troublesome going back and forth to see what's going on, but I think PSN chat supports like 16 or so people, so maybe people will spread the news/updates live through the text chat, even across separate text chat rooms if there are a lot more people than 1 text chat room can fit.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:28:22 PM by affinity »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
I wonder if photos off of the replay videos can count, like if I manage to borrow a camera that doesn't record video but can take pictures, taking like snapshots of the end of each round results with maybe K.O. or 1P/2P WIN on the screen (I think online will display PSN IDs on the top somewhere anyway, so that would further confirm the pictures to be legit.)   

I don't know about the final round, though, if someone is finished with a super/neomax, the HUD disappears, unless the victory screen shows the PSN IDs somewhere, or maybe the "lobby" or whatever keeps Win Count, snapshots like that can help confirm who won. 

I don't think replay sharing is allowed.  I think you can only upload replays if you are like in the top 100, and that's just for ranked matches, I think.    It would be nice if replay sharing is allowed, or like Smackdown vs. Raw 2010, you could directly upload replays to Youtube straight from the game itself!   But I don't think the replay options have features like that, though it would be nice if replay sharing is possible somehow, that could make things a lot easier for those without video cameras or digital cameras/cables at all.

Well I am interested in signing up but I'll have to find a camera first.

Oh I have question about during the tournament, you will be using a website to run the tournament?  What about those that can't use PC while they are using their console online?   

It would be troublesome going back and forth to see what's going on, but I think PSN chat supports like 16 or so people, so maybe people will spread the news/updates live through the text chat, even across separate text chat rooms if there are a lot more people than 1 text chat room can fit.

Welcome Affinity, I'm glad you finally joined us :)
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
@affinity
I think we have a misunderstanding. I'm not asking people for proof of their wins. There are far too many people in this tournament for me to have to deal with waiting on vids or screenshots from every single fight. I just think it would be nice if people who can post vids of their matches for others to enjoy.

Since I am running a tournament on both systems at the same time I have decided to use the toolbar chat here on dreamcancel as the place for people to report their wins/losses to me. If for whatever reason someone can't do that they need to send me a pm and we'll work something out.

I expect everyone to be honest with their results. Anyone caught lying will be banned from any other events I host.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
You should edit your first post for the list of players

affinity

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
thanks
@affinity
I think we have a misunderstanding. I'm not asking people for proof of their wins. There are far too many people in this tournament for me to have to deal with waiting on vids or screenshots from every single fight. I just think it would be nice if people who can post vids of their matches for others to enjoy.

Since I am running a tournament on both systems at the same time I have decided to use the toolbar chat here on dreamcancel as the place for people to report their wins/losses to me. If for whatever reason someone can't do that they need to send me a pm and we'll work something out.

I expect everyone to be honest with their results. Anyone caught lying will be banned from any other events I host.

Yeah I'm sure it will be fine.  But vids/screenshots help make the results more legit and tournament more exposed to the public, but that is natural to make vids/pics optional since not everyone has those resources.   I'm still gonna try to borrow a camera though because it would make the matches better than just a statistic.  ^_^

Do you have a backup plan in case for example, two players argue they won the match and neither has proof?  

maybe both players are eliminated/disqualified and marked as a draw to ensure the liar doesn't progress (I'm sure the winner would be okay with that as long as the opponent who lost doesn't advance either.)?    :)  

There are a lot of tournament situations to consider and prepare for anyways, like people not showing up.    Possible disconnection or incompatibility, forcing players to resign from the tournament or redo the match. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:28:37 PM by affinity »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
When the tournament happens, we will see I guess...and if there are problems, somethings will have to change for next time.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
I've run quite a few online tournaments and have never had the issue of players lying about wins. I doubt we'll see that here. We'll be backing MTM up so things should run as smoothly as possible.

affinity

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I've run quite a few online tournaments and have never had the issue of players lying about wins. I doubt we'll see that here. We'll be backing MTM up so things should run as smoothly as possible.

oh yea I'm sure it will go smoothly!   It's just good to consider and plan ahead so solutions can quickly remedy any situation.  :)  

So when people report the match results, it's only sent/received officially and directly through that toolbar chat thing?    Like what if two people on consoles (without PC access) finish their match and for whatever reason can't access the toolbar chat or forums,  do they send their message across the PSN chat room they are in so someone else can report for them, no wait that doesn't make sense.

oh wait, PS3 has a browser, but I wonder if that is compatible with the toolbar chat thing,  it isn't compatible with a lot of software and certain websites and the tool bar probably won't register on PS3 browser.  Well maybe the forums can still work through that.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
@PureYeti

I already said I was going to do that. Pay attention or the next time we get together for some KOF I'll stare at you for uncomfortably long periods of time.  :)

@affinity

I made it clear in the first post that I'm running this thing in the toolbar chat. Anyone who can't manage that needs to send me a pm. So far no one has said they have a problem with doing it so I can only assume everything is gravy. Unless, are you telling me using the toolbar chat is going to be a problem for you? The only reason I'm not telling everyone what the alternative to the toolbar chat is going to be is I don't want people abusing it. The moment you start giving people options they start doing whatever the hell they like and that makes it harder on me.

I actually do have a plan for all the things you mentioned so don't worry about it. I have been planning this thing for months now. I got this!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:34:11 AM by MetalThrashingMadman »

evilragnarok

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
PS3
evilragnarok

Hope there's still room

Also, can anyone advise on how to foward the ports on my router for the ps3? I look online and everything is just all so confusing @.@

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
I run a tournament that day but i think i can play. XBL SRKDrFaust
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???