Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362058 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2011, 11:13:13 PM »
It's incredible to see the support KOFXIII is getting from the players at shoryuken.com. Every time a change list is posted on the homepage, a lot of players are impressed by the manner in which SNKP is rebalancing the game.

Honestly, the updates never fail to impress me. It's astounding that, not that long ago, we were unsure XIII would see a console release, and now we're seeing an amazing amount of effort being out into it.

Looks like the new president did an amazing job. If the netcode is playable SNKp and KOF are officially resurrected!

Btw the chill out warning was for me nilcam? Sorry but I asked 3 times and I didnt get an answer that's why I reposted.

That was a general warning, not aimed at you personally.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2011, 11:26:55 PM »

Honestly, the updates never fail to impress me. It's astounding that, not that long ago, we were unsure XIII would see a console release, and now we're seeing an amazing amount of effort being out into it.

LOL remember this: http://dreamcancel.com/2011/01/18/masaaki-kukino-leaves-snkplaymore/

All of these changes to the console version, has there been any word of an arcade patch or something? Or do you think SNKP might just focus on the console version?

Ahh...that was near the end of the dark ages.  Still insane how far we've survived with how little we had to work with.

As for an arcade patch, I really hope so and if sales does well for console you never know.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 01, 2011, 12:03:19 AM »
Probably 10, that's my estimate. With pirating and cracking going on, they'll probably put the brunt of people who won't pay on the people who will.

That being said, that's why I assume it'll be 10 or close to it.
think that might be a little to much just for one character even more if you have the game on both consoles

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2011, 12:12:41 AM »

Kuso, thanks for having the guts to try out DLC Iori at the MCM, unlike most of the other bozos that just used their regular characters.

No probs, I had fun using him and I knew people wanted to see more footage of him so I spent most of my time trying to test him out.

I also picked Saiki as well in my semi finals match against MichelS, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be saved into the archived video. =_=

but can he DC from the regular grab on HD mode now?

As far as I could tell the cancel into his super is only possible with the EX grab-> elbow, I don't think the normal grab has any cancel properties.

I don't know how I missed this post, but thanks Kuso for putting on a great show.  As a XIII Clark user myself I'm very excited that's he's more competitive now with his new [SC].

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2011, 12:19:05 AM »
even though im fresh meat to KOF (kinda) im really impressed on the console changes. I mean compared to street fighter its just amazing, everybody gets buffed up and very few characters get nerfed then you look at SF and there are more nerfs then buffs bery bery impressive.

just wanted to show a lil love for KOF XIII o yea and can someone point me to the thread with the tournament thats going to happen on console. I just got a new ps3 and im back on track

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2011, 12:26:31 AM »
just wanted to show a lil love for KOF XIII o yea and can someone point me to the thread with the tournament thats going to happen on console. I just got a new ps3 and im back on track

Here ya go.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2011, 02:24:18 AM »
Here ya go.

Thanks for that Kane. Since the subject is up I might as well mention that sign-ups for this tournament have been going very well. It looks like there will be a very interesting mix of competition so it will most certainly be a tournament to remember.

For those who have already signed up I ask that you go back and check your posts. Some of you failed to mention your gamertag, what system you want to play on, or both. I really don't feel like sending a pm to every one who forgot so everyone please double check that all your information is there.  Thanks.

@KusoGaki:  You did a fantastic job man. Watching you kick ass with Clark was a real pleasure. I rooted for you till the end.

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2011, 11:51:15 AM »
Probably 10, that's my estimate. With pirating and cracking going on, they'll probably put the brunt of people who won't pay on the people who will.

That being said, that's why I assume it'll be 10 or close to it.

I think a good number of the folks who have cracked/pirated are doing it just to play the game early, and will pay when it comes out.  Those sort of pirates don't really hurt the company, as they pay for the game in the end.

They won't be able to get away with 10 I think.  $8 max like Blazblue, and most likely $5.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2011, 12:14:13 PM »
Here ya go.

Thanks for that Kane. Since the subject is up I might as well mention that sign-ups for this tournament have been going very well. It looks like there will be a very interesting mix of competition so it will most certainly be a tournament to remember.

For those who have already signed up I ask that you go back and check your posts. Some of you failed to mention your gamertag, what system you want to play on, or both. I really don't feel like sending a pm to every one who forgot so everyone please double check that all your information is there.  Thanks.

@KusoGaki:  You did a fantastic job man. Watching you kick ass with Clark was a real pleasure. I rooted for you till the end.

Hey madman I am from cyprus (south europe) am I allowed to sigh up?

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2011, 02:01:17 PM »
Hey madman I am from cyprus (south europe) am I allowed to sigh up?
Anyone is welcome to sign up. Though if you are in Europe that does mean you'll have to stay up pretty late. If that's something you can deal with then sign up.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2011, 02:33:17 PM »
The DLC EX Team should cost no more than $10 and include all three characters. $8 each is insane; hell, $5 each is pushing it.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 01, 2011, 03:17:23 PM »
Have a feeling they will be bought individually seeing as how Japan get's Iori by himself as the pre-order bonus. Prices will likely be reasonable, but sad thing is they could make it $10 each and I would still have to purchase all of them....

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2011, 03:25:55 PM »
dlc characters should not cost more than 3 a pop max.

also im glad theres no XI UM, fuck em. now if the game was also coming to ps3 that would be a different story. even though i was not a fan of tagging, with the shittastic cast of characters XI had, 03 characters such as yamazaki and jhun would be awesome in an XI UM.

people willing to pay more than 3 a pop for dlc chars are whats fucking up the industry right now by giving of wrong signals, not everybody is willing to bend over and get fucked capcom style.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2011, 03:42:12 PM »
The DLC EX Team should cost no more than $10 and include all three characters. $8 each is insane; hell, $5 each is pushing it.
thing about that is what if somebody only wanted 1 out of those 3 characters that would be a huge waste of 10 dollars

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 01, 2011, 04:10:25 PM »
3 a pop or all for 9 seems to be the most unfair fair price. imo they sould have just been on disc and have the disc cost 5 bucks more.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!