Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362245 times)

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #900 on: November 17, 2011, 08:23:15 AM »
in my opinion Terry is close to dead last, He has almost no new options game play wise aside from the new chain, and his buffs are minimal when compared to other characters. He's either in the same spot as before, which was mid low, or just straight up one of the last characters this time around
" you fight well in the old style"

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 17, 2011, 08:28:07 AM »
I feel they didn't have to change Terry much because he was already really balanced. There's still plenty of potential!

Joekusa

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 17, 2011, 08:36:12 AM »
I don't find HUD option... And, I think I'll try the online this evening (here, it is 7.30 am...)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 17, 2011, 08:45:17 AM »
Terry has always been a solid Mid-tier character in almost every game he's been in. He doesn't have any flaws, but if you try to buff him too much you might break him. Giving him that crouching chain was really smart and widens his options.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 17, 2011, 09:16:11 AM »
in my opinion Terry is close to dead last, He has almost no new options game play wise aside from the new chain, and his buffs are minimal when compared to other characters. He's either in the same spot as before, which was mid low, or just straight up one of the last characters this time around

^Coming from a Terry user of 17months and he's played console extensively.

---

I suppose I'll give my own opinion of the console tiers since I can technically derived that from the official blog changes.  Note, top tier in console does not equal the definition of top tier in arcade edition of course--as always, it's just a relative term.  Usual disclaimer:  I've barely played the the console in versus mode which is usually when the tier stuff starts to come out and of course these are preliminary assessments are most likely going to change.

Top characters contenders in no particular order: Kensou, Saiki, Kyo, Yuri, Claw Iori

Least effective character: Terry, Leona, Mai  

One thing to note, Terry and Mai are still stronger than their arcade counterpart despite where I ranked them now.  Leona has been nerfed overall IMHO.

The game still is the most balanced KOF ever--there I said it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 09:34:51 AM by Kane317 »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 17, 2011, 09:33:39 AM »
The game still is the most balanced KOF ever--there I said it.

Hopefully that stays that way after some months in the Lab.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 17, 2011, 09:38:11 AM »
I don't find HUD option... And, I think I'll try the online this evening (here, it is 7.30 am...)
Hi, I'm in France too, if you want test the online this evening I'm ok!
I will add you on PS3!

J'ai checké N-A, aussi et pris ma copie à répu. également! ;)
Je ne suis pas sur N-A, mais je t'adicionerais si tu vx, histoire qu'on teste le online!

KoF 4 EVA

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 17, 2011, 09:44:50 AM »
dont get y people talk about tiers when u kno who ur already gonna use no matter how garbage a character is its up to the player to make em god like (i hate talkin bout tiers....)

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 17, 2011, 09:56:12 AM »
dont get y people talk about tiers when u kno who ur already gonna use no matter how garbage a character is its up to the player to make em god like (i hate talkin bout tiers....)
rather agree... tiers is to SF stalking... hahaahaaa lol

KOF doesn't need that desagrement!  xD
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:00:35 AM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 17, 2011, 09:56:29 AM »

Just because Bala, Mr Kof, and Reynald can make arcade Goro look l33t doesn't change the objective fact he has fewer effective tools to work with than the rest.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 17, 2011, 09:58:56 AM »
rather agree... tiers is to SF stalking... hahaahaaa lol

KOF dont need that desagrement!  xD

KOF also tends to do Ratio Tourneys, so Tiers actually do need to be established for that.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 17, 2011, 10:05:02 AM »
KOF also tends to do Ratio Tourneys, so Tiers actually do need to be established for that.

Personally I think the gap's too small to ever do a ratio tourney for console edition--that balanced.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #912 on: November 17, 2011, 10:07:45 AM »
Hi, I'm in France too, if you want test the online this evening I'm ok!
I will add you on PS3!

J'ai checké N-A, aussi et pris ma copie à répu. également! ;)
Je ne suis pas sur N-A, mais je t'adicionerais si tu vx, histoire qu'on teste le online!

Some thoughts about the online?
thanks! merci!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 17, 2011, 10:14:15 AM »

Personally I think the gap's too small to ever do a ratio tourney for console edition--that balanced.

I know, but we still have to break down the game ourselves and sit down with it before we can truly make that decision.  We never know.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

blackgenma

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 17, 2011, 10:53:30 AM »

I've notice that you've never really commented on his neomax buff (or should I say "fix"). is terry's neomax that insignificant after the improvements (like it actually working in corners now and the ability to combo off of it for better damage.)? also his ability to do better combos with less meter thanks to the buster wolf buff not important at all?

though I have not really have note worthy time with the game, from all the info I've gathered from this character, I don't deny that he's not particularly strong. his buffs in the console version only highlight just how bad his arcade counterpart is. I think they should have tried to give him better mix up options. either that or make his current special moves more robust, like improving his crackshoot (make it overhead again or something). his 98 rising tackle would be nice too, as was mentioned on the elive discussion.

I'm still gonna put the fool on my team regardless.  :)