Author Topic: General rules + known sources of KOF XIII frame data?  (Read 4490 times)

Ben Reed

• Mod Team
  • New Challenger
    • View Profile
General rules + known sources of KOF XIII frame data?
« on: November 10, 2011, 07:56:21 AM »
Trying to compile some resources for people who want to play KOF XIII around Orlando, and from what I can see there really isn't much for frame data for this game. So I just have a few quick questions on that front:

1. How fast is the startup on REGULAR throws in this game? Same speed as fastest normal attacks, or faster? I presume they're at least 2 frames to start up, so that 1-frame command throws can have something to feel special about.

2. Are there any non-English (Japanese, Spanish-language, or otherwise) wikis/forums with more complete frame data than what little I could find on Dream Cancel/SRK?

3. Are there any currently announced physical strategy guides, English or otherwise, that will include full frame data for KOF XIII?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: General rules + known sources of KOF XIII frame data?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 08:16:52 AM »
I think I have the answer to your first question, but with the new version, that could change. Anyway, grabs have 3 frames of start up. This is  proven because moves with 3 frames of recovery like Kyo's Shiki Kai D version is 3 frames and you can get grabbed out of that. K' narrow spike is 2 frames of recovery and he can dp after if you attempt to grab him during those 2 frames which leads me to believe grabs are 3 frames of start up. However, things like pushing back are big factors and can make things a bit harder to punish.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 12:16:23 AM »
there wan't any frame data for the arcade version to my knowledge.

btw an identical thread to this about frame data was made not to long ago in general discussion, and they said similar things.  

* edit

i'm wrong
forgive me
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:24:10 AM by darkTown2 »
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 12:22:44 AM »

btw an identical thread to this about frame data was made not to long ago in general discussion, and they said similar things.   

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1194.0

Yes there is. My friends helped translate it.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 02:00:45 AM »

btw an identical thread to this about frame data was made not to long ago in general discussion, and they said similar things.   i'm wrong

sorry i didn't see it in the wiki when i first came to DC.

is somebody going to update the wiki with the info, or are we going to wait till we get all of the data?
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 02:16:42 AM »

btw an identical thread to this about frame data was made not to long ago in general discussion, and they said similar things.   i'm wrong

sorry i didn't see it in the wiki when i first came to DC.

is somebody going to update the wiki with the info, or are we going to wait till we get all of the data?

The data was never complete so we never added the info.  Especially with the console the frame data is a whole new ball game so we decided it's best to leave it out.  Here's to hoping they release a new Mook!

giga_d

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 11:32:40 PM »
regarding frame data, was the info in the mook also containing things like startup frames for each move? It seems different from the way I look at it using this source http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009/feb/17/how-read-frame-data-street-fighter-4/ (Sorry about the link here, there is no KOF version.) I assume the translated mook data is talking only about recovery frames post active frames.

I was wondering if doing frame data vids like the one I beta'd for KOF2k2UM would help for KOF13. I can't calculate recovery frames from what I remember from testing so any new mook would be great in that respect.

Here is some of the beta work. I tried to not only look at frame data but the hit boxes and express range too.

I will definitely look at some moves in kof 13 and make some short videos for the most common moves per character to reduce the workload. Any help or advice on how to better the information or what information is not needed would be great. If you have any personal recommendations for moves I could see if I can fit them in too.