Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354236 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:on disk DLC edition
« Reply #705 on: March 11, 2012, 06:41:55 AM »
I finished the fight...

It's that short?

I played the game to fucking death over the past week.  It's 30-40 hours, and I didn't go that hard at the side missions.

And yeah, the ending...not fun.  Really hesitant to play it again, which is a damn shame because I loved the other 99% of the game.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 11, 2012, 07:44:24 AM »
Nosferatu on the SNES is fucking hard. I had it in my roms and started playing it again and thinking 'holy shit this is awesome!' the graphics are similar to Clock Tower on SNES and the controls are pretty good considering it's basically Prince of Persia with fighting mechanics... Then I get to the 2nd level. It's still good but the game starts playing cheap... Now 3rd level. I'm using an emulator and the game has infinite continues and it's still hard as shit. Just impossibly cheap enemies that cannot be killed and plenty of cheap one hit kills. And suddenly I'm missing my jumps.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:06:00 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 11, 2012, 08:01:36 AM »

I played the game to fucking death over the past week.  It's 30-40 hours, and I didn't go that hard at the side missions.

And yeah, the ending...not fun.  Really hesitant to play it again, which is a damn shame because I loved the other 99% of the game.

Figures, I thought you'd 100% the game like I do.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 11, 2012, 08:05:41 AM »
I usually save 100%'s on Second Runthroughs.  Trying to do it right away leaves me too detached from the story.  Need that emotion to get me through...though in hindsight, that probably made the ending that much more of a kick to my crotch.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 11, 2012, 08:24:17 AM »
I never do second runthroughs in RPGs though. It's a waste of time in my opinion and I play a lot of RPGs.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 11, 2012, 08:38:57 AM »
I never do second runthroughs in RPGs though. It's a waste of time in my opinion and I play a lot of RPGs.

Well I eventually come back to all games I play.  If I had no intention of ever playing a game more than once, I won't buy it period.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 11, 2012, 09:35:39 AM »
I do it to support the company, but there's so many good games that by going back to others, I miss out on new opportunities.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 11, 2012, 10:04:50 AM »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 11, 2012, 05:20:41 PM »
Haha. Mass Effect fans are petitioning a change for the ending already. This is too good.

I personally always thought their writing staff was overrated, but this is sad. I feel pretty bad for them.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 11, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »
Haha. Mass Effect fans are petitioning a change for the ending already. This is too good.

I personally always thought their writing staff was overrated, but this is sad. I feel pretty bad for them.

...I sort of don't mind the ending but it's depressing and nowhere near fleshed out enough.  For something that needed closure, you got none of it.  They got lazy writing that ending out.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 11, 2012, 06:35:22 PM »
I blame the gay romance options.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 11, 2012, 06:44:24 PM »
I blame the gay romance options.
every man would sleep with garrus

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 11, 2012, 06:49:51 PM »
...Okay then, though romance takes an enormous backseat in this game so yeah, don't worry.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 11, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »
i do hope bioware picks up though most of their games ive played this gen have been meh especially SWTOR that game should have been in beta a few more months before release

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 11, 2012, 08:09:39 PM »
...Okay then, though romance takes an enormous backseat in this game so yeah, don't worry.

I was obviously joking. I'm pretty sure gay Shephard has little to do with whether you're going to get a good ending. Unless there's a gay ending which would be hilariously awesome.