Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354633 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:on disk DLC edition
« Reply #765 on: March 15, 2012, 07:08:22 AM »
I don't think it's bad either. It's definitely one of the better ones, but the story was basically a soap opera and some characters like Kimahri and Yuna are straight-up retarded.

The only games I agree on that list were Ocarina of Time and Dragon Quest III because of their impact.

Here's the list btw. It's pretty shocking.
http://www.edge-online.com/features/japan-votes-all-time-top-100]
[url]http://www.edge-online.com/features/japan-votes-all-time-top-100
[/url]

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 15, 2012, 07:13:43 AM »
Meh, I could understand Kimahri a bit though.  He went through hell.  And Yuna was kind of sheltered.  I liked the story, like I said, game was a bit too easy.  I mean, it didn't have to be as douchey with difficulty spikes as XII, but...yeah, other than Yunalesca, there isn't really a boss in the game (main game at least) that you can't handle quite easily normally leveled.  Underleveled, only a couple more become difficult (Evrae, 3rd Seymour...angular freak, BFA).
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 15, 2012, 07:22:02 AM »
I honestly can't believe they rated Xenogears higher than FFVI. VI should've easily been tops.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 15, 2012, 07:23:23 AM »
And Xenogears rears its ugly head again.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 15, 2012, 07:27:01 AM »
Tell me about it. I blame Evangelion for its popularity. It was basically a shameless rip-off and it was in the point of time where Japanese had a hard on for Kabbalism and anime-as-hell usage of religious iconography.

I'm also surprised Vice City showed up on that list.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 15, 2012, 10:23:43 AM »
ive always wondered what american/euro made games sell in japan  dont think ive ever really heard about games made here striking gold with the Japanese crowd

They usually sell terribly, but if they're published by a well respected company they tend to do better. So far I've seen, games like Ratchet and Clank, Neverwinter Nights, Wizardry and GTA have sold well there.

I would guess xenophobia is part of why American consoles and games don't sell well in Asia. Either that or JRPGS are just that strong.
Actually, they really are. I just looked at the top 100 games charts and, no joke, it's 99% JRPGs.
the only reason i think GTA has sold really well is probably just because of the things you can do in the game i dont think ive seen any game from japan that lets you fuck a bitch in your car then kill said bitch for the 5 dollars you paid her
also i think a friend told me skyrim got a perfect score in famitsu

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 15, 2012, 07:04:17 PM »

Looking good, the only thing that can ruin this is..... the shippers, and an ending like the first series.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 15, 2012, 07:57:54 PM »
woot diablo 3 finally has a release date!!!

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 15, 2012, 09:05:41 PM »
Honestly, I could care less. Blizzard as of late takes their dear, sweet, loving time on every game now and they're hardly what you'd call groundbreaking. SCII was such a disappointment for me, the original Diablo team left ages ago, there's no PvP to speak of and strict DRM.

I'm sorry, Blizzard just isn't the same company they used to be. The only thing I still give them credit for is that they still rep the Macintosh.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 15, 2012, 09:11:24 PM »
Honestly, I could care less. Blizzard as of late takes their dear, sweet, loving time on every game now and they're hardly what you'd call groundbreaking. SCII was such a disappointment for me, the original Diablo team left ages ago, there's no PvP to speak of and strict DRM.

I'm sorry, Blizzard just isn't the same company they used to be. The only thing I still give them credit for is that they still rep the Macintosh.
well tbh im probably not gonna get diablo on release day anyway cause thats the same day max payne 3 comes out or if i could possibly find a job in the next few weeks ill most likely be playing tera so ill probably ignore both of those games

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #775 on: March 15, 2012, 09:44:25 PM »
There is gonna be PvP, but it's coming in a later patch.

I don't mind the wait, so long it's balanced and worthwhile. PvP in Diablo 2 was ridiculous. Too much about gear than actual build.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 15, 2012, 10:18:34 PM »
i hope they actually do something about that RMT system for the auction house dont care what anyone says thats dumb as hell

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 16, 2012, 01:09:18 AM »
damn i forgot how much fun arcana heart 3 could be gg's jinx

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 16, 2012, 01:51:15 AM »
There is gonna be PvP, but it's coming in a later patch.

I don't mind the wait, so long it's balanced and worthwhile. PvP in Diablo 2 was ridiculous. Too much about gear than actual build.

My problem is that I don't think any RPG that is coming out will top Dark Souls in terms of sheer epicness. The only thing I've seen so far that's looking to top it is Dragon's Dogma because of its sheer absurdity.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #779 on: March 16, 2012, 02:03:43 AM »
Did you see Dragon's Crown?

I'm hella hype for that. Beat'em up w/ RPG elements, I'm down.