Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 318975 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #765 on: December 29, 2011, 12:31:20 AM »
DPs man, DP's.  And are the Terry's at least good?

Can't really say, since lag doesn't help. Instead of me doing a hyperhop, I end up doing a Super Jump and the Terry just do Rising Tackle. =/

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 29, 2011, 12:39:36 AM »
Anyway, every time I think I improve in this game, I still get stomped for free.  It's gonna take me another 6 months just to get to mediocre at this point.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 29, 2011, 12:47:45 AM »
Anyway, every time I think I improve in this game, I still get stomped for free.  It's gonna take me another 6 months just to get to mediocre at this point.

I'm feeling this way as well. I've found a few online sparring partners who have consistently good connections with me. They stomped me for free the first times I played them. As I've improved, I'm hanging better but still coming up short. I'm very close to finally having a team so hopefully that helps. It can be very frustrating to see other players adapting and improving so much faster than I am.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #768 on: December 29, 2011, 01:15:49 AM »

I'm feeling this way as well. I've found a few online sparring partners who have consistently good connections with me. They stomped me for free the first times I played them. As I've improved, I'm hanging better but still coming up short. I'm very close to finally having a team so hopefully that helps. It can be very frustrating to see other players adapting and improving so much faster than I am.

The ones that are adapting and improving faster are most likely the players that already have their basics, fundamentals and mindgames down from playing people and learning the older KOF games, mostly likely 98/02 online (or offline wth a good scene). Even people that don't play KOF seriously but are good at other fighters (sf, bb, marvel) can adapt and learn faster from using general FG knowledge and skills which helps them learn KOF, faster than someone that just dabbled in it.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 29, 2011, 01:45:27 AM »
Hmm... I have won most of my online matches and the ones I have lost were because I was missing hops/combos badly. But can't really say which is my skill level in KOF when the only competition I have is the online. Which as we know is a wild card when it comes to connections. =/

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 29, 2011, 01:54:47 AM »
My Record is like 175-125...unfortunately there's a stretch there where I'm 2-40...against two people.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 29, 2011, 02:08:13 AM »
My Record is like 175-125...unfortunately there's a stretch there where I'm 2-40...against two people.
most of those matches you won were the ones where you kept stomping my face in the ground

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 29, 2011, 02:09:55 AM »
most of those matches you won were the ones where you kept stomping my face in the ground

And a couple other people, either way, the point is, my numbers are screwed up.

My record basically says I'm good against meh players, and I'm free against anyone that's actually a KOF player and not just a FG player.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 29, 2011, 03:10:27 AM »
After seeing how EX Iori turned out. I'm quite confident that SNK will make him balanced. I mean, EX Iori had everything that he ever had good into one version of himself that has made him top tier in various KOFs and he's still not God tier?

I think we'll be fine.

I'm willing to put faith in snk to have him not be god tier, but have a feeling he will be top tier which is fine. Although there are not a lot of cracking matchups in XIII.....that mr. karate vs takuma - lol

On appearances, makes takuma look like Dan. Dunno how takuma can fair against karate without being able to properly pressure w fbs.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 29, 2011, 05:02:07 AM »
Playing online hurts bad. I can't even get simple combos to get going. I'm too used to having offline reactions. This patch needs to hurry the hell up.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 29, 2011, 05:04:09 AM »
Yeah, blocking short hop crossups and fireballs on reaction are pretty much impossible online.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 29, 2011, 05:07:12 AM »
Playing online hurts bad. I can't even get simple combos to get going. I'm too used to having offline reactions. This patch needs to hurry the hell up.

yet again, it's unlikely a netcode patch.  It's gonna be a Matchmaking Patch, nothing more, nothing less.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 29, 2011, 05:26:03 AM »
I want to believe that there will be overall improvements included with the patch, but every indication provided in the description hell makes it look like matchmaking only which I was fearing from the get-go.

o wells, that will at least help a fair amount as connections are almost random. I play with solidshark a lot and if we lag we just reconnect, after enough times we've gotten some quality ones...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 29, 2011, 05:29:19 AM »
The thing is, that barely helps.  Most of us would rather play with people we know, as we'll get longer sets and we know our opponents are at least competent.  The patch doesn't touch the netcode...well, that doesn't improve these meh games we're already having so WTF?