Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319210 times)

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2011, 08:15:19 AM »
I see, thanks. Well the netcode is not really good for me, played with an online guy whom lives about 3KM from me and its not satisfactory. As a kof fan, I will have to admit UMVC is slightly better. Just to clarify, does buying (PS3) R1 games affect the netcode since I'm under Asia?  

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2011, 08:16:48 AM »
I see, thanks. Well the netcode is not really good for me, played with an online guy whom lives about 3KM from me and its not satisfactory. As a kof fan, I will have to admit UMVC is slightly better. Just to clarify, does buying (PS3) R1 games affect the netcode since I'm under Asia? 

They shouldn't, but are you and your friend both in Wired and have your Router Ports Forwarded? Also what NAT do you and your friend have? Because all this factors can make any fighting game play bad, even if you are really close. =/

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2011, 08:26:06 AM »
Hang on, router forward what?! I have never meddled in this before, all was default setting for my online games so far. Please shed some light. I'm running on PS3.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2011, 08:28:19 AM »
What Router do you have? It will make it easier for me to explain to you depending of the brand.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2011, 08:35:04 AM »
Hmh... Metacritic average 78 right now.

Have you seen ScrewAttack.com playing KOF XIII? http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/screwin-around/archived-screwin-around-w-king-fighters-13
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2011, 08:46:40 AM »
I'm running on 2wire 2700, any more information you need?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2011, 08:57:06 AM »
I'm running on 2wire 2700, any more information you need?

Hmm... that modem is kinda hard to find something. I found this:
http://www.zultrax.com/forward-port/2wire-2700hg-e.htm

If you see the option for DMZ somewhere in the menu, go there and put your PS3 IP in  the DMZ. That way it will allow any incoming and outgoing connections with no limit to your PS3 only. That is the simplest solution, there is a more complicated one, but never have dealt with your kind of router before. So I can't help that much, unless someone in here has the same router as yours and has forwarded ports with that router.

p2dftonton

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2011, 09:45:11 AM »
 ps2 controller convert to usb is not working on king of fighters13, why is that? we use PS3

pls help :)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2011, 10:24:16 AM »
Maybe a newbish question, but can someone explain how the bar indicators work? I joined a room that was listed as four bars, but then we each had two bars next to our names. The match was pretty laggy, and certainly one of the worst I've played.

Anyone else experienced this?

Anyway, I'd call the netcode decent. It's possible to find fun matches. I'd love if they could kill the input lag during some of those "almost good" matches.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2011, 11:13:02 AM »
Who's a good character to use against runaway shoto players?

Yep, a lot of them online. I think Shen and Clark fuck their shit up big time but I'm always open for more, Duo Lon looks interesting.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:48:16 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2011, 12:11:41 PM »
Who's a good character to use against runaway shoto players?

Yep, a lot of them online. I think Shen and Clark fuck their shit up big time but I'm always open for more, Duo Lon looks interesting.

Chin.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2011, 12:55:26 PM »
Put about 5 hours into it and loving it.

The online is filled with tons of new players, difficult not to win. 1 bar netwplay sucks, 2 bar is bearable and 3 is solid. Haven't played 4 but it must be real good going by how good 3 bars is.

Having a difficult time adjusting to playing on a pad, I keep wanting to offer a kingdom for a keyboard.

The port job itself is simply excellent, kudos SNK. And the game is pretty much exactly as good as I had imagined it would be (while watching match vids for a year and a half), plays like a dream.

Maybe a newbish question, but can someone explain how the bar indicators work? I joined a room that was listed as four bars, but then we each had two bars next to our names. The match was pretty laggy, and certainly one of the worst I've played.

That the only thing I don't like, when you create a room its just a suggestion and not a restriction. As such, if you or I create a room for 4 bar games only then it doesn't limit it to ppl just to 4 bars that can join the game, anyone can still join. So even though I set up rooms with 3 bars and above I often have ppl with 1 and 2 bars join.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2011, 01:07:11 PM »

Anyway, I'd call the netcode decent. It's possible to find fun matches. I'd love if they could kill the input lag during some of those "almost good" matches.

Is it possible that the player that made the room had 4 bars and left his room, or or had 4 bars and by the time you got to him he dropped to a three or two?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2011, 01:24:01 PM »
So jealous of all you guys. Prolly I am gonna have the game by the end of the week or maximum on Mon.

Quick question: Is it possible to see how many bars you got? or only how many your opponent has? And: Let's say I find a guy with a perfect connection.. is it possible to have more matches with him or as soon as the match finishes you have to re-queue?

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2011, 01:44:37 PM »
Have you watched YouTube comments of IGN's video review?
IGN Reviews - King of Fighters XIII Game Review
Fun to read  :)
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?